“Fantastic stay!”

Ranked #12 of 914 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and Mr and Mrs Anh were awesome. They took a lot of time to show us the map of the city and pointed out the best things to see. When we returned to HCMC at the end of our trip they also let us store our bags for the day so we didn't have to carry them round. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Slovak first
scotland
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 11 nights, broken up with a beach stay in between whereby we were allowed to keep the room, paid for obviously.
On arrival we were warmly welcomed and given lots of helpful advise about Saigon, places of interest etc. Anh and his wife couldn't be more helpful. The room was huge with a balcony overlooking the lane, large tv and air con. The lane itself is like a little community of super friendly people, get to know them, you won't be disappointed. Cheap food from the stalls and cheap beer, great salon next door called Tinas, great for nails etc. The rooms are quiet despite the hustle and bustle of the lane during the day and a good sleep is guaranteed.
Couldn't recommend this place enough, great location, all the main attractions are within walking distance, great smoothies at the top of the lane and plenty restaurants on bue vien at other end.
Don't by pass this place. If you're in Saigon, pop in and book a room :-)

• Stayed July 2013
Canberra
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Diep Anh was recommended to my by a friend who had stayed at the establishment in 2012 and that, coupled with the amount of positive reviews on TA had me booking the three nights I had planned in HCMC during my Vietnam holiday.

I was not disappointed!!

This being my first time backpacking I wasn't entirely sure what to expect but I was greeted warmly and with excellent English upon my arrival. Anh took the time to go through some city maps and point out interesting things for me and approximate walking times/taxi fares etc. This information was invaluable to me as I'd not visited HCMC before. I was prepared, given the price of the room, for basic accommodation but was surprised when my room contained a huge bed, balcony, large ensuite, fridge & TV. The room was immaculately clean and was lovely and cool in the Saigon heat.

My stay included a Saturday night which is absolutely CRAZY in the backpacker district - super noisy, very drunk tourists etc etc but the location of the guesthouse means that you can be partying away down the street and then come down the alley to a lovely quiet, dark, cool room for some much needed rest!

Throughout my stay the owners were polite, warm, friendly and helpful - nothing was too much trouble!! They organised my overnight bus ticket for me - a big relief for me. I'm so glad that I booked here and it was been a wonderful introduction to Vietnam for me. Let's hope the rest of the country lives up to Diep Anh's high standards!

I would caution against booking the Mekong Delta tour through the guesthouse - overpriced (I paid USD $17 while others paid as little as USD$11), disorganized, guide with very poor English, lunch included but pay for drinks??, more than half the day is spent on a bus either driving or waiting for various things.

However I don't want that to take away from the guesthouse experience - they are awesome!! I

Room Tip: I stayed in 401 & was very happy!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Shanghai, China
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed at this guesthouse in July following a recommendation from our friends. Normally we would stay in budget hotels, but as our friends had said it was good we gave it a try. What a brilliant little find, from the moment you walk in the owners (a lovely couple) go out of their way to attend to your every need. They start by giving you a map and marking on the hostel location, places of interest, and how to get about. This is just what you need when you arrive in a new place. It is also possibly one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed, the floors are so clean they are sparkling. As the hostel is quite cheap I thought the room wouldn't be great but it was lovely - huge, clean and nicely decorated. They also have a/c and a fridge in every room. As this is located in the main traveller/backpacker area we were a bit worried it might be really loud at night, but we didn't hear a thing. I have already been recommending this guesthouse to other travellers since I have left saigon, and the owners deserve the great reputation their guesthouse has received. Also definitely book the tours through the guesthouse- they were great, on time and really reasonably priced.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Queenstown, New Zealand
Reviewed June 12, 2013

What a great little guest house. We arrived early and were able to check in which was an unexpected bonus. We stayed 2 nights and i booked this solely on the great trip advisor reviews. Unfortunately on the first night we were housed in a relations guest house a few doors down which was nice but not a patch on Diep Anh. We had a run in with a huge cockroach in our room on night 1 which was unfortunate. Our second night we were moved to a lovely room in Diep Anh. It was spacious, clean and had a wee balcony attached. The air con worked well and the bathroom served its purpose. The house is close to everything and we walked around all the main sights, to the river, market etc. The owners are super friendly and really helpful with local information, maps, and tours if required. It was the only place we stayed in Vietnam that did not have breakfast included but there were plenty of cheap options nearby. They also sell water and beer cheaply. Great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This guesthouse is situated down an alleyway in the main backpacker area of Ho Chi Minh City. Its quite easy to find (even at night) and the alleyway is much quieter than the nearby streets in the Pham Ngu Lao street area. The alleyway is also feels quite safe, but keep your usual wits about you. The location is close to bars and restaurants and you can walk to most of the main tourist attractions in HCMC. Do be careful walking around though as I witnessed a horrific motorcycle accident on the nearby Bui Vien St during breakfast. Always, always be switched on HCMC !!

Arrived at the guesthouse at about 8pm and received a very warm welcome off the owner. I was only in HCMC for two days but he spent a lot of time upon checkin explaining all the local sites, orientating me on a map and generally being super-friendly. The room itself was very large and very, very quiet. It had two single beds and the owner offered to move me to a double, but it was fine. The furnishings are dated, but functional and there is free wifi and the air con works well. There was no view and you had to walk up three flights of stairs - but these were minor detractions. Breakfast is not included

The bathroom was large and well set up. Its a wet bathroom but because of the size this is not really a problem. However.......there was exposed wiring (see photo) very close to the showerhead which was a bit concerning. I'm not sure if the wires were 'live' or not but I certainly didn't splash around and find out.

Overall a value for money guesthouse with friendly welcoming owners. Value for money score: 6/10 with a point deducted for the OH&S issues in the bathroom

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back as these are very quiet. Ask for a room that does not have exposed wiring...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Dazbro
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed May 29, 2013

A extremely clean guesthouse in the center of the busy backpackers region. Rooms good size with ensuite. Owners are superb, helpful, friendly, accommodating in ever aspect.
Cannot recommend this highly enought.

Room Tip: Lots of good food places in the alley, cheap as well.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple