“Excellent yoga centre in Ho Chi minh city”

Sivananda Yoga Center
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent yoga centre in Ho Chi minh city”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Oh, this place is so nice to have the yoga classed. The staff is well trained and ambience is perfect. We live in Ho Chi Minh city and my wife is so impressed with this small place still so warm. The glow in the staff faces clearly shows the benefit of yoga. Neat and clean.
The Cu Chi experience is for the people able to compromise on luxury. Its also a great place. Basically the diet will be vegeterian and the place is quite hot. So, it makes the person mentally and physically strong. Enjoy the nature as it is amidst tight and well disciplined system.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank madhuar

Perth, Australia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“A lovely experience marred only by the noisy distractions”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I went to a class at the centre during my 3 day trip to Ho Chi Minh City. I was greeted and assisted beautifully and the class was conducted in both English and Vietnamese.

I have never done this type of yoga before and found it to be both challenging and enjoyable.

The only drawback is the noise from the street directly outside and the noise from within the centre. The instructor was trying to use soothing tones in her voice and chanting, but often had to almost shout over the distractions of motorbikes, voices and someone preparing food and/or washing dishes.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Julia H
Saigon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun Experience”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I wasn't expecting a lot when I went, but was pleasantly surprised and will continue to come back. Make sure you check the schedule ahead of time!

2 Thank Olivia L
Innisfail, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Somewhere to get to know yourself a little more!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed at the Sivananda Yoga Centre for 1 week. I found the staff very friendly, gentle and always happy to answer any questions. The accomadation was clean and comfy. The Yoga teachings were explained well and taught in a gentle way. I attended some beginner classes as well the open classes and found them to be both rewarding and well worth it. I got a lot out of the spiritual and philosophical side of the yoga teachings, finding them comfortable and interesting, no matter what your faith. I still have the daily chanting in my heart and my head.. I also must mention the yummy food, very good, nutritional but more than anything it was shared with some beautiful people.. Thanking you all for a wonderful experience ..

3 Thank MeeganSmith
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Exactly what my soul needed”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I spent a couple of weeks in Vietnam recently for work and after a hectic and exhausting week, I craved some restoration. In my searches I came by Sivananda Yoga Center and settled on attending the open 8am class on Sunday. I knew I had found my oasis for the morning when I was greeted by the lovely Hamsa, who was incredibly warm and welcoming.

There were only four of us in the class, which was unusual to me, coming from Sydney where it is normal to have 40-50 bodies packed in a room. A refreshing change of pace actually. We spent the first 10 -15 minutes on breathing exercises alone, which immediately invited us into a calmer space. Even in the midst of the buzzing and honking motorbikes that sped by the center, I found myself enjoying the noise rather than feeling distracted. Nothing felt out of place. The class moved at a slower pace than I'm used to - many classes I attend are more power focused but that didn't mean this session was any less challenging. I really loved the idea of breaking away and trying a new class, with a new teacher in a different environment. In fact, with Hamsa's help and loving encouragement, I found myself in a handstand - something I normally shy away from trying. Just goes to show what we can accomplish when we step out of our comfort zone.

I wish I would have had more time to attend another class! If I find myself back in HCMC, I will return and would love to explore their retreats too. My brief visit was wonderful and I would highly recommend it to anyone, especially if you're a travelling yogi. It is so interesting to gain different perspectives and view into yoga communities around the globe. Thank you, Hamsa and Sivananda Yoga Center, for providing just what my mind, body and soul needed that day.

4 Thank KatieKohlbeck