“Fantastic Hospitality”
Review of Minh Chau Hotel

Minh Chau Hotel
Ranked #39 of 466 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My friends and I arrived in HCMC at 10PM, exhausted after a fifteen hour bus trip. We had little time before needing to take an early morning bus to a distant beach. We didn't know how to book this in advance and it was the holidays. I dropped an email to the hotel inquiring about it the night before checking in.

When we arrived at the hotel, the cheerful owner greeted us and let us know she had reserved us the last four seats on a bus to our destination the next morning. She showed us to two great, cool, comfy rooms and let us know she would keep her restaurant open for us so we could have a hot dinner. After a great dinner and night of sleep, the owner had our breakfast made and ready for us at dawn, before arranging a taxi to our new bus and speaking with the driver to ensure a fair price.

Could not have had a better experience. The owner knows how to treat her guests!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank BCalv22

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Room is worth the money. Clean & Comfortable. It's location is not in the heart of down town, away from it, surrounded by local Vietnamese residents and giving you quite an experience. It is not too far from down town as well, just 45 mins walk or there are bikers / taxis a call away. People are friendly and always there to help even with language barrier.

Room Tip: Add extra bugs and choose one with bath tub and buy some pampering for yourselves.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank kechiya
Reviewed December 19, 2013

This is a great place to stay in Saigon. The rooms are very clean, the staff very helpful, and the restaurant up top is a great place to have a drink at the end of the day. We have been traveling in Vietnam for seven weeks, always staying in hotels under $20, and this is the cleanest we have been to.

Also, the owner, Phu, is very helpful with everything you need; whether helping us with a taxi cab driver that overcharged us or booking cheap tours for us.

We highly recommend Minh Chau!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin O
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I rarely write a review but in this particular case I am so compelled to do so. The owner and staff at this hotel are the kindest and most helpful I have ever experienced anywhere that I've stayed. The rooms are nice and clean. The restaurant on the top floor has phenomenal food at fantastic prices. If you are staying in Ho Chi Minh then I highly recommend you experience this wonderful place for yourself.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DaveGuitarTaylor
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I can't express how incredible the staff at this hotel are. Me and two friends arrived in Ho Chi Minh city with 2 nights booked in this hotel with absolutely no idea what we were going to do over our 2 week trip.
Phu (the manager) sat with us and gave us countless pieces of advice on where to travel, what to see and how long we should stay in each place. She helped us book hotels, taxis, buses and various other things even while we were in other cities. She will not hesitate to go out of her way to help you.
I would add that this was the only place in Vietnam where I was offered anything for free. She even loaned us some money when we ran short on Vietnam Dong for our taxi to the airport. I can't stress enough how rare that is in this country!

The rooms were simple and effective and the food was excellent. Best Coffee in Vietnam, hands down.

Don't book this hotel for the rooms or facilities - book this hotel because Phu + Staff will Ensure you get the absolute maximum out of your trip and keep you safe.

Phu, my trip wouldn't have been half as good without you! Thank you so much.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Steven J
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This hotel offers a great slice of life in the city at rates that cannot be beaten. The staff are absolutely fantastic, and will do anything to help you. I had made an error with my booking at another hotel which they helped me sort out immediately. They will also sort you out for some bargain priced tours and the food is really great. Lots of secure space in a wardrobe you can padlock, Wifi is free and there are lots of places to eat nearby and a little mart on the street for anything you want to get yourself to eat or drink. I spent a few pleasant evenings drinking beers on the balcony and watching the street below. This is a wonderful experience for anyone visiting on a budget, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it or to stay there again myself.

Room Tip: As it's already inexpensive to stay here, I'd recommend booking the largest room with the ba...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Elmo_Keep
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Having trawled through hundreds of hotels in Ho Chi Minh which just all looked identikit I stumbled across Minh Chau and I am so so pleased that I did. The rooms are simple but very clean but the roof terrace is just a delight. The lady who runs it Phu couldn't have been more helpful. It is only a 15 min cab ride to District 1 and there is a taxi company next door so always very easy and you knew you could trust them not to overcharge. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple