“Steaks...”

El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The "Argentinian Steakhouse El Gaucho" is a modern, yet traditional, fine dining steakhouse introducing glamour, hospitality and the cuisine of Argentina. Our dedication to bring a true essence of the authentic steak cuisine to the people of Saigon originates from our love for quality food, prime meats and a passion for Argentina.
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Steaks...”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

...are just great. I tried the medium sized ribeye, which was well seasoned and cooked to perfection. Wines are top too. Service in the upstairs restaurant is excellent. Highty recommended for when you crave red meat.

1 Thank SukiMole

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
“Best steak in a long long time and the best in Ho Chi Minh!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is definitely the place to go in Ho Chi Minh when you just gotta have a great steak.

Great decor, friendly staff and very bustling atmosphere but not too loud.

I definitely over did it as my craving for steak was huge, I had the tartare and a 500gm piece of beautifully rare black angus (from memory). Both dishes were amazing. The steak was cooked to perfection and even though it was very rare the knife almost fell through it it was that tender and delicious.

This is a must if you have a craving and the budget.

Price wise it is expensive for Ho Chi Minh, working out to be around $75-80 per person. But that included 2 entrees, 2 mains, 1 desert and a couple of drinks each. In the west the price would be double this so good value in my opinion. Would be happy to pay it again and I will soon, no doubt. A nice touch was when the bill came and it was accompanied by a shot of butterscotch Schnapps!

As a side note on the way out I noticed some of the slabs of beef on display in a chiller, I get the impression (although I did not ask to confirm this) you can buy the meat raw and take it home to cook. If you were having a dinner party and you were looking for awesome beef then this may be the place to buy it.

Also I believe there is now one in D7 for those unable to get in to town.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Danny S
Saigon
“Mindblowing steaks!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The last 2 years I have been traveling non-stop in Asia, this is by far the best steak I have ever had in this part of the world. The Black angus was beautifully seared and then baked off in the oven for a perfect medium tournedos. The beef had a texture that I usually only encounter in Brazil or Argentina, and so so so juicy and tender...
We ate in the bar since the restaurant upstairs was full, reminds more of an upscale NY or London place than anything I have seen before in Saigon.
Attentive, friendly and professional staff.
Pricy for Vietnam, but don't worry about it... Worth every penny and more!
Winelist prices a bit of a ripoff, but the food is magical.

2 Thank Pelle N
Upland, California, United States
“Rivals the best steakhouses anywhere”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Mortons, Flemings, Ruth's chris, Cut and spagos, even portlands ringside and Dallas' nick and Sam's can't beat the steak served here! I haven't been to Argentina yet so I can't verify the authenticity, but you can beat the quality and preparation of the beef here. Period.

I've been five times now, 4 times to district 7 and once to district 1's el gaucho. THE STEAK IS AMAZING! I was with a group and we shared the 500gr angus ribeye and the 350gr Waygu filet. Both were cooked PERFECTLY! And don't get me started on the appetizer combo - wow! Three different empanadas plus chorizo sausage...fantastic!

You don't have to drop a week's salary on the Waygu, all of their steaks are fantastic. I ate about half the kid's spaghetti as well, so TRY EVERYTHING!

A great wine list offers (somewhat) economical to expensive choices to complement the food. Patrick at the district 7 restaurant makes a great pineapple-basil drink to sip while perusing the menu--try it!

2 Thank Jim J
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Perfect 500 gram steak :)”
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Ordered 500 gram black angus, cooked perfectly. Had creamed spinach, gratin potato, mushroom sauce. All very good, service was exceptional. Equal to New York City service and quality. I am a repeat customer, well done. Again best steak in Saigon!