“An exciting and perfect way to see Ho Chi Minh City”
Review of Saigon Unseen

Saigon Unseen
Ranked #74 of 379 Tours in Ho Chi Minh City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Saigon Unseen is a new business on the scene with a view of taking people to places they aren't likely to see on a standard tour. Our concept is to show travelers a different side to Saigon, it's not always pretty but it is pretty amazing.Our aim is to provide a unique view that combines traveling on the back of a motorbike through the mayhem and chaos that are Saigon streets.At Saigon Unseen we now offer Motor Bike Tours, Walking Tours and Photography Tours, full details can be found on our website.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Manhattan Beach, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“An exciting and perfect way to see Ho Chi Minh City”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I visited Ho Chi Minh City in late January and on our fist day we took the Saigon Unseen scooter tour. It was the best way to get your bearings in a city you have never visited before. You also saw parts of the city that most tourist probably would never see. Although traveling on the back of a scooter in Ho Chi Minh traffic is a thrill in itself, it was very safe and our drivers were excellent. We stopped for coffee and a Pho break (lunch), again at spots we would not have necessarily chosen on our own. The food and coffee were excellent and it was all included in our tour package. We are not normally people that take tours because we have lived in Asia three times for business and we are adventurers that seek out the local and unusual aspects of any city or town we travel to, however I would recommend this activity to anyone that visits HCMC. Adam and his team are very enjoyable, knowledgeable and it is a great way to get introduced to the city. You will feel like you instantly know the hidden gems of the city like you were a local or long time expat in HCMC. Don't miss out on this opportunity during your visit to Vietnam!
Andy & Carolyn - New York

3 Thank Andy F
SaigonUnseen, Owner at Saigon Unseen, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Andy and Carolyn, thanks for taking the time to write a review. Great to hear you had a great time tripping around Saigon!

Hopefully we'll see you back soon!

Cheers,

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best way to get started!!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My family took the saigon unseen walk and talk tour. Saigon /Ho Chi Minh is a fascinating place with so much going on. It's busy hectic but colourful and exciting all at once. As a first time visitor and with just a few days there you really want to make your time worth while. We were taken for quite a long walk to places we probably wouldn't have found ourselves. Down fascinating little alley ways and into some more obscure markets you might not otherwise find . One great thing is it actually gives you the confidence to cross the road through all the crazy traffic. They cater for what you want out of it, what you'd like to see, Adam M our guide is very laid back and easygoing and full of information though not dictated to you like some other tours. It really is the best thing to do at the very beginning of your time in Ho Chi Minh. Then your on your way. We look back on this tour as one of the best things we did in Vietnam and we will be recommending it to friends and family. Thanks Adam M ...we did try that 'famous' Pho restaurant on the corner. Your right.. it was great!

2 Thank 1MarkB
SaigonUnseen, Owner at Saigon Unseen, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thanks 1MarkB for writing a review!

Saigon is mad, crazy and big, but walking is one of the best ways to explore the markets, lanes and tiny alleys that make up this cool city!

Thanks again and all the best!

Cape Town Central, South Africa
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great walking tour”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We booked this tour on the strength of recommendations here. And we were not disappointed.

We chose to do a walking tour as my boyfriend had had a motorbike accident in South America a few years ago and swore never to get on another motorbike. Adam was very obliging as the walking tours are still a new thing.

His email communication in setting up the tour was great and he arrived on time to fetch us at the hostel. Although it was a hot day, we had a great time wandering around with him, down the little alleys in residential areas, into the markets and some local temples. He was very easy-going and we chatted away about everything under the sun. He also gave us some good recommendations for other attractions and restaurants we could try out after the tour.

Very relaxed and informative and a way to explore the city and feel safe and at ease (not being lost or overwhelmed by the traffic etc). I highly recommend it.

4 Thank Candice K
Thanks Candice for writing a review! It was great to meet you both and hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Vietnam!

Cheers

Melbourne
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Do It, Do It, Do It, and if in doubt JUST DO IT!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

In January my husband (50's), Me (getting there), son and his wife (mid 20's) and our daughter (21 the day before) all waited very quietly in the lobby waiting for pick up. Our riders arrived and after a safety talk from our leader Sau, the riders chose who went on which bike. I must confess I probably crushed my rider for the first 10 minutes, holding on tight and staring at the back of his helmet thinking i would tip us over or cause some other major accident. I am a little OH&S nutty and will do Risk Assesments for just about anything so I was nervous. But 10 minutes in, I knew we were in GREAT hands. The riding was smooth and calm and although it seems Chaotic they all know what is happening and what to do. I became so relaxed i forgot to hold on while i took so many photos my camera died even with a fully charged battery. My son thought it was hilarious to see his mum hanging off the back of a bike with "no hands"To ride in amongst it all gave me a better understanding of the flow, to see the sights from the bike is completely different from in a bus or car. We rode through areas where houses were being demolished to make way for highrises, THROUGH markets (!) Fresh Vermicilli was being sold next to the lady that chopped up meat, next to the lady that sold shoes, so FABULOUS! We stopped at the top of the big bridge, I thought there must be something wrong, but it was so we could get off, stretch our legs, and have a look at the view. We went through the posh areas, and the not so posh, over canals, down laneways, stopped for morning tea at a little shop that was obviously for the locals. Great coffee, cool breeze, and watched the school kids riding home on their bikes. Sau was so organised, and was able to answer all our questions. Fantastic Fantastic Brilliant trip. Just Do It. I have been living off the memories for months, they always bring a smile. So many things to see! SO different. I just loved it, pity it was on our last day or I would have gone again and again. When we had booked with Adam I had mentioned it was our daughters birthday the day before. When we stopped for lunch the most beautiful cake was presented to her! So Kind, and what a lovely way to end such a fabulous time! :-)

3 Thank Jode01
Thanks Jode01 for taking the time to write a review!

Great to hear you had a ball out there on the bikes!

Hopefully we'll see you back in Saigon soon!

Cheers

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“See it all”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were very disappointed with many of the tours available in HCMC, but Siagon Unseen proved our best decision! The tour is by motorbike- so you must be prepared for that, but both our guides provided much information about the city and its way of life. We saw many of the districts, temples, both rich and poor areas, markets, and more. It was by far the best tour we did in the city! Our guides spoke great english, were trustworthy, and very knowledgeable. If you want to see HCMC this is definitely the way to do it!

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Alicia A
SaigonUnseen, Owner at Saigon Unseen, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thanks Alicia for taking the time to write a review and we're very happy to hear you had a great time!

Our idea is really to make an experience where travelers can experience ALL of the city - the good, the bad, the pretty and the ugly! So far I think we have a great tour!!

Thanks again and hope to see you back in Vietnam sometime soon!

Cheers,