“Pricey for a "Not-So-Great" food.”
Review of VN HALAL

VN HALAL
Ranked #2,818 of 3,854 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Malaysian
Description: Opening Hours: 7 am to 11 pm Phone: 84-838220311 Fax: 84-8 38220311 Website: No website available Email: No email available 2 minutes walk to Ben Thanh. Halal authenticity: Owners are known Muslims. Food relatively cheaper here than at the Halal Restaurants near the Saigon Mosque. Very friendly staff - charged only 7,000 dong for plain rice to take away(to be consumed in the hotel room with the canned halal dishes). Accepts Malaysian currency, serves also Malaysian dishes, and workers can also speak Malay
Reviewed February 1, 2013

It is the first restaurant we visited in vietnam since after our arrival in the afternoon. Food was not up to out expectation, with the price that they state in their menu. Such as their Seafood Tom Yum w/ rice, the bowl was small and there was only 2 prawns in it with few vegetables and yet it cost me about SGD 7 for that kind of food. I would not recommend this restaurant for a budget traveler, but it depends on every individual. Though the food tasted terrible, we still finish it up to get the our energy to move on with our activities.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

One of my frequent dining places. Food was good, no complaint, but a bit pricey, however that was expected for halal food everywhere in non muslim country. Will return!

Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Food is average. Waiting time very long.most of items on menu not available.

Well located. Halal food.atmosphere poor.
Overall just average

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We were walking around and came across this restaurant and were pretty hungry so went in for lunch. There were flies on the table. The others all ordered meals, but I wasn't particularly hungry so only ordered french fries and fruit. The food took about 45 minutes to start coming out. A couple of minutes after all the other meals were out, I asked where my fries were and they came back and said they were out of them. They asked if I wanted to order something else, but I didn't want to wait any longer so ended up going to the Burger King 2 doors down to get some fries. So 45 minutes of waiting and I got fruit. Having said that I know that the others did like their meals, but the wait and the disorganised service ruined the meal.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

For muslims, finding reasonably priced halal food can take a lot of effort. Being a tired traveler who just arrived from the airport, I went to VN Halal to grab something to eat. The results are very dissappointing. The taste is pretty bad and it was expensive as hell. I learned my lesson well. It was already dark, it was my first trip to Ho Chi Minh and I had no choice. Luckilly during the flight from Kuala Lumpur, I talked to Danny from Kuching, Sarawak who has been to Ho Chi Minh 3 times for business visits. He told me to go to Parkson (a shopping mall) and go to the top floor for cheap halal food. So for the rest of my meals in Ho Chi Minh after my bad experience at VN Halal, I go to Flavour of India (Nha Hang An Do), a stall selling halal Indian food. Affordable price, great taste and I felt very happy.