“May not be a good idea for tourists”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Sen Spa

Sen Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: SEN SPA, located just minutes from the cool breath of Saigon River and a walking distance from the busy Dong Khoi Street. Sen Spa is a 9-floor building with different areas for spa, massage, beauty care, VIP room and a coffee lounge for Ladies and Gentlemen. From here, you can enjoy a panoramic view of Saigon and calm your sences in our relaxing sanctuary, which could be known as a resort in the city's heart. Since 16/08/2015, Sen Spa Nguyen Trung Ngan officially moved to new location at Sen Spa Dong Du: 26-28 Dong Du, Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh City. Thank you for your interest in!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage
singapore
151 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 142 helpful votes
“May not be a good idea for tourists”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

I was there this past week, and my experience was infuriating.

Well firstly, our group was probably the last one for the day. The guy manning the reception "conveniently" told us that two of us in the group could not get a couple room, because the place was "full".

It didn't even look half-full - it would have been more honest if they just said they could not accede to the couple-room request because it was their policy, or they would want to charge more.

Secondly, my wife complained that her therapist pretty much rushed through the treatment, and had to be told to turn on the air-conditioning as it was off (and thus the place was stuffy).

My other friend who was with us, complained to his therapist that the massage was taking place in front of an open window to the world outside - no privacy.

Thirdly - and this takes the cake - the receptionist took down the WRONG ORDER, i.e. wrong massage, for the wrong amount of time - and half way through the treatment, I realised that it wasn't quite right and asked... and a long conversation ensured between my therapist and the reception, after which they extended my treatment with the right order by 15mins. By then, the experience was clearly ruined.

My wife, who was in another room - suspected the same but allowed her therapist to finish ... and then confirmed with me it was the wrong order. She also added that even if the order was the wrong one - the technique was lousy for the wrong technique.

When I confronted the receptionist, he never admitted it, but did not deny he had made the mistake. However, when recomputing what the correct bill should be- insisted that the price suddenly (and conveniently) - "the same".

This is a pity. The spa surroundings itself are quite nice... but honestly, maybe locals without a language problem can patronise the place, but if you don't speak Vietnamese.. it may really be a bad idea.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank keltzar

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Split call on this one - could be excellent or average!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

I found Sen Spa to be average, but my husband adored his treatment.

Therapists were very proactive and had good English. There was a large treatment menu and prices were reasonable. The Spa itself is rather soulless but the quality of product used is high.

I suppose I'd go here again if I wanted a good professional massage. If it had a more attractive location and ambiance, it could be top class. As it is it's good value for money.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank davina a
Fort Lauderdale
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great Spa Near Sofitel Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2011

Great Spa near Sofitel Hotel in District 1, Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City). It was about a 5-minute walk from the Hotel on the 10th floor of the building. Had a great massage. Before massage, used the jacuzzi (large), steam, and sauna area for men. Also separate area for women available. The massage was wonderful from male masseur. Best in the City.

Visited January 2011