“Satisfaction”
Review of Ashoka

Ranked #721 of 3,184 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Ashoka has 2 locations :Ashoka I :Ashoka I is located at an intersection of Le Thanh Ton and Thai Van Lung Street, across to PHO 2000Ashoka II :33,Tong Huu Dinh (Street 53),Thao Dien,An Phu,Dist 2,HCM City
Siem Reap
“Satisfaction”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Reasonable good north Indian food in a decent envoirement and not to far away from our hotel.Service not too bad but could improve.Overall was good experience as all of enjoyed .Recommended.

Dear Pannirselvam

Thank you for sharing your nice review about Ashoka on TripAdvisor. It is always very rewarding when our guests take the time to tell us about their experience specially when it is a good one.

Kind Regards,

• Vietnamese first
HCM
“Ashoka in district 2”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The restaurant in district 2 has acres of space and a very large terrace where the majority of the tables are set up, among the badly parked staff motorbikes, close enough to put your feet up on the exhaust pipe if you like. Most things we asked for were met with incredulity by the manager/waiter (in their defence they were catering an outside party but could not cope with our table of 3 at all). The food was bland to say the least, ever had grated cheddar on top of boiled spinach? no, me neither, not in an Indian restaurant.
When the bill finally arrived, could and should have just left without paying, it certainly did not match the prices on the menu and when this pointed out were told, yes, but your bill is right. Never going back there again!

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank gandida
Dear Gandida

Sorry to hear that your experience at Ashoka Thao Dien was not very good, We have looked into this and are making adjustments to customer service to ensure that the issues you have spoken about are addressed.

Dorchester, United Kingdom
“A good experience”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We went to this restaurant twice during our stay in Ho Chi Minh City. The food was excellent and very good value for money. Everyone was extremely friendly and anxious to please. There was no choice of wine, but the manager insisted that we tried what they had before buying it. We would certainly recommend this place to anyone who enjoys good Indian cooking.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Dynamicduo2014
Dear DynamicDuo

Kind Regards,
Kitchener
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Our meal was excellent & very reasonable. Good service & comfortable chairs. Would definatlely return.

Visited March 2014
Dear Karen,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your meal and hope that you continue to come back for a visit to Ashoka.

Preston, United Kingdom
“Little gem in ho chi min city”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Only being in Saigon 3 hours and a little apprehensive we wanted to eat most restaurants we saw where Japanese , my wife lives sushi but I don't ,we saw this sjgn for Indian food and said that will do,on entering the restaurant we were met with very friendly staff,,we ordered drinks and sat down to study the menu it was quite extensive ,,the owner sent his staff to get me a SIMM card for my cheap phone which is just used to contact family back home,the food was as good if not better than most Indian restaurants we have eaten in around the world,5 beer 4 wnes two main courses including poppadoms and kasmiree nan and pillar rice 33£ the owner even changed my dollars for dongs as I thought after being to Cambodia dollars was main currency , I am a business man and very rarely get done on money exchange, I didn't ask the owner what I would get for changing 200 dollars ,but I already new the exchange rate,,I got the bill and with the SIMM card price and credit on phone he had give me the exact change I thought I would get what a gentleman , I will certainly return to his restaurant

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank splasherPreston
Dear Spalsher Preston

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our Restaurant, your comments are very much valued. We look forward to having you back in Ashoka again.