“Amazing food at a great price, and with awesome service!”

Royal Saigon Restaurant Bui Vien
Ranked #44 of 4,221 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Description: Based in the busy tourist/backpacker area of Ho Chi Minh City. We serve you our carefully selected, fresh and delicious Vietnamese dishes with various Vegetarian and Vegan options with a service that makes everyone feel welcome and special. Our food products are of the finest quality and prepared with sensitivity, care and passion. Portions are modestly sized with an attractive traditional presentation. Prices range from from VND 35.000 to VND 160.000. Our lunch set menu offers 6 sets offering chicken, beef, pork and vegetarian/vegan option. New on the menu: Granola Smoothie Bowl and Durian Pandan Crepe. Free Wi-Fi service and air-conditioned rooms on the first floor. We are a plastic straw free restaurant and offer a water refill station to you by hoping you to support the mission of reducing plastic. We speak fluent English, German, Cantonese and understand basic French. We look forward to welcome you at our family business. Enjoy your time in Saigon!
Reviewed December 19, 2017 via mobile

I cannot say enough good things about Royal Saigon. I first went there when I was backpacking in Vietnam. I was very impressed with quality and freshness of the food, as well as the level of service. I have severe dietary restrictions, and the staff was very kind, patient and helpful in ensuring to find something that I could safely eat.
I later approached them about catering for a group of volunteers with whom I work. They were very open to the idea, and worked diligently with me to make sure the group’s needs were met. All of our volunteers (some of whom are very picky!) gave raving reviews of their food.
If you’re looking for a place to eat whether it is with friends, family or need catering for a large group, look no further than Royal Saigon. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. Thank you so much to all of the Royal Saigon staff for being wonderful!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,977)

Reviewed December 19, 2017

Cos of the reviews , I tried this restaurant and it was a great disappointment. The restaurant is at a very noisy street and it was some of the worst food I got during my 4 weeks trip in Vietnam. Don't expect to get that what is shown in the photos of the menu. I ordered Banh Khot ; tasteless, oily , then Bo nuong ong tre : instead in a bamboo, in alu covered bamboo, again tasteless, no lemongrass flavour, just green pepper, more onion than beef , the rest was rice. A poor tourist version of Vietnamese food. Last not least 3 beers on the bill but after I complained that I drunk just two, the changed the bill.

Duc Thang L, Owner at Royal Saigon Restaurant Bui Vien, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2017

Dear SteveHH1955,

we would like to thank you for your helpful comments to your experience at the Royal Saigon Restaurant. Our restaurant is located at the vibrant backpacker street Bui Vien which is pretty lively. If the info would have reached to us that you rather prefer to dine in a quiet room we would gladly have seaten you in the upstairs area into the room which faces the back yard. We are sorry to have missed the chance.

In our culture the Banh Khot (Coconut Mini Rice Pancakes) does not come in a very strong flavor. It is meant to get wrapped by the salad leafs that comes with the meal and to get dipped into the Nuoc Mam Sauce. It does give a the taste richness with various textures. We seem to have missed to inform you about how to eat it. We will hold a briefing with the service staff regarding to this. Thank you for the information.

We will have a look into the Ga Ong Tre (Chicken in the bamboo tube). We received positive comments for this dish at the same day from local as well as Western guests. We do weight the quantity of ingredients as well as the amount of meat content. We are going to start an investigation regarding to this popular meal. We would like to apologise for a unpleasant experience. I would like to thank you for clearifying that you had two beers instead of three when it came to your bill. Of course we would fix this mistake of us immediately. Serving many guests with an expectation is a challenge that we want to accept and we are grateful for your helpful words.
Our Vietnamese food is the actual way we would eat ourselves and we would like to have our guests a authentic Vietnamese experience in Saigon for a reasonable price.

"Wir hoffen darauf Sie in unserem Hause wieder fuer vietnamesisches Essen begruessen zu duerfen. Bitte sprechen Sie uns fuer Ihre wuensche persoenlich an. Wir nehmen uns gerne die Zeit um uns um Sie rundum zu kuemmern.

Herzliche Gruesse aus dem sonnigen Saigon,
Thang Luu

Reviewed December 17, 2017 via mobile

The food is delicious and the price is reasonable. The waiter and waitress here are friendly. Great place to visit

Reviewed December 17, 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is small,but the staff is friendly and helpful.All the dishes we ordered were tasty.Especially the deep fried shrimp ,spring roll,the coconut pancake was good and special.But the banana cake which recommended here was the only dish I had a bit disappointed ,the taste was average.

Reviewed December 17, 2017

We ate at the Royal Saigon 3 times during our brief stop in Ho Chi Minh. We came on our first night and then couldn't resist coming back again. The food is excellent - try the 'Welcome to Vietnam' platter, and the staff are fabulous. All of that and reasonably priced.

Yen-Linh T, Owner at Royal Saigon Restaurant Bui Vien, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2017

Dear ShepAllot,

I am Iny the owner and I am sending you a letter from our wait staff Mr. Trong.
Thank you very much for your visit. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Dear ShepAllot,
it was my honor to have an opportunity to write a response to your review,
(thanks a lot Ms. Iny ). First of all, as a waiter, and on be half of all staff at Royal Saigon, I would like to express my gratitude for your feedback. I am so glad that you liked our restaurant, not only the food but also the service, and more important, you made me feel that Royal Saigon brought a good impression about Vietnam to you during your stay here, and we appreciate it very much. Secondly, as a college student, I would like to thank you for giving us a chance to practice speaking English, so that we can improve our skill day by day. We will work on our service skills to satisfy more and more guests. We hope to get the chance to serve you in the near future again.

Finally, Christmas is coming soon, I wish you goof health and a merry Christmas