“Excellent value, great location and wonderful hosts”

Diep Anh Guesthouse
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent value, great location and wonderful hosts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I've stayed twice at this excellent guesthouse - it may be a little tricky to find at first but it very well located for restaurants, bars, tours and many sights HCMC has to offer.

The rooms are clean and spacious, with air con, fridges and TVs.

The owners are very friendly and welcoming and are always happy to help you plan your stay in their city.

Will definitely be booking in here on my next visit.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Slovak first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Diep Anh GH is located in the small alley of Pham Ngu Lao str. which is not really hard to find
with lots of local food stores and only 10-min walk to Ben Thanh market.

The room is spacious, clean and nice - with Air-con, TV, fridge, Wifi, hot water
We had a pleasant sleep not disturbed by bustling noise from the main street.

What I impress the most is the Anh couple...very helpful and very friendly.
They helped us at the first day showing where to visit, booking overnight bus ticket
until the last day ,called a taxi to the airport for us with reasonable fixed price.

I would recommend this place to anybody who's looking for a very fine GH in HCMC.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Ballarat, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

The couple that owned this guest house were very helpful, and it was in a great spot, very close to the action yet tucked down an alley way so it was still quiet. only one complaint would be on the 2nd night when we changed rooms there were a few bed bugs which ate my legs! After the couple changed the sheets it was better again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

Great location, and spotless large room. But what really made this guesthouse a wonderful stay was the gracious and friendly owners who couldn't do enough to make us welcome - even when we woke them up at 5am after an overnight train from Nha Trang! Thank you both so so much - highly recommended!

Room Tip: Being a tall narrow building there are a lot of stairs to the higher rooms, so if you'd prefer t...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

After staying at a more expensive place around the corner we decided to "rough it" a little bit. However we were shocked to find we weren't roughing it at all! Our room was lovely really spacious with a cute tiny balcony. 2 double beds with heaps of room to spare was just what we wanted. The rooms were nice and clean, however a separate shower would have been nice although for the price US$24p/n I'm definitely not complaining. The aircon was brilliant. A rare treat! Although initially we were nervous about the alley way after a day or so we actually felt safer there then on the main street. We were on first name basis with most people there. My friend was very a bit ill whilst there and the staff were so helpful with balms and ginger tea. They helped us organise all our tours and everything was just too easy. A very personal stay. We loved it.

Room Tip: Ask for the VIP room
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

The Ann couple were very friendly at first but I feel that they are quite lack in their sense of security, they took our passport and just leave it on their reception table, it was still there one hour later when we were going out for our tour(with no one around), I had to mentioned it to them before they quickly came from the back and put them into the drawer. We were given a room on the 3rd floor and it looks clean and comfortable. When I turned in that night, I smelled some funny chemical scent on the pillow and the blanket. I thought to myself that the owner must have used some funny washing powder and never give it a second thought, But the first night was a nightmare, I was bitten by bugs on my neck, back and legs, they swelled, then it dawned to me that the funny smell was chemical used to get rid of the bugs, obviously it didn't worked. I told the Ann's couple the next morning and demand an explanation. The couple turned on a innocent look and denied it. I showed them the parts of my body which was bitten and swollen, and they fell silence. They obviously knew of the bugs and tried to eliminate them, but they had done it wrongly. They offered another room for us but refused any compensation when I asked, and worst, their attitude turned cold toward us since then. I regretted staying on with them and should have switch to others guesthouse. I don't blame them for the bugs, guests brings them in, but I am upset of their dishonestly and failure to eliminate the bugs before serving the room to the guest, and not concern the well being of their guest (never offer any concern to my swollen).

Room Tip: Be vigilant.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lukesmary
Gwangju, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

My friends and I stayed at Diep Anh Guesthouse for one night and it certainly made quite the impression! It has very clean rooms with cozy beds, clean bathrooms, and most importantly good air conditioning! The owners of the guesthouse, a charming married couple, provided top quality customer service and made me feel so welcome with how they catered to our needs. They provide you with a map and all the go-to places around the area. The guesthouse itself was hard to find because its location was sort of in a long winding alleyway. The wifi worked perfectly and from what I understood from the owner, the place is solar powered, which was a nice thing to know! Probably the best place we stayed in during our stay in Vietnam!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends