“IOT Honeymoon = AMAZING!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Indochina Odyssey Tours - Day Tours

Indochina Odyssey Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #13 of 368 Tours in Ho Chi Minh City
More attraction details
Owner description: IOT (Indochina Odyssey Tours-Ho Chi Minh City Private Tours) not only provides private Ho Chi Minh City tours, but also customizes Indochina tour packages for worldwide travelers. All Indochina tours IOT provides are tailor-made according to your needs. No other company puts more efforts into personalizing each tour than we do.
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“IOT Honeymoon = AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

When organizing our Honeymoon, we received quotes from travel agents that were very over priced for a trip to Vietnam. By using Tripadviser I came across Indochina Odessey Tours (IOT), with glowing reviews.... Well here is another to add to their collection !

Just as their website states, 24hour responses everytime. I sent through an enquiry in regards to a "32day Luxury tour of Vietnam" . Our Travel Consultant was Ms Yeliz who was fantastic and very helpful. Any changes we wanted made to the tour were adjusted without any hassles. When the final amount came through I was still a bit skeptical about transferring money to an overseas travel company. We took a gamble and booked it anyway. Again Ms Yeliz kept us updated at every step and provided receipts of payments after each transfer. Ms Yeliz even organized our Visa on arrival Letter and sent through our very detailed and acurate travel Intinary. I advised her that this trip would be our Honey moon and she also organised ahead with the hotels to do something special for us, we received a bottle of champagne and had roses on every check in. I have already and will continue to promote IOT and Ms Yeliz as we just got back from a trouble free amazing Honeymoon with IOT support all the way through!

Our Honey moon was 5star throughout Vietnam with Private Tours all the way through. I must mention our Tour guide through out North Vietnam, Mr Bien! We have travelled many times before to many different countries with many different guides, and by Far we were blown away by the service, knowledge and friendliness of Bien. Bien would go out of his way to help in any way possible, even checking us in at every hotel and awaiting until we were settled each time. We now class Bien as our friend and will try and stay in touch with him. We definetly recommend his services when travelling through Northern Vietnam.

In Central Vietnam, our guide was Mr Chen, or Crazy Chen as he likes to be called. Again, another great guide, with excellent knowledge. He also took us on a motor bike tour through Dalat which was not even included in our tour. All guides through out the trip spoke very good english and were very knowledeable and helpful.

All transfer cars were clean and spacious and the drivers were very polite. Each Hotel we stayed at were amazing, we will post reviews with them soon.

IOT was an amazing company to deal with and even called on many occasions throughout our trip just to check everything was ok and even passed there number on that we could contact 24hours a day should we have any problems.Like there slogan " You are not alone in Asia"

It may sound like I work for IOT, I can assure you I do Not, but we need to give credit when it is due, and they were amazing! Please feel free to ask me any questions you have and I can tell you more about our experience.

Cheers!!

17 Thank Paul-n-Kate_Mace
Indochina_Odyssey, Public Relations Manager at Indochina Odyssey Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Paul and Kate,

Thank you so much for providing this review! It's always a thrill to hear that our clients much enjoyed the vacation with us. Your kind words and recommendation is huge encouragement to us, and we really appreciated. You two look so happy in the pictures! We at IOT wish you and your family a marry Christmas! Thanks again and look forward to your return!

• Greek first
Whittier, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Mike P”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

My wife and I just returned form a nine day trip to Myanmar with Odyssey Tours and we could not be happier with this IOT. We had a problem with our "on arrival visa". The airline knew of a business on arival visa but not a tourist visa so we had to make a stop over in Bangkok
from Cambodia to go to the embassy. After two days we finally got our visa and were off to
Yangon on a flight that was two hours late, and arrived at midnight. Communicating only over email, i was a little concerned that we whould have a problem and no one there, but we were met at the airport and started a wonderful trip. I was plesantly supprised because they madeup the day that we missed and we had a tour of Yangon the last day.

Visited December 2012
8 Thank Mike P
Dear Mike P,

Thank you for your review! Glad to read that you and your wife had a wonderful trip in Myanmar with IOT, and wish the visa issue didn't ruin your beautiful memory there. Thank you again for choosing us!

Marry Christmas!

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“All You Can Eat Roast Duck & The Beautiful Towns & Cities Of China”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

The most exciting aspect of visiting China is that in 5 years time, when I return with my daughter, I will be looking forward to seeing the progress since my recent visit to an advanced heathly world beating Oriental Frontier.

Captain Rick Stewart

4 Thank Richard S
Indochina_Odyssey, Public Relations Manager at Indochina Odyssey Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Richard S,
Thank you for your review. It’s nice that you and your daughter had a great time in China! Look forward to your next trip with us.

Warm regards,

Indochina Odyssey Tours
San Anselmo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Private Journeys”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

For a personal and unique way to visit Cambodia and Laos, I highly recommend IOT. It's a wonderful way to travel. Our car/driver and guide took us wherever we wanted to go and provided a unique perspective to help us understand what we saw. In Cambodia, our guide Mr. Phally was in constant contact with his "boss" who made sure that our trip proceeded smoothly. Eric Kong, our travel consultant, was able to answer all our pre-trip questions and book hotels that were "full" or impossible for me to book as an individual.

7 Thank TreadsSoftly
Dear TreadsSoftly,

Thank you so much for writing this review on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to read that you were satisfied with our private tour package. Thank you for your compliment on Mr. Phally and Eric Kong's work; They brought their regards to you and your family. Odyssey will keep working hard to provide high-quality personalized private tours for our clients. Look forward to your next trip back to Asia!

Marry Christmas!

Apex, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Experience on 18 Day / 17 Night Trip to SE Asia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I went on an 18 Day trip to Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam. After much research, we decided to go with IOT. Throughout the "trip research" phase IOT was always very prompt to answer questions and provide insight / recommendations. We used IOT for the entire trip (except international flights and we booked 4 of the hotels on our own using rewards points). The IOT representatives (driver and guide) were waiting for us at each hotel and stayed with us until they dropped us off at the airport to head to our next location.

During the trip they called us a couple times to make sure everything was going ok, that we were happy with the guides, hotels, food, etc. IOT definitely has a customer service focus.

We had plans to go to a dinner show in Siem Reap but my wife wasn't feeling well so we decided not to go. They arranged for us to either get a refund or go to the show the next next. We decided to go the next night and had a great time.

My initial cocerns were related to using a company that we didn't "personally" know and also sending such a large sum of money overseas. After doing as much research as possible we made the decision and it turned out to be a great decision!

Highly recommend using IOT for travel to SE Asia.

7 Thank Tom D
Dear Tom D,

Thank you for sharing your experience of you 18 day trip with us and other tourists. It’s always good to read that our clients enjoyed the flexibility of the tour and was well taken care of by our Team. Thank you again for your trust and choosing IOT! We really appreciate your recommendation!

Kind regards!