“Better end of cheap”
Review of My Spa

My Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: My Spa is a traditional Vietnamese day spa conveniently located in District 1 of Ho Chi Minh City. We provide a full range of professional spa services including: massage, facials, waxing and nail care. My Spy uses 100% natural organic products and essential oils. Welcome to My Spa!
HCMC
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Better end of cheap”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

My Spa is in a really good location and I would have to say, compared to the two other cheap spas I tried, this one is better than the others. As described by other reviewers, it's really dark in there, noisy, and no privacy. You're basically in a room with 12 other people, side by side, separated by a sheer curtain. So if you're uncomfortable with nudity in a room of strangers - this is not the place for you! Apart from that - the massage was good but a little rough since they do a lot of stretching and twisting like Thai massage. I liked the cucumber facial that came with the massage.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Meets my expectations every time”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have been to My Spa many times ever since I was introduced by a Vietnamese friend last June. As I count, I have been there 12 times, as I try to make it a point to go there every day whenever I am in Saigon and so far I have never been disappointed every time.

Ms My, the boss, always promptly replies my emails regarding treatments and reservations every time and I do appreciate that. I always request for a single room each time as I do not like to be disturbed, and the small fee I pay is worth it as I do not need to worry about anyone on my left or right in the common areas.

The first time I was there in June, I was quite happy with my masseur and I always request for her every time I am there as the familiarity makes it easier and less awkward. Only once she was not there when I visited but the other masseurs were good too. But I still try to request for the same masseur anyway. I have tried the massage, body scrub and facial and it has been great every time.

Only complaint? The water pressure in the bathroom is always a little low and I usually spend more time in the bathroom than I usually do. But that minor blip is nothing compared to the excellent service and hospitality I have been given.

I have recommended a few friends to My Spa and all have returned with positive reviews. I will be back in the future too.

-Edward

Sydney
“Probably the best massage I've ever had”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

From the moment that you walk into the front door the service at My Spa is impeccable and the atmosphere is relaxing. My wife and I tried the 60 minute Hot Stone Massage, which was an exerience to remember! I enjoyed it so much I returned the next day for a 90 minute massage! At around $15 for 60 minutes and $20 for 90 minutes I would get a massage every week if I lived in Saigon.

Two tips - ask for masseur number 36, you won't be disappointed. If the open massage area that others have complained about bothers you then pay an extra $5 for a private room.

RSA
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“A welcome and luxurious escape from the chaos that is Saigon :)”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

On my first day in HCMC I decided to treat myself to some pampering. I Googled "spa in Ho Chi Minh" and My Spa popped up at the top of the page on Tripadvisor. It was easy to get to - I walked from the Ben Tanh Market with the address and a decent map.

Opening the door I was greeted by about 5 Vietnamese ladies neatly dressed in their spa uniforms. They offered me tea (hot or iced) and sat me down to wait my turn. The inside is extremely peaceful with delightfully "wafty" music, lush purple silk couches, hanging drapes and dimmed lighting. Flowers are everywhere and incense is burning.

A tiny lady took me upstairs to where I would have my massage. 60 minutes of heaven! A full body massage, peels of cucumber layered on my face and hot stones too. At the end she used her knees to massage my back and did this amazing contortionist thing where my whole body was lying in an arc, backwards, on her. In the room/partition next to me, seperated by purple curtains, I could hear the man who arrived after me snoring his head off!

After that treat I was taken downstairs for my manicure and pedicure and offered more tea. I emerged from there feeling all wafty myself, and it'd only cost me about 540,000VND! Yes, this is more expensive than the other places I tried after that, but 100% worth it. Afterwards, the spa manager put me into a reputable taxi, told them where to take me and off I went. I wanted to go again on my last day but sadly did not have the time.

Sydney, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Simplistic the best skills.”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Wow! My wife and are super impressed with the masseurs there. We have had massages in many countries and this one is one of the best if not the best massage parlor.

We got bent in different positions which really helped to relax our body. After the massage, our bodies feel lighter and more comfortable if that makes any sense to you.

Anyway go and experience it for yourself.

1 Thank Leo_Li721