“Sen** Spa**Expensive**But**Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sen Spa

Sen Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: SEN SPA, located just minutes from the cool breath of Saigon River and a walking distance from the busy Dong Khoi Street. Sen Spa is a 9-floor building with different areas for spa, massage, beauty care, VIP room and a coffee lounge for Ladies and Gentlemen. From here, you can enjoy a panoramic view of Saigon and calm your sences in our relaxing sanctuary, which could be known as a resort in the city's heart. Since 16/08/2015, Sen Spa Nguyen Trung Ngan officially moved to new location at Sen Spa Dong Du: 26-28 Dong Du, Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh City. Thank you for your interest in!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Sen** Spa**Expensive**But**Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I recently went to Sen Spa and ordered a Foot and Hand massage for 90 minutes, steam room, jacuzzi, for 30 minutes paid 900,000 VND about $50 USD. The jacuzzi was under temperature for safety even though they place rose petals in the water it didn't calm my fears and concerns about bacteria. The hand and foot massage was 550,000 VND/$27 USD and the use of the Jacuzziu and steam was 220,000 VND/$11.00 USD plus tax.

The market rate for a 90 minute foot massage which almost always include the hands cost 230,000 VND/$11.50 USD and the use of the steam, suana, and jacuzzi is included in the cost. Sen Spa is over priced and doesn't offer anything out of the ordinary that other massage businesses in the central city offer. I don't really know how they justify these exorbitant prices. For example, The spa at Liberty 2 Hotel on Ham Nghi near Ben Thanh Market features a VIP massage for 400,000 VND/$20.00 USD with a private room with sauna, bath tub and masseuse. There are other places next door to Liberty 2 charge 230-300,000 VND/$10-15 USD.

My masseuse was inexperience, lazy, and uninterested in her job so I immediately ask for a replacement. The receptionist didn't even offer in resistance to my suggestion or ask me what was the problem. So, I assume this person had previous complaints. The second masseuse wasn't any better and she had an unsavory attitude and wouldn't participate in polite conversation. I suffered through my 800,000 VND experience and decided to review this business and to my surprise I found some excellent reviews. I really cannot understand why anyone would recommend this place. It's wasted money to pay those rates in Ho Chi Minh City for a massage.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Glenn C
SenSpaVietnam, Manager at Sen Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Firstly, we’re sorry about such inconvenient things you had at Sen Spa. Honestly we take pride in our spa and can say for sure our therapists are extremely experienced.

If what you are saying here is true, we promise to train 2 therapists again or they cannot work for our spa anymore. Before visiting our place, you have read about some good reviews from this community so that can explain our spa is ‘GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY’

And you know if you had given us feedback on a treatment you were not totally satisfied with we could have compensated you in some ways – we all have occasional bad days however…We feel sorry about that!

ChilliGarlic
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“All About the Fit Out”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

The fit out is wonderful, ambient lights, smells, and sounds. And on the 10th floor, far from the sounds of the street. Masseur was average, going through the motions with no real focus on my body, or response to different muscles. Communication was almost impossible, so I enjoyed it for what it was. Unfortunately, I can get a better massage in equally pleasant surroundings for the same price at home. (Or perhaps, lucky for me!)
For those who are more timid of massages in exotic climes, this place would satisfy - you'd feel safe and trusting. I suppose that's what you pay for.

Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I can't believe anyone could have a bad massage at Sen Spa. The place is very clean and nicely decorated. The staff are attentive and professional. The whole experience is very well planned and executed.

It definitely is pricier that other options in the area, but still worth it!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank H_Train17
Ray_kool193, Manager at Sen Spa, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your good comments about your experience at Sen Spa. Hope we have a chance to serve you and your friends again in your next trips to HCM City. Best Regards, SEN SPA.
Manila, Philippines
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Unexpected service .. in a good way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

I love spa and everytime i travel i try to squeze a trip to the spa.
This was recommended by the hotel staff at sheraton,was quite skeptical but we trusted them so we went there. and i had my whole family with me 2 senior, 1 kid and rest adults so you can just imagine their level of sophistication is very different.

we were in chorus (which is unusual)that we all had great experience from end to end.. the way they accomodated our every request, the spa service itself, the clean nice spa ammenities, the people ...

our big surprise was :
1. We were giving them modest tips /gratuities and they said " no need " and we stressed kindly we really would love to appreicate their service and thus we want to give them little something.. They said " no please its okay, if you really like to appreciate us just come back for another experience" ...WOW !
2. We were asked if we want to hail a cab and they did it for us and got us a cab and when we reached our hotel ... we were surprised the driver said they paid for it already.. meaning the spa. (whether this part of the package i still find it really nice , HCM cab rides are cheap but its the thought /care they put to this whole customer experience) .. Another WOW

So dont overthink it .. just go and experience for yourself... Enjoy

Visited May 2012
London, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“3 HOURS AND I COULD HAVE STAYED LONGER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

An oasis of bliss. I had the most wonderful lady do my treatments. The place is spotless and the treatments a high standard. Excellent prices. My husband also joined me and enjoyed it too. I could have easily gone back there as it was so wonderful

Visited February 2012