“IMO Best bowl of noodle soup in Vietnam! ”

The Lunch Lady (Nguyen Thi Thanh)
Ranked #1,273 of 5,429 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: It's the best hawker/food stall in ho chi minh city!
Reviewed June 5, 2016 via mobile

Just letting all of you know the lunch lady is open on Sunday. In the hours on trip advisor it says closed but they are open. I've been here multiple times and food is consistently good. Wish there was a place like this at home. Different everyday and you just sit and eat what they put in front of you. Simple and satisfying. When eating at places like this I would recommend bringing your own disposable chopsticks. \m/

Date of visit: June 2016
Write a reviewReviews (447)

Reviewed May 31, 2016

One of the best meals I had in Vietnam, Pho Bo was on point, springrolls were great. Worth it 100% of the way.

Reviewed May 21, 2016 via mobile

We had lunch before our departure from HCMC. I was searching and also saw that our hotel has recommended the same place to have local food. To our surprise it was only 7 min walk from our hotel. There were actually several such local stalls along that area. My hubby spotted the sign. Immediately the last boss wearing the Vietnam hat waved at us. One staff started to show us our seats and immediately we were served with a plate of fried prawn fritters and spring roll. Our bowl of pork noodles soup were served very fast! The portion was big and generous with the porkerballs and meat. The downside is we had to battle with one or two flies as we eat our meals. Overall it was really good experience to eat at the back alley with the locals. Well if you don't mind having pig's blood on the soup you may request from her too. Our total meal spent was $10 together.

Reviewed May 20, 2016 via mobile

The food was good, but it's a bit of a tourist trap and one of the women was quite rude. The locals get the one bowl of soup. The tourists get about 5 plates of food, without even being asked, and then of course you have to pay for it all. The other food was good, but they gave me enough for 3 people when I was dining alone, knowing I would never be able to eat it. The food I couldn't eat, they added back to the pile to give to the next tourist. When you go, insist on the soup only!

3  Thank Hessian86
Reviewed May 2, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I have wanted to go here for a long time. It's located in a quiet, shady neighborhood near the river. When we arrived around 1pm, there weren't any tables open. Lucky for us, someone offered to share. The lunch lady herself wasn't very friendly. If it hadn't have been for the nice people (who spoke Vietnamese) we shared the table with, I'm not sure we would have eaten for a while. However the noodles and broth were great, and served with quail eggs, shrimp, pork, and what I fondly call fish hotdog. We had the green drink: not sure what it is, but it's green, served on the rocks, a little sweet, and tastes vegetably. So glad we went! I'd go again!

1  Thank sheilanah