A & EM Hotel
New World Saigon Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$175
$120
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Blue Diamond Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$44
$41
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Sanouva Saigon Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$47
$43
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Nikko Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$108
Great 4.5/5
Windsor Plaza Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$89
$69
Agoda.com
Very Good 4/5
Grand Hotel Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$143
$96
Trip.com
$98
$89
Great 4.5/5
Silverland Yen Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$110
$102
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Villa Song Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$189
$185
Travelocity
Excellent 5/5
Sherwood Residence(Ho Chi Minh City)
$153
$147
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdong dusheraton hotelhalal foodexcellent locationthe heart of the cityper nightclean roomsstreetdistrictsaigonconveniencebathtub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

The company had probably made a mistake when they sent me the reservation for this hotel. When I arrived in front of it I have asked the driver to call the agency but they told me that was the hotel. Down to the hotel there is a pub with vaguely dressed girls and loud music that was pumped until 1 am. After that shouting doors started accompanied with women laughing. Some time later fake pleasure groans until she put her spike heels and left the room. I thought maybe breakfast will be ok. After the shower I found a long hear on the towel which definitively wasn't mine. I went down for breakfast in the same place where few our before there was the sexy pub. I just had a coffee and run out from that place. I was annoyed by having a meeting with the client in the morning without having slept at all. This was indeed my worst experience of hotel so far.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Gio_SlowFood
Reviewed January 10, 2014

So my husband and I booked this hotel 3 months in advance, and paid in full. We arrived today to join our friends who had arrived the night before and are already booked into five suites. Having come from Ben Thanh with them, we parted ways cheerfully at the lobby and approached Reception, only to be told the hotel was full and that our room (may I reinforce: FULLY paid for, for four nights with THREE months' notice) was occupied by its previous occupant who was supposed to have left the day before but was unfortunately hospitalised and his flight coincidentally delayed. Are we seriously expected to believe that? Do they have no inkling of the meaning of the word "reservation"? Fully paid, too! We had received no phone call or email whatsoever to inform us of this event beforehand. Imagine the nasty shock we got when this news was sprung on us all of a sudden. The girl at Reception was unhelpful and unapologetic, bleating that the manager is unavailable and apathetically offering to pay for the taxi fare as if she were swatting at annoying flies. She kept insisting that we walk to the nearest A&Em hotel and just did not seem to get our frustration. Furthermore, we are expected to WALK back to this A&Em to meet our friends to attend a wedding dinner later in the evening, in our evening wear! The room we are given in the Hai Ba Trung property is cramped, noisy (I can hear construction going on right outside my window right now for gosh sakes) and it has quite spoilt our first Vietnam experience.
Overall, I hope the management of this establishment will take note of this and improve on the horrible hotel management skill and bad customer service. I am utterly disgusted and rendered speechless at such horrible handling of bookings and customers. You may depend on it that I will not be recommending this hotel to friends after this experience.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Heidi O
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I have stayed here so often and at a long stay from time to time, It is well located very secure, great Staff excellent price, comfortable bed, all good highly recommend it, in the same street as Sheraton Hotel and at a fraction of the price the down side is the rooms are small, but who cares as it is a room that is clean and well presented,

Room Tip: A High floor from about 5th up as there is a Night Club down stairs can be a bit loud but finishes at about midnight
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Tony S
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The reception staff had good english and customer service. Very accommodating and attentive. My cleaning lady spoke good english and did a great job everyday. Each room has a desktop computer and free internet. The décor was very lush and classy. Was surprised english is not common in Vietnam, even in HCMC District 1. Staff were very helpful and organised taxi's, adventure tours, and giving address directions and help. The buffet breakfast was the best I've ever had in a hotel. Asian stir fries and stews, fried rice, noodle soup, scrambled or fried eggs, yogurt, fresh fruits, pastries and breads. Once I sat down the staff kept bringing me more food and drinks. All you can eat, but high quality, and I'm very cautious from bad food experiences. The location is great, close to the malls, markets, and plenty of local vendors everywhere. Found it quiet on the 4th floor, not a noisy street. Good massage parlour round the corner; tailor on the same street (had a suit and shirt made); Hung Long no commission money exchange a block away. Had an excellent stay. My Australian friends stayed at other places but did not get this sort or value and extra's. They also allow you to bring friends back, which some hotels DO NOT allow. Suits young professionals, couples, and business travellers.

Room Tip: I found photos of the rooms and hotel on Agoda to be accurate. Each room has a desktop computer and free internet. District 1 is the main city centre area, so good for shopping, nightlife, tourist attractions. Was pretty quiet on the 4th floor upwards if you care about noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank B Adventures A
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The room was tiny, but expected. It was very clean and they replaced a small hinge on the shower door that was loose while we were out one day without us saying anything. The free breakfast in the morning is great. The only a few criticisms I had were the cleaning crew starts at around 6am and with such small rooms and hallways, all we heard from 6am on every morning was doors slamming and people cleaning. Second, the staff is super nice, but typically when I've checked in to a hotel in other countries that recognize we're foreign, we're given a small map and told where to find breakfast, taxis, etc. So while they're super nice, the actual service was a little sub-par with the exception of the women working the breakfast buffet who were phenomenal. We were also charged $25usd by the front desk for an airport pick-up, so they're not complimentary, but in all fairness, they told us that ahead of time. We stayed here for about five days and we were pleased to find the hotel in close walking distance to everything we wanted to see, don't take a taxi! The room was tiny, but we did our research and knew this was expected. It was very clean and we even noticed they replaced a small hinge on the shower door that was loose while we were out one day without is saying anything. The free breakfast in the morning is actually great. Most of the foods seem like dinner foods like beef and chicken with veggies but they also serve pho so we assumed this was them giving us a taste of the traditional foods. We also got cereal, toast and eggs. The only two criticisms I had were the cleaning crew starts at around 6am and with such small rooms and hallways, all we heard from 6am on every morning was doors slamming and people cleaning. Can this be fixed? Probably not, so we didn't say anything. Second, the staff is super nice, but typically when is checked in to a hotel in other countries that recognize we're foreign, we're given a small map and just told where to find breakfast, taxis, etc. We asked for a late check out (3pm instead of noon) and they looked at us like we were crazy. So while they're super nice, the actual service was a little sub-par with the exception of the women working the breakfast buffet who were phenomenal. We were en charged $25usd by the front desk for an airport pick-up, so they're not complimentary, but they told us that ahead of time, we just thought it was super over-priced. Other than those things, we were very happy with everything and we would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013