“Bonsai Cruise Saigon River” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bonsai River Cruise - Dinner Cruise
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Escape the bustle of the city and cruise the waters of the Saigon River. Savor a sumptuous dinner, accompanied by live entertainment, while floating past Ho Chi Minh’s enchanting nighttime cityscape. Follow us on Twitter (at)BonsaiCruise or facebook Bonsai River Cruise for updates and promotions!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Bonsai Cruise Saigon River”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

This is on the top of my list of things to do in HCMC ,great food great entertainment well worth it a good night.

Visited June 2011
4 Thank RubyJayde

• Indonesian first
  • Vietnamese first
Vancouver, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Entertainment, scenary, good food - Great package”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2011

The boat is double deckered. There is live music, singing, and dancing on all decks. Participation by the guests is encouraged. A sampling of asian dances is performed by a set of four ladies as the boat sails along.

The food is buffet style. It is fairly low-cost food. It includes wings, salads, sausage, shrip, pork and beef skewers. A selection of deserts is available. Overall, the food is the weak part. Overall, this cruise was a lot of fun and well worth going.

Visited May 2011
1 Thank Roy M
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Nice for a River Cruise at Night but not for a good meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

First, you have to fight the rush-hour traffic to get to the pier's gate in District 4 (near the downtown area), then you're held captive on the boat while it barely goes anywhere except a bit to the left and then a bit to the right on the river. Imagine a tour bus with tourists but you’re all together on the boat. As you get onboard, you take a picture (which they'll offer to as you get off for $5). Actually, the picture is sorta cute with you and the costumed woman plus photo-shopped boat scene. I’m glad someone bought ours.

The food buffet is all fried - everything fried - even the salmon pieces. Do you want that? It's hot and humid but with a nice view of the downtown lights at night. But for me - I just felt like a hostage on the boat and couldn't get off. Don't ask why - but I've gone three times for various commitments. But I'm not going again. If you want a boat ride, just go to the Renaissance Hotel and walk across the street to the local motorcycle ferry and take that across. You’ll see a fantastic view. If you want to eat on the river and go FARTHER than the Bonsai Cruise, then pre-order the special dinner boat from the Japanese Restaurant K-Café on Hai Ba Trung Street (opposite the Park Hyatt Hotel). It’s comfortable for a small group and they’ll have the food and a contingent of staff to serve you as you go up-and-down the river. Much more fun (but you do have to pay to book the boat for the night). It’s a wooden boat, low-in-the-water with colorful lanterns.

Visited December 2010
3 Thank Mongoose30
Bangkok, Thailand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“A little pricey, but a great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

The Bonsai Dinner Cruise was one of the highlights of my 10-day trip to Ho Chi Minh City. You eat dinner on a large dragon boat while cruising along the Saigon River. Dinner is a vast buffet, and I think the food was outstanding. The food was of course the best part of the cruise. The buffet is a mixture of Vietnamese and Western food. You also get a great view of Ho Chi Minh City at night, which looks quite beautiful. Also, there is live entertainment, which consists of a live band, Vietnamese dance routines, and storytelling. From start to finish, the cruise was about 2.5 hours.

If your budget can afford it, I definitely recommend taking the cruise. This cruise can pretty much please any kind of person, and it had the best food of my entire trip in Ho Chi Minh City. I went on the cruise in May 2011, and I paid $36 per person. I just mentioned "Bonsai Dinner Cruise," and my hotel booked the tickets for me, which were later delivered to my hotel. And so you know, it was about a 5 minute taxi ride from Ben Thanh Market to the boat docks.

Visited May 2011
3 Thank jds1986
Christchurch
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Most fun we had is Saigon!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2011

We were offered this cruise as a apology for our travel company ruining our hotel bookings and quite honestly I'm glad they did!!
Right from the outset this was something special... We pulled up and were greeted by a "royal' delagation and from there the night only got better, as we were given a complimentary cocktail on arrival. Entertainment was provided throughout including dancers (both traditional and modern) live music (again both traditional and modern). A magician came to our table to show us some of his craft and a free 10-15 minute massage was provided upstairs if you wanted it too!!.
This would have all been a waste if the food wasn't good but thankfully it delivered to just as high of a standard. Typically good vietnamese food that you come to expect when traveling here but the real surprise was how good the european food was, caesar salad, kiwifruit moose, apple strudle and german bratwurst all superb!!
We thought $35US for all this was very reasonable (we checked price later) and all you add on to that was the drinks and would love to attend again!

Visited April 2011