“Gastronomic french restaurant”

Ranked #17 of 3,459 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A French Chef Thierry Mounon and his wife Tina are welcoming you in that elegant colonial style Villa. In Saigon's District 2, enjoy traditional or not so traditional French cuisine straight from Provence. Have lunch or dinner in the serene courtyard or refined interior, both bolstered by experienced and personable waitstaff. La Villa French Restaurant is located on a quiet side street off Thao Dien, a short taxi ride from the city center. La Villa French Restaurant features authentic French cuisine with true love of top products.Lunch Menu available, Dinner, a la carte and set menus are available for your dining pleasure. For the connoisseur a broad selection of French wines is on offer.La Villa is closed Sundays. Local Insight: The Lobster Menu is a must! Lunch Menu available Bringing due diligence to dessert, each pastry is delicate, delicious and just a touch decadent.
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My friends and I have been to La Villa for lunch. It was such a good experience: perfect service, delicious food and a full list of wine fairly priced. I loved the sea scallops, they were perfectly cooked!
I will certainly come back there (and order the coquelet). :)

1  Thank Matthieu P
ThierrySaigon, Owner at La Villa French Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Matthieu,

Thank you very much to visit us with your friends lately, thank you as well for this lovely review posted here on TripAdvisor, we are delighted to know that you did enjoy your lunch and specially the Scallops. I did communicate your comments to all the team as it is always a great reward for us when we did satisfied our distinguished customers. Thanks again for your support and looking forward welcoming you back very soon at La Villa!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

It was our first time in Saigon and we were looking for a good French restaurant and decided to come here based on TA reviews. Food served was truly excellent, without doubt I do recommend La Villa restaurant for your Fine dinning in Saigon.

ThierrySaigon, Owner at La Villa French Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear Martin,

Thank you very much for your visit and for taking time to post such lovely review here on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to read that you had great experience while dining with us and we do hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Not a big fan of French food generally, especially given the great food available in SEA.

Went to La Villa last night, blew me away. Located in an colonial mansion and decorated to bring back the period. Menu was great and the food perfect.

Staff are almost too helpful and welcoming.

Honestly can remember the last time I had a meal that had it all: location; service; and food.

Get in a train, bus, taxi, cyclo, running shorts and let them give you a fantastic experience.

ThierrySaigon, Owner at La Villa French Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Indo One,

Thank you very much for the great review and of course for visiting us. We are truly delighted that you had that nice experience at La Villa and we did communicate your comments to all the crew! We all hope to welcome you back very soon!
"Carpe Diem!!"
Best regards, Thiery and La Villa's Crew

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I had been to La Villa for two times. The first time when I was moving here, I was impressed with the food and service. So this time my family visited me, I took them here. The restaurant is in district 2. I would recommend you to book before you go there. It's an old French house. The set up is quite formal. But you don’t need to dress up. No dress code at all :-) The menu can be Alacart or Set Menu. The first time I chose set menu. It was very nice but it's too much for me. So this time, we ordered only starter and main course. But we got a lot more than we ordered anyway:-) Started with good bread, followed with the complimentary from the house, and then something before starter, so even before starter I feel quite full already. We loved all the dishes. We ordered beef, duck and chicken. All were good. At the end we were too full, but we could not say no to the sweets, so we ordered one chocolate cake to share. The price here is consider expensive when compare with other restaurant in Ho Chi Minh City. But if you compare the same type of Food, quality and Set Up in other countries, this is a very reasonable price. But anyway, it's not the place that you go for a dinner every day. It's a special place for a special occasion.

Dear Mae J,

Thank you very much for visiting us and or taking time to post this great review here on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to read that you did have a great time while dining with us. We do hope to welocme you back very soon at La Villa!.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Our family saw that La Ville was rated the top restaurant in Ho Chi Minh and we decided to have a special dinner there. The restaurant was beautiful. Not crowded which we enjoyed the quiet. Our meal was excellent from the champaign , all the various courses to the home made orangecello. The meal was a lot of different courses and there is no way I could do justice in describing them except to say we all kept saying YUM after each and every time we ate a bite.

Dear girltvl,

Thank you very much for visiting us and for taking time to post such a lovely review here on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to know that you did enjoy your time while dining with us at La Villa! We do hope to welcome you back very soon.