“Expensive? Maybe, but it is worth it.”

El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The "Argentinian Steakhouse El Gaucho" is a modern, yet traditional, fine dining steakhouse introducing glamour, hospitality and the cuisine of Argentina. Our dedication to bring a true essence of the authentic steak cuisine to the people of Saigon originates from our love for quality food, prime meats and a passion for Argentina.
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Probably the best steakhouse in town. I agree that it is on the expensive side, but certainly well worth the price. The steaks we ordered are cooked to perfection, and the sides, sauce (esp. Bearnaise sauce) and bread are excellent (the service is also great and efficient!). Hope to return soon to give myself a treat (can't afford to go there every week). If you are looking for a great steakhouse, then El Gaucho should be on your list.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I agree that their steaks are excellent, atmosphere cozy if a bit loud, and servers are hard-working and friendly. Unfortunately, this was one of those embarrassing situations where we invited out-of-town guests to what we thought would be a great evening only to have to apologize for the experience. While working hard, the service was extremely slow and very elusive. My wife reminds me that this was Valentine's Day, and probably they are better under normal circumstances; sorry, but at $350 for four people you just can't make those excuses, especially at a place seating according to reservations made (they know exactly how busy they may expect to be on a given evening including this one). In fact, it's just these kinds of circumstances that separate the fine restaurants from the weak.

So what went wrong? I really don't know, except that as a restaurant manager of 9 years in a previous life, I assume one or all of the following failures may have been in play--possibly the service staff was insufficient in number to handle the volume; possibly they are under-trained; possibly they are not correctly trained (it didn't seem they were communicating well). In any case we won't be going back for a long long time, if ever. Other very good restaurants in town sell steaks almost as good as these for a third the price.

3  Thank Ron W
Reviewed February 13, 2013

During our trip to Ho chi minh city, we stayed in IBIS Saigon, which is very near to this restaurant. After my friend told about steak which is famous here. We came here and tried Rib eye steak. I liked a lot and it was awesome taste with mushroom sauce. Also we had mashed pototoes, and garlic breads.
Overall it was bit expensive, but for the taste, it definitely worth it.

2  Thank weknows
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Fantastic steakhouse, food is consistently delicious. Staff are friendly and helpful. The caramel vodka is a nice touch. My favourite steakhouse in town however it is very pricey compared to similar restaurants in Saigon.

1  Thank Inoppy
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This steak in this restaurant is superb! Try the mixed grill that comes with beef fillet, chicken, spicy sausage, pork ribs. The portion is quite sizeable and good value.

Have it with the Malbec red wine .

Waiters were friendly and helpful. They even managed to locate a sports bar next door to watch my soccer match.