“French food paradise!”

La Villa French Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 3,147 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Description: Michelin Starred Restaurant trained French Chef Thierry Mounon and his wife Tina are welcoming you in that elegant colonial style Villa. In Saigon's District 2, enjoy traditional or not so traditional French cuisine straight from Provence. Have lunch or dinner in the serene courtyard or refined interior, both bolstered by experienced and personable waitstaff. La Villa French Restaurant is located on a quiet side street off Thao Dien, a short taxi ride from the city center. La Villa French Restaurant features authentic French cuisine with true love of top products.Lunch Menu available, Dinner, a la carte and set menus are available for your dining pleasure. For the connoisseur a broad selection of French wines is on offer.La Villa is closed Sundays. Local Insight: The Lobster Menu is a must! Lunch Menu available Bringing due diligence to dessert, each pastry is delicate, delicious and just a touch decadent.
Manila, Philippines
“French food paradise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We work in the Philippines and were on a weekend in Ho Chi Minh so we had to go eat French food. We went there purely on the comments from Trip advisor and we did not regret it.

Cozy ambiance, friendly staff, friendly owners and succulent food.

When reviews mention that it is bit pricey for Vietnam, well it is if you are comparing to Vietnamese restaurant. But if you wan good food, you have to be ready to spend a bit.

We will definitely be back on our next trip!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Thebeachwanderer
ThierrySaigon, Owner at La Villa French Restaurant, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Frenchbeachbum,

Thank you very much for this lovely review, we are delighted to read that you did enjoy your time with us! As you mentioned it we only use best imported products in our restaurant but we do try our best to offer the best value to our guests for their money, Thanks again for visiting us and we do hope to welcome you back very soon at La Villa.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Gourmet food in a great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Visited this place looking for good gourmet food in Saigon. The chef really loves his job and served us some fanstastic dishes. Paired with well chosen wines this place is really worth of a visit, the atmosphere is great and the chef comes to greet you at your table after eating as every chef who loves his job and continiously try to improve. The garden is beautiful and peacefull if you feel fine eating in a bit warmer air.
Worth of the visit when you want some more gourmet food!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank K-Claudio
Dear K-Claudio,

Thank you very much for visiting us and for taking time to review us here on TripAdvisor. All the team is delighted to know that you did have a great time while dining with us. We do hope to welcome you back very soon at La Villa!.
“Nice & cozy place! <3”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I love the atmosphere here, very nice and cozy, suitable for a date or family dine-out.
We were severed with apéritif (complémentaire): canapés, breads and foie de poulet (chicken liver). The chicken liver was kinda too much and greasy, we couldn’t finish half of it. But the sugar-coated baby tomatoes were very cute and delicious, the mixture of sweetness and sour, as the starter, help “stimulate” your stomach for later dishes.

Le premier plat:
1. We enjoyed the Ravioles Fondantes de Crabe a lot. It was the best order of the night, very creamy, cheesy with foie gras sauce.
2. Terrine de Foie Gras de Canard du Gers “Mi-cuite” was okey, would give it 7/10.
3. Langoustine Poèlées (scampi) wouldn’t recommend as the scampi was frozen ones, hence, they were not really fresh. But for those (esp. Vietnamese like me) who has never tried scampi, shoot ahead, it was kinda fun looking at the “prawn” with crab’s legs. Would prefer prawn or lobster, would be a lot fresher!
For main courses, we had: Sea bass, Beef tenderloin, Veal tenderloin and the Sea scallops. I love scallops and it was second best order of the night, but again, the scallops are imported, hence, it’s not as fresh as it could be, but still, very enjoyable! My parents and my spouse finished all of their dishes, so I guess they enjoyed the food here, too.
I ordered Dark choco mousse cake but we were too full to finish up. Tina, one of the owners, gave us a Rum raisin ice cream as she missed order with the orange soba. :)

(Visited: 31.8.13)

• Visited August 2013
Dear NhatYen,

Thank you very much for visiting us and for taking time to post this detailed review here on TripAdvisor, we are all delighted to know that you did enjoy your time while dining at La Villa! We do hope to welcome you back soon! Thanks again for your patronage.
London, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant in Saigon. A little expensive for Vietnam but woth it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

This restaurant offers French cuisine (the owner is a French chef who married a Vietnamese lady).
I would suggest to try the Tasting menus. The foie gras is really good and the duck as well.
Of course it is a bit expensive for Vietnam, but it is worth it and for that price you would never eat the same quality in Europe.
We got a "Menu Petite Villa" and we spent less then 40 euros each: we had a delicious foie gras as entrée, roasted duck breast as main and a desert. We shared 3 beers in 2. I also got an extra entrè as I wanted to taste the "Aubergine & Mozzarella Millefeulle" (not outstanding). We were offered an amuse bouche before our entrèes and also some small pastries and tea after our desert.
I went there for my birthday with my girlfriend and we really spent a nice evening and would surely go again.

IMPORTANT: the location of La Villa is not so central and you will need to take a taxi to get there so make sure you have the full address of the restaurant (and its telephone number just in case!) as well as the address of your hotel to be sure you can get home again :-)

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Cosmopolitaly
Dear Cosmopolitaly,

Thank you very much for your patronage and for taking time to review us here on TripAdvisor! We are delighted to read that you had a great time with us at La Villa. I don't know if we are the best restaurant in Saigon but at least we try our really best every day to propose a nice and relaxing venue pairing with authentic french cuisine here in Saigon! Thank you again for your time and your patronage and looking forward welcoming you back soon at La Villa!.
“Best service ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I am a travel agent. I have not eaten at this restaurant yet but I read a lot possitve reviews about this restaurant so that I recommend my tourists eat here. The couple I recommend had a great dinner here however, when they got back the hotel after dinner they got cheat by taxi driver. The taxi driver tried to take them 1,380,000vnd instead of 138,000vnd from meter. He tried to stop at a road outside the hotel to trap the couple. When my tourists found out about that, he said 20usd (400,000vnd) but my tourists paid him 15usd (300,000vnd) then ran away.
My tourists told me about that as inform, not complain. But I think I should investigated. I called the restaurant owner, then she called my tourists and work with taxi firm to find out. She also offerred my tourists a free lunch. They were so happy about it. Then I went for free lunch and dinner the last day they were in Saigon.
They also told me that the food at this restaurant is great and service is wonderful.
I am highly appriceated at the way Ms. Trang owner fixed the problem. I will enjoy meal here soon and send more customers to LA VILLA

• Visited July 2013
Dear BaoVi,

Thank you very much for taking time to review us, we are very pleased to know that you did appreciate the service for your distinguished customers, we do hope to help you and collaborate further with you in future. Thanks again and looking forward welcoming you at La Villa!.