“Expensive, but definitely worth it!”
Review of XO Tours

XO Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: XO Tours is the first all-female motorbike tour company in Vietnam, offering the most unique, safest and highest ranked tours in Vietnam for over 7 years running. Our "Foodie" tour is the original Vietnam street food tour and was recently named one of the top 9 food tours in the world by Forbes. Whether you’re interested in food, culture, shopping, or sightseeing, book a tour with us to see why over 80,000 guests have chosen XO Tours to provide them with their best memories in Vietnam!
Reviewed December 8, 2014 via mobile

Foodie tour was great - we ate at 4 places in total, with 2 other stops of sightseeing in between. Amazing food! All of these places are local and authentic, outside of the touristy district 1. The guide and the girls (our drivers) are incredibly professional and nice, they made sure we are happy, well fed and well taken care of throughout. I was injured (very minor, my own fault) and every one in the team helped to make sure I was okay. Huge thanks to my driver (khuyen) :) who took great care of me. Definitely highlight of the trip.

1  Thank Sinjubju
Write a ReviewReviews (5,225)
All reviews
in 63 reviews
"fantastic night"
in 52 reviews

Reviewed December 8, 2014

I really liked this tour and would highly recommend it. I went on the street food tour which is partly a.city tour too. Many people have commented on the price but I think it is fair. You are met by a young girl and she becomes your one to one personal guide throughout the entire trip. There is also a tour leader who provides the necessary commentary at some of the stops accompanied by a number of support staff. Your female companion rides the motorcycle and you sit on the back. We stopped 5 times, 3 food stops and 2 photo stops. Overall there was plenty to eat and we all tried many things we had never eaten before. After the trip pictures taken during the tour are e mailed to you.These are received pretty quickly.The best stop by far is the seafood restaurant at the end. Everything is really well organised, including stopping to put on rain cloaks when the weather takes a turn for the worst. The staff are engaging and speak very good English. I had been on a city tour the previous afternoon so I found the first photo stop a bit tiresome. It was dark and we went to the Chinese market which was obviously closed. It was a very long ride away...perhaps as much as 25 minutes..... and I did not see the need or reason other than to introduce the market location. This was clearly the city tour part. I am sure others in our group probably felt differently. You are really well taken care of and it's a great chance to meet other travellers. There are light hearted moments along the way too. My only other observation is that the girls who accompany you don't eat anything the entire night. This seems really disconcerting and I think it would be better if they at least tried something along the way. We were a big group of 14/15 people.

1  Thank rob50Uk
xotours, Owner at XO Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2014

Dear Rob,

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the tour. I would like to answer a couple of points you brought up in your review however:

1. The stop in Chinatown is not a photo stop, even though we did take some photos there. Every stop on the tour has a purpose. Most people that come to Ho Chi Minh City only stay within the tourist districts of 1 and 3. We bring our guests to 5 other districts that most tourists do not get to see, in order to show them the huge contrasts between each district and also to provide a short historical and economic perspective of each area. We did not take you all the way to Chinatown just to go visit the market and take a few photos.

Most of our guests really love and appreciate the 2 non-food stops on the tour, and the 2 stops also offer you a chance to digest some of the food you had at the previous stop.

2. In regards to the drivers not eating anything on the tour....that is incorrect. If you don't recall, the drivers did not sit with you at the first stop. This is when they ate. Please also keep in mind that our employees go on tours 6 days a week, and they eat the dishes on the tour regularly. Most people would get sick of eating the same dishes day in and day out. We do not have a rule prohibiting the girls from eating with the guests however, and many of our past guests can vouch for the fact that sometimes the girls will eat with them.

Hope that adds some clarity!

Reviewed December 7, 2014

This tour was great fun. All the scooter drivers were friendly, chatty and even a bit flirty! The food that we had on the Foodie Tour was excellent and included a range of things that we hadn't tried before, including just one that I wish I hadn't tried at all, but I will go no further as it would be a spoiler. The tour included areas of the city that you wouldn't normally go to as a tourist, but there were only a couple of stops that weren't associated with eating and it would have been nice to have one or two more, but then it would probably be difficult to fit it in timewise. So, an excellent evening and I would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed December 6, 2014

First of all when I initially contacted XO tours, they were unable to accommodate us, but took the time to answer some basic questions I had about Ho Chi Minh such as what cab companies to use, and areas to stay, it was unrelated to their tour, but amazing that they gave us that advice!! Then when we had the night tour, it was fantastic. They were on time. Speak fantastic English, very engaging. You get even more out of the tour than the tour itself such as a meal, a little gift and they take pictures and send to you later. I was super duper impressed, and I HIGHLY recommend XO tours to anyone. They will show you a unique side of HCMC, and a very cool experience of wizzing through traffic on the back of a motorcycle.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 4, 2014

Our family of 4 really enjoyed the XO Foodie tour!! It was great fun to ride the motorbikes around the city - with very skilled and confident local drivers. Our drivers/ tour guides - all young ladies in beautiful traditional dresses - were exceptional: Nhung, Trang, Thuc and Thu - thank you so much for making this experience so memorable! Anh, the tour lead, guided the group from place to place providing interesting facts and background. Overall, the tour was very well organized, we felt safe and cared for throughout. This is not the cheapest food tour in Saigon but it is definitely worth the money! I highly recommend it.

A few practical notes: we booked the tour on the same day and were picked up very promptly. The girls made us feel welcome and build rapport right away, told us a lot about the city and its culture during the rides. There were 4 other travelers in the group so it still felt pretty personal. Riding the motorbikes was really fun - and since we were not driving it, we could enjoy watching the sites. Really liked the market place in China town - wish we had time to browse. The food was plentiful and diverse so you could always find what you like. The clam soup (at the very end of the trip) was AMAZING!

1  Thank Travelka7