“Well organised and good value”

Indochina Odyssey Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #14 of 390 Tours in Ho Chi Minh City
More attraction details
Owner description: IOT (Indochina Odyssey Tours-Ho Chi Minh City Private Tours) not only provides private Ho Chi Minh City tours, but also customizes Indochina tour packages for worldwide travelers. All Indochina tours IOT provides are tailor-made according to your needs. No other company puts more efforts into personalizing each tour than we do.
Singapore, Singapore
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Well organised and good value”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

As a regular traveler round Asia, I was 'forced' to use Indochina as too busy at work to book it all myself. Excellent decision as they turned out to be real pros

Emailed them Sunday 7pm with a few ideas and time limitations: response of detailed itinerary (hotel names, proposed tours, pricing) received Monday afternoon. Emailed them a week later with some changes. Then a 15 minute phone call with Kelly, who spoke very good English, and we were all booked up. Payment was easy - if you are concerned about sending your money to an 'unknown' company, message a few other people on trip advisor who will confirm.
Value for money: perfect. I check-priced what they offered us, and it was in the zone

We asked them to organize two trips we saw on trip advisor, and they were happy to do that. The tour guides they used were freelance but all of them worked with Indochina a lot, so well vetted by Indochina. In each case, the guides picked us up at the airport in excellent aircon vans: checked us into the hotels and then took us round the sites as arranged.

If travelling with my family in SE Asia/China, I would almost certainly use a tour organizer. And I would highly recommend Indochina Odyssey

5 Thank Hampshire444
Indochina_Odyssey, Customer Care Manager at Indochina Odyssey Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Ralph,

As part of the team, I am so happy what you said to us, especially some words like “forced”,”perfect”, “certainly”…etc. One of the glories of Indochina odyssey is making people smile until the end. For sure, you have tasted it already since the beginning. And thank you for your trust.
Your happy moments will well-stay along with all other great memories at Odyssey.

Stay well, and wish you a sunny day everyday

• Greek first
Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very impresive”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Our trip with IOT started in Hanoi. Everything went as plan. Our guide Cuong was amazing (I think our favorite of all of them even though all of them were amazing.) : profesional yet ftiendly and caring. Very puntual and knowledgeable. The complex is impresive and definitely a must see. Hanoi in general very bustling and friendly. After that we did Halong Bay. What a gorgeous place. Again IOT service was amazing, we even got our own cruise in a gorgeous ship with a 6 crew for the 4 of us. Apparently IOT upgraded us. It was amazing, we did both swim and kayak. The crew fished four our breakfast and allowed us to try and my daughter caught a squid. That moment would always stay in our minds.

2 Thank AdalgisaMama
Indochina_Odyssey, Customer Care Manager at Indochina Odyssey Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Adalgisa,

I think I can fully relax now just before the weekend, as such a great thing is received to know your enjoyment with Odyssey! Absolutely the memories will run through in your mind for long time happily. Your kind review has been already shared with Yeliz and Mr. Cuong. Both of them are proud for your satisfaction with our service.

Personally I got attracted by the beautiful Vietnam several times on my own holidays too. Especially the breath-taking Ha Long Bay. IOT would love to bring you some more lifelong memories again in the near future in Asia!

Best wishes for you and your family!
Los Angeles, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Use these guys.”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My friends and I were between traveling companies for booking our trip to Thailand and Cambodia. Indochina Odyssey Tours (IOT) was the only company that kept in contact with us and answered every question, dealt with every itinerary edit we wanted. We certainly felt safe and confident going into our trip, and are completely satisfied and happy with their service.

Our agent was Yeliz Wong, who was very friendly and professional. All our correspondence was done by email. The information IOT initially gives already contains a lot of information, but Yeliz was able to answer every other question down to the last minute detail, all in a timely manner. With the time difference in consideration, everything was answered to satisfaction within the next business day. As we were planning our trip, many changes to our itinerary were being made, and Yeliz was able to accommodate ALL of them. They truly are a "customized tour" company.

IOT focuses mainly on historical/cultural attractions. While in Phuket, Thailand, they gave us the freedom to plan our own itinerary. Although you are able to book your driver/hotel through them.

All the hotels/drivers/guides/meals they provided were excellent. They even have a questionnaire before the trip so that they can choose someone who will fit the group's personality. We were met at the airports with someone who was holding a sign with the IOT logo and the travelers' name(s), so we never felt like we were abandoned. The guide always picked up cold bottled water throughout the day. Our vans were always cold and air conditioned whenever we rode them. IOT makes sure their guides/drivers let their customers feel comfortable. (One note, your guide will pretty much also be your photographer throughout the trip, so make sure that he/she can take satisfactory pictures of you and (all) the attraction. In a lot of our pictures, some of the buildings/steeples etc. were cut out of the frame, but this is a reflection of the individual, not the company.)

Highly recommend this company, and if I go to Southeast Asia again, I will use them again.

4 Thank Sharon_Aguinaldo
Dear Sharon,

On behalf of your consultant and the team, I’d like to deliver my sincere gratitude to you for this detailed comment.

At IOT, we are just a big happy family! All of us are taking care of each group in details to make sure your journey is valued and memorized. We want to send a unique tour to everyone who travels with Odyssey! Of course your personal needs are always the soul of the tour.

We love travelling as much as you, so we fully understand how important when people are on the road. With Odyssey, you just simply kick the worry or concerns to us; all you need to do is seating back and relaxing….

Let’s share more for your next journey.
Bergen, Hordaland, Norway
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Exellent personal service and value for money”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We are two couples who travelled Hanoi - Halong Bay - Siem Reap - Phnom Penh. Very good hotels, safe drivers and exellent guides all the way. The guide did follow our car from Hanoi to Halong Bay (4 hours) and back, even if we had other guides on the boat. We apreciated so much that our guides shared many things from their daily lifes so we could understand how the society worked for ordinary people. But most of all I must thank Eric Kong - out planner - for his efforts to make the trip 100 % after our choices and for all the good tips he gave. We had a travel totally individualized, with very good hotels and cheaper than most group tours in the area. I can recommend IOT if you like quality and individuality.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Audun P
ChinaOdysseyTour, Public Relations Manager at Indochina Odyssey Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Audun,

Our good week started from your warm words as above, thank you for the comments. Quality services and professional consultants with care are Odyssey! We fall in love with this brand! Nothing can reward us more,but your smile. Certainly we will meet at somewhere around Asia with odyssey, right?

Have a great week ahead!
You're not alone with Odyssey!
St. Pete Beach, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Indochina Odyssey Tours”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My wife and 17 year old daughter and I just finished 17 days in Thailand and Vietnam, Aug. 2, 2013. We were so happy with the arrangments for hotels, guides and tours. And we had an input from the beginning by doing our due diligence and making changes to the itinerary before we left that they accomondated so easily. We even got sick for one day while in Phuket that we were supposed to fly and they made all the arrangements to change things "on the fly"...we never missed a beat! We saw so much and so many cool things...came home worn out...but with many great memories. To Yeliz and Ms Lucy at IndoChina...I say thanks for everything!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Jay A
Dear Jay,

We are so glad that you enjoyed the Thailand & Vietnam Tour with us and thanks very much for your kind comments. We fully understand that people feel helpless sometimes in an unfamiliar country. That’s why our customer care is 24hs/7days there whenever you need us during the trip.

I believe these happy tour memories will linger in your mind for a long time. And we expect to creat more better experience for your tours to Southeast Asia like Myanmar, Laos & Cambodia in the near future.

Best regards to you and your family,