“A sanctuary to relax your mind, spirit and body”

Sivananda Yoga Center
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I am very grateful for spending one week as a resident at Sivananda yoga centre HCMC in July 2013. This was a great sanctuary from the noisy external and internal life you have when living here, particularly when you are going through seismic changes in life ( as I am). What a great place! The space here is really nice, quite tranquil and more mindful than say what you get at a commercial gym.

More importantly, I have learned to incorporate meditation into my everyday life which has been key to keeping me sane. The yoga was a key component to restoring health and mindfulness, especially when practising twice a day; the teachers were great, never forcing you to do what you couldn't do. You truly feel energized and ready to take on anything after morning yoga!

Meditation and Satsang beginning at 6.00 am in the morning was also a good way to experience the rhythms of a day. Being a vegetarian for a week also felt good and the food was tasty. Accommodation was simple but the room was clean and once again a good space for introspection.

Thank you so much to all the Sivananda teachers, volunteers and their passion for making the experience an uplifiting one. Much thanks and gratitude to Ganga, Durga, Shanti and Sati Devi, you were all very kind. I will be back soon for more yoga classes :) Om shanti

6  Thank Arls_T
There are newer reviews for Sivananda Yoga Center

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I spent six months in Ho Chi Minh City and went to this centre almost every day to practice yoga. The yoga teachers, of which there are many, are very friendly and helpful and most of them even speak English. I learned a lot from the classes.

The building is also beautiful and spacious, an oasis in the hectic city centre. Classes were never overcrowded.

One memorable class was held on the rooftop!

3  Thank 189180Kristin
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I joined 6 Days 5 Nights Sivananda Yoga Vocation @ Cu Chi in February 2013. My body and soul was really rejuvenated.

Everyday, we had meditation, chanting, karma yoga and asana classes. All the classes led us to be more peaceful. Plus, we were served with very nice vegetarian dishes which made us feel more pure in body. Moreover, we could made friends with many people from different countries!

The medium of instruction by the yoga teachers was english. It was clear and professional. They would adjust our movement, but not force us to do the pose.

I just love it so much. Next time, i hope i can attend the yoga vocation for more than 10 days! (6-days is really not enough actually)

2  Thank Janet B
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Oh, this place is so nice to have the yoga classed. The staff is well trained and ambience is perfect. We live in Ho Chi Minh city and my wife is so impressed with this small place still so warm. The glow in the staff faces clearly shows the benefit of yoga. Neat and clean.
The Cu Chi experience is for the people able to compromise on luxury. Its also a great place. Basically the diet will be vegeterian and the place is quite hot. So, it makes the person mentally and physically strong. Enjoy the nature as it is amidst tight and well disciplined system.

2  Thank madhuar
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I went to a class at the centre during my 3 day trip to Ho Chi Minh City. I was greeted and assisted beautifully and the class was conducted in both English and Vietnamese.

I have never done this type of yoga before and found it to be both challenging and enjoyable.

The only drawback is the noise from the street directly outside and the noise from within the centre. The instructor was trying to use soothing tones in her voice and chanting, but often had to almost shout over the distractions of motorbikes, voices and someone preparing food and/or washing dishes.

3  Thank Julia H