“Cu Chi tunnels and Mekong Delta.”

Ho Chi Minh City Urban Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
$65.00*
and up
Mekong Delta Discovery Small Group Adventure Tour from Ho Chi Minh City
More attraction details
Owner description: Ho Chi Minh City Urban Adventures offers unique and authentic day tours around Ho Chi Minh City. They range from 2 hour to 1 day adventures and uncover back streets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Ho Chi Minh City. A local expert guide will provide the knowledge and lead you through a fantastic urban experience.
Melbourne, Australia
“Cu Chi tunnels and Mekong Delta.”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Nguyen Yu was a very good tour guide, very informative. Very humourous. Knew answers to all questions, and spoke exceptional English.And tried to help me out with transport from my hotel to the airport. I hope I have her as guide next time I am in Ho Chi Minh city.

Joshua Prideaux. Melbourne: Australia.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ho Chi Minh City Urban Adventure”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had a wonderful guide named Long Huynh, who gave us a great time. He was knowledgeable , humorous and most entertaining. He really made our trip an adventure. Recommend him to anyone. - a great guide Tony Kelly ( Scotland )

London, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Ho Chi Minh city tour and Cu Chi Tunnel Tour”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

A recent land trip ended in Ho Chi Minh City and I had an extra day and a half before flying home. As time was short I took recommendations and booked the 2 tours above. The City tour was a bit intense but very informative guide and great locations visited incl. War Remnants Museum, Post Office, Cathedral, Tao Temple, Chinese Market + other photo stops and lunch. When I got back to the hotel I spoke to some others who had done a city tour that day but had not seen half the places we went to.

Next day Cu Chi Tunnels - early start - meet at the post office at 7.30 and warned when I booked could be up to 40 people. What a result!?! met at 7.25 by charming guide who informed me vehicle would be along soon. Turned out I was the only one booked for that day so more like a tailor made trip. 1st class driver, vehicle and the guide who spoke very good English. She fed me with facts and interesting snippets on the journey. When we arrived there were plenty of large groups but with her knowledge of the venue not only did she keep me well informed but she skillfully dodged the crowds so each location was viewed with little interuption. Well worth the visit and remarkable enginuity. Try the tunnels at your peril - I did 2 but bottled out of the 100m one. Interesting finish with "tea" and food gathered from the forest as eaten by the Viet Cong. On the return journey we stopped at a family farm to see how life really is on a working plantation. As I was the only 1 on board I was delivered back to my hotel. Could not have expected more.

Narrabri, Australia
“Mekong Delta”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We enjoyed our day in the Mekong Delta and found Mr Long,our guide, a fun,informative guy.
There were only three of us on the tour which made it even more enjoyable and personable.
From travelling in a boat on the impressive Mekong to gently floating in the narrow canals on a sampan, we discovered how life is lived on the delta. Tasting the snake wine was an
experience(!) and the local lunch was delicious, though we did wonder how we would eat the whole fish placed in front of us. Thank goodness the waitress shredded it and prepared our rolls at the table.All the eating houses on the islands had rows of hammocks- and we followed the locals and enjoyed a rest after the meal. What a good idea!
Mr Long answered all our questions well-and his English was easy to understand.We would recommend this tour and this guide.
Karen and Tim

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Mekong tour”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

What a great and informative tour,our leader Gem was fantastic, very informative and well organised. We saw a lot of things such as honey making,candy making,villages and many other great sights. We even tried the snake wine which was interesting. Highly recommend this tour.