“Fantastic Steak!”

El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The "Argentinian Steakhouse El Gaucho" is a modern, yet traditional, fine dining steakhouse introducing glamour, hospitality and the cuisine of Argentina. Our dedication to bring a true essence of the authentic steak cuisine to the people of Saigon originates from our love for quality food, prime meats and a passion for Argentina.
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Ambience is good and staff were friendly and attentive.

Four of us had a 1kg USA Choiced Beef Fillet; it simply melts in your mouth! It's a must-try.

The restaurant is usually fully booked so please make prior reservations if you don't want to walk away disappointed!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We went here for dinner and ordered the steak. We have been spoilt with good steak and this one was definitely up there. It was medium-rare to perfection and melted in your mouth. It is on the upper end when it comes to price (given that you can find restaurants that cost $5 or so per head for quite nice food).

If you like your meat, definitely go here.

The service and ambiance were also good.

1  Thank wordtraveller13
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I like hamburgers. That's tough in HCMC. Pho is the dish of choice in this town, not a hamburger. BUT if you want a great hamburger and don't mind paying a bit over 300,000 VND for this treat, then this is the place to go.
It will be tough for me to review their steaks because I want another hamburger and it is just too good and too big to eat and then order a steak too. My pal who ate the steak when we had dinner there said it was delicious, and since he eats all over SE Asia AND did not offer a taste to me, I will have to assume it was also very good.
In addition to a perfectly cooked (medium rare, juicy, hot, tasty meat) the burger was accompanied by a lot of french fries, or a cross between french fries and steak fries. They too were perfect--crisp outsides and soft potatoey insides. This is a ten star hamburger. OH, I did order the premium beef--the Aussie equivalent of Kobe beef. That, I am sure, accounted for the higher cost, but it was worth it. I'd rather pay for something great than get cheap food that tastes lousy. I'm going back soon. Happily!

1  Thank Captbill98
Reviewed November 18, 2013

All in all El Gaucho is the steakhouse of choice when in Saigon, great cuts cooked to perfection. That's the steak...the rest of the menu needs to catch up. Starters let this restaurant down although the chorizo sausage are good. One issue with the district 1 site is that they can sometimes cram you in like sardines which is why I prefer the district 7 location...nicer ambiance and views also...

Reviewed November 15, 2013

It was a good thing we booked a table because we didnt realise how popular and busy this place was. When we walked in we were welcomed as soon as we walked in the door. The food was great and there was so much on the menu to choose from which was difficult to decide! My favourite was the starter of provelone cheese pot and our steak for the main was Australian beef and it was fantastic. We also ordered the BBQ pork ribs as we couldnt resist, realising it was a little too much food but the meat fell off the bone and they were amazing! I had the best cocktail which was a champagne mojito and could have had more! But the best of all was the caramel vodka, it was the smoothest shot we ever had and it kept on coming!! This place was pricier than the usual in HCMC but worth going to.