“Like staying with family!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Diep Anh Guesthouse

Diep Anh Guesthouse
Ranked #12 of 821 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
“Like staying with family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had a lovely stay here and I would stay here again if we were back in Saigon (one day we will go back there!). We managed to squeeze in so much into such a short space of time thanks to the help and great advice from the owners. Nothing was too much for them and we had such a nice stay. We even got a cuddle as we said goodbye! After a month in Vietnam meeting so many wonderful and friendly people this was really the icing on the cake. Thank you so much for taking such good care of us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Slovak first
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I did not have the greatest experience at this guesthouse. I had booked online and where they were negotiating with people coming off the street, they would not help me out with the price at all, even though I was just one person. They moved me to another guesthouse in the middle of my stay that was not great quality, right across the street. I found the rooms to be over priced and as I said, they did not seem to be too helpful with lowering the price during low season. I came back to Saigon two weeks later and sought out other places to stay.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Herlev, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

This place is just wonderful - the owners are ever present and extremely helpful and friendly! The room I got was very cheap, quite large and in very good condition! I never experienced any problems with animals in my room, not even mosquitos.

The guesthouse has no breakfast service, but this can be bought very cheap just around the corner out on the little street, no problem. They sell beverages and water very cheap down at the reception. I really liked the atmosphere of this place and highly recommend staying here. I would probably do so if I was to go back to Ho Chi Minh city.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Den Haag
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

The owner of Diep Anh Guesthouse is a very friendly man how will help you with anything you need. Before showing your room, which are very nice and quiet, he will show you nice things to do on his map. This guesthouse in a small ally of Saigon has a good name, and its all true...... I lost my phone in the taxi (that he arranged) on my way to the airport. After a phone call with mister Anh he contacted the taxi driver who brought my phone back to the airport. Probably one of the best places to stay in Saigon.

Room Tip: ask for the 'new' part, Diep Anh 2
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked three nights at Diep Anh after seeing the excellent reviews on tripadvisor and the recommendation in lonely planet, and we weren't disappointed. It was slightly more expensive to other places we had been staying but it was totally worth it. Anh and his wife who own and run the guesthouse are lovely, they are very friendly and will go out of their way to help us - Anh even went down to a ticket office to get us bus tickets after they told him on the phone they were fully booked. They can help you arrange trips to the Mekong Delta and Cu Chi tunnels as well. We certainly would stay here again and most definitely recommend it to others - just an aside there's 7 floors and no lift, it can be quite the workout.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank casprin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

The owners Mr&Mrs Anh invite you into their home and make you feel welcome and comfortable. To top it off they will assist in arranging your day trips and further onward travel arrangements. And I witnessed this interaction with all other guests as well. I guess what sets this place apart is the genuine interest this couple takes in your well being ensuring that you are able to enjoy HCMC to its fullest.
The guesthouse was clean and the beds comfortable for a backpackers lodge and the location is central with loads of eateries around to satisfy any palette.

• Stayed August 2013
South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed at three other places in the backpackers area and this place is the best. Super clean. Rooms are spacious. Rooms with one double bed has a balcony. Great for stepping out and watching people walk by and watching the rain fall during midday. Rooms have a ceiling fan, ac, large closet space, and fridge. Laundry service available. Cold beverages for sale in the lobby. You can book tours and bus tickets there too. We stayed there for almost three weeks with our two month old. Will return if we are in hcmc again. Place doesnt have elevator so be prepared to walk up the stairs. But most guesthouses are also walkups.

• Stayed July 2013