“Great day in the Mekong Delta”

Vietnam Cycle Day Tours - Le Vietnam Travel Private Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$135.00*
and up
Saigon-Dalat-Muine Cycle Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE REAL VIETNAM ? 'SMELL' THE TRULY OF VIETNAM? LET US GUIDE YOU ON A TOUR, LeVietnam Travel promises to provide you the best itineraries in MEKONG DELTA, across VIETNAM, or explore the mystery Indochina. You can choose any part of 'the Dragon' country Vietnam, or Indochina ... One thing for sure is that you will take with you a lifetime memory!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Felt we got to see the real Vietnam, encouraged to try lots of new foods. Wonderful lunch in the garden of a farm.Just a great day out!

1  Thank Helen_in_Perth
"local home"
"excellent guide"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed June 24, 2012

We rode a one-day Mekong Delta trip from Ho Chi Min City. Our guide was Tan. He was a great guide, very professional yet very personal. He grew up in the Mekong, so he speaks the local dialect. It was fun to see the way he interacted and joked with local people along the way. The view of behind the scenes life is something you could never see in a car -- the roads are built very narrow, only for motorbikes and bicycles. We saw many many beautiful and interesting sights. If it turns out that my husbands meetings end early we plan to spend the extra day doing another tour with this company. I can't think of a better way to spend a day. Incredible!

1  Thank BaoBeiBarbie
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Ho Chi Minh City is a crazy place and to get out of the city for a day and into the wonderful countryside was fantastic. My wife and I did some wonderful things while we were visiting Vietnam but this was one of the highlights, we had a fantastic time.

Looking back I can't believe all the things we did over the course of the day. The time flew and we had so much fun.

Some of the highlights:

- Our guide was a superstar. His English was flawless and his knowledge was vast.
- The people we met along the way were so friendly you wouldn't believe. The kids were all so cute waving, shouting hello etc etc
- The scenery along the route was beautiful and so varied.
- The lunch was amazing. There was so much of it I felt terrible because I couldn't finish it all. Chicken curry, elephant fish, king prawns etc The cheeky little shot of home brew was nice as well
- The organisation of everything was perfect. From collection, to lunch, from boat ride to drop off was all perfect. Really couldn't fault it
- The fresh sugar cane juice mid ride was tasty and very welcome
- Snake wine isn't something I drink every day

I could go on and on but won't.

Book it you really won't be sorry.

2  Thank Chatmandu
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We were hesitant at first to fork out the money for a one day trip on the Mekong Delta but it was one of the best things we did in our 30 day trip around SE Asia. Our guide was very knowledgable and answered 100's of questions we fired his way. The bikes were excellent quality, and made the riding seem easy. It was also the perfect balance between riding and stopping off at local houses and stalls to sample a selection of the local fruits, juices and fish. We found the organisation of the office staff, driver and guide very professional. My partner and I would 100% reccommend this company and the 1 day tour to everyone.

2  Thank Kirsten B
See more reviews
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I booked this day trip very late (one day before via the internet) to fill in a Monday prior to leaving HCM. Le Vietnam replied really quickly and as I was a party of 'one' were able to offer this tour with a discounted price.

Tung was my tour guide and arrived promptly at 0800 in the van, with the mountain bikes/helmet and our driver. After a brief drive through the city to get onto the correct road out of HCM we then started the bike ride crossing on the ferry, rather than take the van over. It was a warm sunny day and I was able to take in the scenery, enjoy the weather and take photos (sun cream was needed). We took a fairly main road, after the ferry crossing, before turning off into the Mangrove forest, but this main road was 'deserted', and after seeing the traffic of HCM for three days it was such a relief! We had the road to ourselves for say 70% of the time, with only 2/3 cars/vans passing, and some locals on bikes/mopeds.

It was a very personable tour and Tung was very informative regarding knowledge of his country/history/culture. We chatted with the locals ie: when taking tea/coffee with them whilst waiting for various other ferries. The Vietnamese were obviously curious to see a 'Westerner' in these parts of the suburbs/countryside as there are few tours (if any) that visit these areas. You are certainly off the beaten track. They were keen to converse, ask questions (participate in photos) and with Tung's help we were able to communicate - there is no shortage of offering you food/drink/rice wine!

The lunch at the old house (as advertised) was amazing. A lot of food for two people and we were hosted by 4 ladies who had taken the trouble to prepare this amazing fare, in an extremely old historical home with fine architecture. A superb pleasant setting. It was a fine way to end the cycle ride (approximately 35 km), with only a further 3km back to the van after the lunch. I arrived back to HCM at 1600 hrs.

Within the tour drinks/snacks were available by Le Vietnam (to fit into your backpack), and Tung bought other items (fresh coconut drink/tea) en route. I didn't have to spend a penny/dollar/dong...

It was an amazing day, many thanks.

1  Thank Saraheturner70

Travelers who viewed Vietnam Cycle Day Tours - Le Vietnam Travel Private Day Tours also viewed

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Been to Vietnam Cycle Day Tours - Le Vietnam Travel Private Day Tours? Share your experiences!