Tripadvisor

from $14.00
from $48.00
from $15.00
25,209 results
All reviews shooting range booby traps vietnam war cu chi per bullet tunnel system machine gun tapioca tour guide half day tour american soldiers first hand interesting place an eye opener both sides les rives saigon river
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was a very long but interesting place to visit. It gives you a picture of how the viet cong lived and what and how they did things. The experience of shooting a gun was not to my liking and having to wait while others did was I felt a waste of my time considering the travel time back. Overall it was a good adventure to experience

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went on this trip today (20/01/20) with Kim Travel. Our guide Nim was very knowledgeable and, as we have found with almost all Vietnamese people, very welcoming and friendly.

I had read a book about the tunnels beforehand however, visiting made me appreciate just how determined and resourceful the Vietnamese people were in building and fighting from such a tunnel system. Their courage and resilience in doing so is inspiring.

The tour provides detailed information and allows you to see a well preserved section of the tunnels. Do go underground if you are able to, even if only for a short distance. If not there is still plenty to see above. The visit to the factory which employs those affected by the war is also thought provoking and there is no hard selling.

I would highly recommend this tour with Kim Travel.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have read quite a lot about the tunnels but I have to say there is nothing better than an actual visit. I went in to the tunnels to the first level (20m). I wish now I had gone deeper but I have to say it is so humid when you go into the tunnels. How those soldiers lived there for 2-7 days is unbelievable and all they had to eat was tapioca! I would recommend this experience to all. If you want to shoot a machine gun you can but the bullets are extra to your tour price with a minimum spend (min 500,000 VD - approx £16.50)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is pretty much a must do when visiting Ho Chi Minh. The tunnels are not actually real but they give you a really good idea of how it was (although a lot easier I suspect). To be fair, in terms of guerilla warfare there really is no beating the Vietcong. The results speak for themselves...

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

fascinating insight to the Vietnam war from the Viet Cong point of view. Obviously set up for tourists, so the real tunnels are inaccessible to us, but we are able to get a glimpse of how life was lived during this turbulent time. Did not feel overly crowded, even though the tourist buses kept coming