“Great Food!”

El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The "Argentinian Steakhouse El Gaucho" is a modern, yet traditional, fine dining steakhouse introducing glamour, hospitality and the cuisine of Argentina. Our dedication to bring a true essence of the authentic steak cuisine to the people of Saigon originates from our love for quality food, prime meats and a passion for Argentina.
“Great Food!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Love the food here, but get there early to beat the crowd otherwise it is becomes uncomfortably noisy. Atmosphere is lacking as they cram too many tables in and you are on top of each other, Pricey also, but for me, worth every penny. Love the food and enjoy early dinners in peace! Will be going back......PS....caramel vodka rocks!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
“has to be one of the best steackhouse in town”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

went there twice and the steaks were amazing!!! really nice food with a nice range of steaks to choose from and had a few side dishes to share to make it perfect (many other dishes to choose from on the menu but only had steaks :) )
there is on in the Phu my hung area (hope that the right spelling) and another one in district 1. I have been to both of them and the food was really good in both
very friendly owner who's open for a chat with customers.
Cant really comment on the price as it was a business dinner and all paid for but from memory it was reasonnably priced for quality imported meat.
If you like a good steak definitly go check it out!!

Garden Grove, California
“Amazing Filet Mignon in District 7”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Discovered this great steakhouse restaurant in District 7, of Saigon.

Beautifully located by the modern, luxurious Crescent Mall, El Gaucho is my place of choice whenever craving for a good Filet Mignon while in Vietnam.

It stands among other restaurants facing the man-made lake which makes the Crescent Mall my chosen area whenever I feel like going for a nice, evening out.

Known for their Argentinian theme, the décor is cool, modern and inviting. You can either eat at the patio or inside the restaurant. Right away, this place grabs your attention because of its modern, warm décor and the Argentinian music you can hear coming from the restaurant.

The food isn’t cheap here, especially the Filet Mignon. But they offer a large range of different types of meat (Filet Mignon, Ribeye, etc) from different countries (Australia, USDA, etc), with different ounzage (250g, 350g, 500g). And though it is on the pricey side (for Vietnam), if you don’t each much, you can always share with another person and find great value in it, as the meat is of excellent quality.

We therefore had the perfectly cooked Filet Mignon with an arugula salad whose dressing was excellent (though the salad was a little bit too drenched of sauce, so I recommend that you ask for it on the side).

Customer service here is pretty good, though for some strange visit, on our second visit, it took 4 waiters to understand that we wanted added ice cubes to our water (not keep pouring iced-cold water in the glass).

Definitely a place I would recommend if you are craving for some read meat. I hear they have another location in another district, if District 7 is too far. I’ve only been to the one in District 7 and I like it!

Bucharest, Romania
“Found it by accident and loved it – Excellent”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I found the El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse restaurant by accident and I am glad I did because they have the best cut filet I ever tasted, the quality of the meat and the preparation were perfect. The really tasty meat is accompanied by a fine selection of wines which in my opinion simply means excellent service. The appetizers (empanadas and chorizo) were pretty good too. I’d say that the two starters, steaks and two glasses of Spanish wine worth every penny. The restaurant has somewhere between fifteen to twenty tables, a cheerful atmosphere and a rather discreet design - wood and old photos of Argentina and I mostly noticed foreigners as clients. I was at the Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse one time only but I’d love to eat there again. For sure the place to go on my next visit to Ho Chi Minh City.

Seattle, Washington
“A steak dinner like this in Vietnam?”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I can't believe how good the steak was here! I am still kicking myself. A group of co-workers and I were fortunate enough to spend some time here while in Saigon. Our meal consisted of the Chorizo (Excellent) Caesar Salad (Very Good) 350gr Australian Prime Black Angus Rib Eye (Superb) Cheesecake w / Berries (Great) and a Caramel Vodka (Has to be tried - so smooth and delicious) shot to top off one of the greatest dining experiences in my stay on the planet Earth. Salud El Gaucho!

Visited April 2013