“Cu Chi Tunnel Tour (Private Tour)”

Ho Chi Minh City Urban Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
$65.00*
and up
Mekong Delta Discovery Small Group Adventure Tour from Ho Chi Minh City
More attraction details
Owner description: Ho Chi Minh City Urban Adventures offers unique and authentic day tours around Ho Chi Minh City. They range from 2 hour to 1 day adventures and uncover back streets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Ho Chi Minh City. A local expert guide will provide the knowledge and lead you through a fantastic urban experience.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Cu Chi Tunnel Tour (Private Tour)”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We did this half day tour when we first arrived in Ho Chi Minh City. It includes a stop at a rubber plantation on the way out, including a chance to try your hand at making rice paper. The tunnel complex is spectacular, particularly once you know some of the history. Our guide, Gem (Ngoc Pham) was very informative and a lot of fun. We opted to do the private tour with just our Intrepid tour group (7 people) and it was nice to have a smaller group where we didn't have to strain to hear the information from our guide. That said, the site is very busy with other tourists so it's not as "private" as you might expect. Depending on how many people are splitting the price, it may not be worth it for the extra money. That's the only reason I've given this a 4 out of 5.

Bristol, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Mekong Discovery & Cu Chi Tunnels”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I went on the Mekong Discovery & Cu Chi Tunnels trips (over two days) 12/13 June 2013. My tour guide was excellent for both days. She spoke brilliant English and went above and beyond for all of us.

The Mekong Discovery trip should have been called the Mekong and Food Discovery tour - come hungry as you get so much food!! It was a really great trip, sailing the Mekong, trying so much food, holding a python, meeting the locals, a brilliant and highly reccommended trip.

The Cu Chi Tunnels trip was also brilliant. We stopped at a local home and got a chance to make rice paper and feed it to their giant pigs! The Cu Chi Tunnels are really remarkable and our guide gave us loads of information about how the Viet Cong counter attacked the American GI. A brilliant day.

I would also like to note that the great thing about doing trips with Urban Adventures is that unlike local trips booked there which are stack em high sell em cheap style tours, Urban Adventures tours are small groups, and are more intimate so you are not just another tourist in a giant group (I also went on their Ha Long Bay trip in Hanoi wher I had an entire junk boat to myself unlike thet other boats which were heaving and noisy, mine was blissfully peaceful - the way Ha Long should be done). Highly reccommend!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Excellent half day tour”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The tour is surprisingly beyond my expectation. I thought it would be a boring one but it ends up to be the most interesting journey throughout my stay in Ho Chi Minh. The tour guide LONG HUYNH is very friendly and sincere. The whole journey is really interesting especially when we have him as the group tour guide. The Cu Chi tunnel tour has widened our understanding on Ho Chi Minh history. And I would definitely recommend my friend to join this tour when they plan a visit to Ho Chi Minh!~

Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“Cu Chi Tunnels.”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Our guide was Gem who took us to the tunnels, showed us how rice paper was made, showed us the collecting of the rubber.
Gem was lovely, her english speaking and understanding of our questions was fantastic. She is a very friendly, pleasant and happy young lady. We felt privilledged to have her as our guide.
We learnt so much from her. Gem is very knowledgeble and was able to answer all our questions. She made the day with her very very enjoyable we finished the tour finding a new friend.
Gem is an asset to your work place and one to treasure
this trip we spent with her was on the 30 May 2013.
We thank her from the bottom of our hearts
Charleen Ashley. New Zealand.

Visited May 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Cu Chi Tunnel: The Intelligence of Vietnamese behind the Tragedy”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We went to this urban adventures for half day. Our tour guide was Mr. Long. He brought us to visit to a local house where we had our first experience of making the rice paper, watching the snake eating the rat and feeding the pigs. His restless explanation was like putting the icing on the cake. What I like was his honesty in explaining the "real side" of Vietnam. Nevertheless, I would admit that his English speaking was the best among any other tour guide I came through in Vietnam.

The Cu chi Tunnel alerted us about the fight for freedom. It was sad to see the war tragedy was happened around 50 years ago. Wish that those Vietnamese who suffered the tragedy will escape from the miserable mist. May god bless them and their future generation to have bright future.