“fantastic tour”

Ranked #74 of 389 Tours in Ho Chi Minh City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Saigon Unseen is a new business on the scene with a view of taking people to places they aren't likely to see on a standard tour. Our concept is to show travelers a different side to Saigon, it's not always pretty but it is pretty amazing.Our aim is to provide a unique view that combines traveling on the back of a motorbike through the mayhem and chaos that are Saigon streets.At Saigon Unseen we now offer Motor Bike Tours, Walking Tours and Photography Tours, full details can be found on our website.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Leicester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fantastic tour”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I found the tour very insightful, you get to travel away from the tourist spots and have a feel for the true Saigon and how the locals live, visiting the crazy markets, temples, driving around lots of different neirbourhoods and districts, having lunch and drinks with the locals....Ut, my driver, was lovely very keen in explaining everything to me. Even though I've never been on a motorbike before, it felt completely safe (and it's great to be part of the noisy, busy traffic).I'd definitely recommend this tour and Ut to everybody (fantastic for female solo travellers as well).

Visited April 2013
1 Thank t d
SaigonUnseen, Owner at Saigon Unseen, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
TD - thanks for taking the time to write a review!

Ut is a great guy and we're lucky to have him! Thanks again for booking with us and we hope to see you again soon in Vietnam!!

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thank you Ut!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have never written a review for anything ,but i feel compelled to do it this time. If you are ever in Ho chi Minh, you MUST take this trip! Ut ,the tour guide has been a blessing in my time in Vietnam. He took me everywhere and showed me every nook and cranny in the city. If you are reading this Ut , thank you for a wonderful time man, my trip could not have been this perfect without your help.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank a7im
SaigonUnseen, Owner at Saigon Unseen, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
a7im, thanks for taking the time to write a review!

Great to hear you had a great time. We will be sure to let Ut know what you have written.

Thanks again and hope to see you back in Vietnam sometime soon!

Cheers

Canberra, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“See Another Side of Saigon”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This tour came highly recommended and we were not disappointed. I am a woman in my 50's and had never been on the back of a motorbike so I was a little apprehensive. All my fears melted away as we started our half day tour...which is actually 5 hours! I loved the freedom of being on the bike and almost felt like one of the locals. I loved the sights,sounds and the smells of Saigon and being in amongst the traffic. I was with a driver who spoke little English which was perfect for me because I loved just taking in all the sights.I must admit that after 5 hours myself and my backside was pleased to see the hotel!!

Visited March 2013
3 Thank OzTraveller47
SaigonUnseen, Owner at Saigon Unseen, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Hi OzTraveller47! Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Seeing the other side is exactly what want to show travelers

Hope to see you back in Vietnam some time soon!

Regards,

Manhattan Beach, California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“An exciting and perfect way to see Ho Chi Minh City”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I visited Ho Chi Minh City in late January and on our fist day we took the Saigon Unseen scooter tour. It was the best way to get your bearings in a city you have never visited before. You also saw parts of the city that most tourist probably would never see. Although traveling on the back of a scooter in Ho Chi Minh traffic is a thrill in itself, it was very safe and our drivers were excellent. We stopped for coffee and a Pho break (lunch), again at spots we would not have necessarily chosen on our own. The food and coffee were excellent and it was all included in our tour package. We are not normally people that take tours because we have lived in Asia three times for business and we are adventurers that seek out the local and unusual aspects of any city or town we travel to, however I would recommend this activity to anyone that visits HCMC. Adam and his team are very enjoyable, knowledgeable and it is a great way to get introduced to the city. You will feel like you instantly know the hidden gems of the city like you were a local or long time expat in HCMC. Don't miss out on this opportunity during your visit to Vietnam!
Andy & Carolyn - New York

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Andy F
SaigonUnseen, Owner at Saigon Unseen, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Andy and Carolyn, thanks for taking the time to write a review. Great to hear you had a great time tripping around Saigon!

Hopefully we'll see you back soon!

Cheers,

Adam - Saigon Unseen
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best way to get started!!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My family took the saigon unseen walk and talk tour. Saigon /Ho Chi Minh is a fascinating place with so much going on. It's busy hectic but colourful and exciting all at once. As a first time visitor and with just a few days there you really want to make your time worth while. We were taken for quite a long walk to places we probably wouldn't have found ourselves. Down fascinating little alley ways and into some more obscure markets you might not otherwise find . One great thing is it actually gives you the confidence to cross the road through all the crazy traffic. They cater for what you want out of it, what you'd like to see, Adam M our guide is very laid back and easygoing and full of information though not dictated to you like some other tours. It really is the best thing to do at the very beginning of your time in Ho Chi Minh. Then your on your way. We look back on this tour as one of the best things we did in Vietnam and we will be recommending it to friends and family. Thanks Adam M ...we did try that 'famous' Pho restaurant on the corner. Your right.. it was great!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank 1MarkB
SaigonUnseen, Owner at Saigon Unseen, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thanks 1MarkB for writing a review!

Saigon is mad, crazy and big, but walking is one of the best ways to explore the markets, lanes and tiny alleys that make up this cool city!

Thanks again and all the best!

Adam - Saigon Unseen