“Best miso soup”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Best miso soup”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We had heard that we could get very good Japanese food in HCMC and Kasai did not disappoint! Don't be fooled by the ambience as it tends to be a little dingy. The miso soup is the best I've tasted.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank angelinecheah81

• Korean first
Malaysia
“standards have been maintained”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I only intended to have some grilled fish, but when I saw how fresh the sashimi was, I couldn't resist ordering a portion of Aji, as well as a portion of sea bass..didn't regret it at all!

Service is always superb

Visited March 2013
“very consistent..excellent service”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I've yet to be disappointed dining here: very fresh Aji, which I had as sashimi as well as shioyaki..generous wakame salad, which was perfectly seasoned..sashimi wasn't sliced as generously as usual, but I'm a greedy fella! ocha was stronger than usual, which I preferred..freshly grated wasabi was much appreciated..

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Dato' Ainuddin N
Malaysia
“excellent sashimi and sushi, fresh wasabi..”
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I eat here regularly, and was happy to bring some friends for dinner: sashimi was very fresh, very generously sliced, the rice in the sushi was perfectly seasoned and well assembled..I was particularly pleased that they had fresh wasabi that evening as they'd run out a fortnight earlier..the service was hilarious, our waitress had clearly overdosed on sugar! miso shiru was good..all in all a very satisfactory meal

• Visited December 2011