XO Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: XO Tours is the first all-female motorbike tour company in Vietnam, offering the most unique, safest and highest ranked tours in Vietnam for over 6 years running. Our "Foodie" tour is the original Vietnam street food tour and was recently named one of the top 9 food tours in the world by Forbes. Whether you’re interested in food, culture, shopping, or sightseeing, book a tour with us to see why over 70,000 guests have chosen XO Tours to provide them with their best memories in Vietnam!
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I love experiencing the real culture of any country I visit. What better way to cover ground than on a motorbike?? To tell you the truth, I was nervous but couldn't ignore all the wonderful reviews on TA. What made this activity even more special for me was that I'm Vietnamese and it helped me feel more connected to a country my mother and father called home.

Booking process was simple, we opted for the Foodie Tour which took us thru the different districts in Saigon. Our friendly drivers met us at our hotel and explained the do's and don'ts of riding on the back of a motorbike. My knuckles were white from holding on so hard to the back of the bike but this only lasted 10 minutes. My driver, Phuong (my name too!) was so friendly and really interesting to talk with. She spoke both English and Vietnamese to me which I really enjoyed. First stop was bun bo hue on the roadside. Everything was already laid out and we were introduced to everyone else (I think about 10 other people) in the group. Loved it. Each food at every stop was explained as well as background history. All in all we visited 3 restaurants and a couple of notable sites. We always felt very safe as there were extra motorbikes following in case anything happened. Each time I used the bathroom, my guide would come with me. No biggie to some people but to me this was a nice touch to insure my safety/comfort. Another nice touch was they took pictures for us that were emailed a couple days later.

I can speak Vietnamese and was a little skeptical of this tour but very happy we chose to do it. I saw things that even my mom wasn't aware of. There wasn't one moment I felt unsafe or bored. Well worth the money and it's something we'll remember forever.

1  Thank Connie L
Write a ReviewReviews (4,511)

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Easily the best tour we went on in Vienam by a country mile. Self, wife and 2 teenage daughters did 2 motorbike tours with XO on the same day. The "Shopping Spree" in the morning and the "Foodie Tour" in the evening. Us 4 were introduced to our bike riders who were all young attractive Vietnamese women in traditional costume by the Tour Captain who came on his own bike to make sure everything went well. Their names were Mr Tai for the Shopping Spree and Mr Sam for the Foodie Tour. They were both excellent. In the shopping tour you just tell the Captain what you want to buy and the will take you to the places where prices and quality is best. Mr Tai and the girls gave advice on pricing and stopped us getting ripped off on more than one occasion. I feel very confident that there were no 'kick backs' to the XO People. They were very protective of us in the markets to ensure we did not get pick pocketed. We bought many bargains and easily saved the cost of the tour on our shopping purchases. We also got to see a good part of the city from the back of the bikes that we would otherwise not have seen. Initially, when the girls 'dive' into the frantic trafic it is a bit frightening but they were excellent riders and after hanging on with white knuckles at first we relaxed as our confidence grew in their abilities. XO also sent another guy on a bike just to carry our shopping bags which was a great help. Definetly worthwhile doing when you first arrive in HCMC to orient yourself to the area and slip into the Vietnamese way of life in this city.
Having completed the Shopping tour we arrived back at the hotel at about lunch time and prepared for the "Foodie" tour in the Evening. This time we were piocked up by 4 different girls (they were all lovely and spoke excellent english) and taken to our first stop where we met other members of the tour, had some delcous soup and moved off in convoy to the next stop. Being seasoned 'bike passengers' by then we really enjoyed seeing HCMC from the back of the bikes at night. A whole new perspective on the city. We made about 6 stops to have various foods which the girls cooked for us at the table in some instances. Where seafood was involved they cracked the crabs and peeled the prawns - it was like having your own butler helping you! They were a lot of fun and we had may laughs with them. The food was excellent ( except the snake wine spirit which I will pass on next time). They also had several "outriders" acting as security for our group who provided a protectve cordonaround us, unobtrusively, when we stopped at hawker type centres. Excellent organisation and control by Mr Sam to ensure the guests went home with a smile. We also payed the extra US$25 to have another driver and Cameraman video our Foodie Tour. Great to share with friends and professionally presented when Emailed to us a couple of weeks after our return to Australia. If you could do only one tour in Vietnam Regardless of your age, fitness or size my whole family would recomend you do the XO tours - I would go back to Vietnam tomorrow just to do the Foodie Tour over again!!

1  Thank Miliesfriend
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

A must for anyone visiting HCM, I cannot thank the guides enough for the experience they gave us, the booking process was easy, I have never been on a motorbike before but my fears were soon calmed when we took off into the busy street and my lovely guide chatted and pointed out places of interest. The food we tasted was amazing we certainly wouldn't have tried some of it if we didn't go on this trip. I would have done it all again if we had time !

Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was the highlight of our stay in Saigon. To ride on the back of a motorbike in the busy, chaotic traffic, visit 4 Districts and experience the different cultures, street food and socio economic areas was not only a spiritual experience it was REAL! Thank you Guys you really showed us what is in the core of Ho Chi Minh City.
My daughter and I did a private tour and were made to feel like royalty! We got to try food that we never imagined we would try in a million years and meet the most amazing people you only meet when you are a local!
Do yourself a favour and don't leave HCMC without this experience.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

"Insane" said my husband, "thrilling" said my daughter and I! What a great way to get the feel of this happening town and experience the city at night. The food stop was perfect for us as well. The young lady drivers were well educated and spoke flawless English. If I had more time I would have done the food tour too.