“Gem (our guide) was a real Gem!”

Ho Chi Minh City Urban Adventures
Ho Chi Minh City Discovery Small Group Adventure Tour
$39.00*
Cu Chi Tunnels Small Group Adventure Tour from Ho Chi Minh City
More attraction details
Owner description: Ho Chi Minh City Urban Adventures offers unique and authentic day tours around Ho Chi Minh City. They range from 2 hour to 1 day adventures and uncover back streets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Ho Chi Minh City. A local expert guide will provide the knowledge and lead you through a fantastic urban experience.
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This trip is a must see! So incredible what the local people achieved. Our guide from Intrepid Adventures was really excellent and went above and beyond to accommodate al her guests. She was very understandable and knowledgable about the trip. I would definitely recommend Intrepid.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,768)

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We was picked up at the hotel lobby with a smiling face and a good sign of great customer service. We spend a little time to go around and get more people from other hotels is easy to understandable. Tour stopped at local family, the owner is so hospitality with very interesting stories. Cu Chi tunnels with good explanation from our guide helped us realize 2 sides of a war story and knew lots more about Vietnam War. I would recommend this tour to anyone want to see a real Vietnam. Well done!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Myself and my girlfriend were on the Mekong Delta day tour and it was by far the highlight of our holiday. We were picked up exactly on time from our hotel in an air conditioned bus by our guide Ngoc Pham (Gem). Gem was fantastic from start to finish. The tour was extremely interesting and we saw so many wonderful sites. The highlight was taking a tiny raft into the depths of the Mekong Delta, which was even better than I had imagined. Gem was extremely knowledgeable and ensured that we had an excellent day. I would most definitely recommend the tour and tour guide to others.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I visited the Cu Chi Tunnels with Ms Huong as our guide. There were 4 of us in the group and we all got along very well and had a great time. Huong was very knowledgeable and addressed the conflict for which these tunnels were used very sympathetically. It was a good, eye-opening experience!

1  Thank shc303
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I decided to try this tour as we were independently traveling in Saigon and wanted to experience the tunnels. We choose this company because we wanted to see what the Intrepid company was all about as we have been looking at some extended multi-country trips they do. Unfortunately it wasn't a great experience.

Here are the major complaints I have for this tour.

1) Too much wasted time driving around HCMC going from hotel to hotel, especially for us as we were the first pickup of the morning. I'd recommend a central pickup location as I consider my vacation time valuable, but we signed up knowing this was the pickup process so I can't complain too much.

2) We stopped at a regular residential house with no one home and walked into their backyard that didn't really have much but a vegetable garden, it was absolutely pointless. It was supposed to be a stop advertised on the site as meeting a local family but apparently the family wasn't home. For some reason we still did this stop and walked around their backyard and it wasn't even addressed by the guide. The stop provided no value and didn't at all meet the expectations, it was just a waste of everyone's time.

3) We stopped at a handicapped workshop halfway back to Saigon that wasn't on the itinerary that again provided no real value and was really a prototypical unsolicited shopping stop. No one in the group was interested and everyone walked through to the end as fast as possible. It definitely seemed like one of those kick-back type stops, something I never would have expected with a company like this.

4) The tour is advertised as 5-6 hours, but we left at 7:30am and didn't get back until 3:30pm. If the tour hit a lot of high value targets I could more understand, or if something occurred like bad weather or traffic delays. But the main reason is we stopped at two complete time wasters plus all the time wasted driving around to hotels. To make matters worse we didn't even have a place we could eat lunch (tunnel gift shop doesn't count) so we were starving by the time we returned. The late return partially screwed up our plans for the remainder of the day so we were not happy with this.

Overall although we enjoyed the tunnels themselves and the guide did provide some good insight we were disappointed that it took up 8 hours of our day (without lunch) and wasted time that we could have better spent at other sites in Saigon during our short stay. This in no way makes us want to ever us UA or Intrepid again during our travels.

1  Thank ucfjay