“The most amazing place I visited in South-East Asia”

Mekong Lodge Vietnam Day Tour
Ranked #113 of 378 Tours in Ho Chi Minh City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Mekong Lodge is an eco-resort where cultural interest and natural architecture blended together. The lodge is carefully designed into natural harmony where the fresh air, green scenery, alluvial river, fruit orchard, floating market, sightseeing tours and local natives lives matching around. Visit Mekong Lodge to hide yourself from busy city life and to indulge in the magnificent nature of Southern Vietnam. Activities in this trip: Cycling, Cooking, Carving fruits, Visit handicraft villages, Floating market…
Munico, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The most amazing place I visited in South-East Asia”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Mekong Lodge is such an amazing place. I enjoyed my stay absolutely!
The restaurant of the hotel was very good. The bungalows are amazing! Most of them have a private pool! Fantastic! The tours and tour guide were excellent. Is was so interesting to see how the locals live! We did a bicycle tour, saw Vietnamese dance, enjoyed the local fresh fruits, did a paddle boat tour, visited a candy factory,.....
I recommend this place without any reservation!

Visited January 2014
4 Thank ElliWoods

Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Mekong Lodge was fantastic!!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We just came back home to Australia after spending a month travelling in Vietnam...but the best part was our 4 day package through the lodge. We stayed 3 days at the lodge and 1 night on a boat in a family cabin. Honestly, we learned a lot of thing about how to make candy, rice paper, wine, did bike riding with our great guide, saw the land markets and water markets. But the best part was the food they prepared...they really did a terrific job!!

Love Adam, Susan and Keeley!!

5 Thank Sinclair2014
Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Mekong in style!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We had a very nice stay in Mekong Logde. They picked us up in Saigon, and we went to Cu Chi Tunnels first before arriving to Mekong Lodge, as this was our special wish and we only had that morning free. As we are 2 adults and 2 kids (9 and 12) we stayed in 2 rooms with small pools, which were heated for our arrival (all other pools around Vietnam and Cambodia were cold in comparisson!). The rooms were lovely, the food amazing, we especially liked elephant fish! Khoa was our guide for the two days we were there, and he made sure all our wishes were satisfied! The biking tours were great, we learned a lot about people living in Mekong and the nature, which is so beautiful. Many thanks for everything, hope we will have a chance to come again!

2 Thank Jel_houston
Helsinki, Finland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Luxury and local life”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We had the perfect stay at Mekong Lodge with my boyfriend, the best days spent in Vietnam. The lodge and gardens were beautiful, absolutely loved the outside bathroom with a wooden bath! All food was inclusive and it was fantastic, good breakfast and a 5 course meal for both lunch and dinner. We got the appetite during daily cycling tours to the local villages. We got to see how people live and work on the islands. Our guide Kwo spoke perfect english and was very intelligent and friendly all the way. Many thanks to him! An absolute must is to spend at least two nights there, would have love to have stayed for one more day.. just lovely.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank TeeaTommi
Hong Kong
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 212 helpful votes
“Nice breakaway”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Let me begin by the less satisfactory part first - perhaps we booked too early in advance (6 months) - I somehow felt that my reservation went astray after paying the 50% deposit. I had to write around a month's ahead to ensure everything remained fine, which they kindly replied promptly, but they did not tell me the pickup time was advanced by 30 minutes (to 8am) until 10pm the night before the trip commenced and only through email (instead of calling the hotel in HCMC). Understandably I had missed that email and had to make the other couple who shared the shuttle with us wait for 15 minutes. On arrival at the Lodge, no one came to tell us about anything so we made our own way to the Office to ask. And to my disappointment, they forgot about our repeated requests in advance for boat trip in lieu of the bicycle ride and had to make shift swiftly. Although this was done eventually, I felt the hussle could have been well avoided.

Anyway, apart from the above, everything was lovely and enjoyable - the place itself, the room, food and the activities organized. At this rate this is a very very good deal to get away from the city.

1 Thank JJB