“Mekong Delta day tour”

Ho Chi Minh City Discovery Small Group Adventure Tour
$39.00*
Cu Chi Tunnels Small Group Adventure Tour from Ho Chi Minh City
More attraction details
Owner description: Ho Chi Minh City Urban Adventures offers unique and authentic day tours around Ho Chi Minh City. They range from 2 hour to 1 day adventures and uncover back streets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Ho Chi Minh City. A local expert guide will provide the knowledge and lead you through a fantastic urban experience.
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Le Huong was our guide for the day and we had a great time. Huong was an excellent guide, with a great sense of humour and made our day wonderful. The tour was great, but it was Le Huong who made it that way. Very happy all round.
Paul Townsend

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had a great day with our lovely guide Gem (Ngoc Pham). We were picked up in a comfortable air-conditioned mini bus in a group of about 10 tourists and Gem got us all introduced and socialising quickly. Gem was always giving us interesting info about the area as well as Vietnam in general including some rather humorous jokes - the Vietamese have a very cute sense of humour.

The trip was jammed packed with lots of activities but we never felt rushed. We had several rides in different boats through the Mekong and stopped a few times for snacks and then lunch, watched a local musical performance, took an open air vehicle ride through the streets (very fun!), checked out the coconut candy 'factory', drank snake wine, held a big snake and a few other bits and pieces thrown in between.

While being a quite 'touristy' tour it was still fun all the same. Our tour group was a diverse bunch but they were all nice people and with our guide Gem we all enjoyed ourselves. If you only have one spare day in Saigon for a tour I would make it this one.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We took a one day tour of the Mekong Delta with Ngoc Pham (Gem). This was a fantastic tour. Ngoc was an exceptional guide, who gave us an insightful look into life on the delta, her knowledge of Vietnam was fantastic as was her English and thus no question went unanswered. The trip took us through the upper delta, where we saw coconut candy being made, enjoyed a fantastic Vietnamese lunch (when we explained we didn't eat seafood Ngoc arranged a different and yummy lunch for us) tried local fruits and wine's including snake wine, held a python, travelled on a motorised tuk tuk, Ngoc was a fantastic guide and we couldn't have asked for more. We would recommend this trip to anyone.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

The trip was good as I got to learn about the history and lifestyle of Vietnamese. What is most commendable about Urban Adventure is my tour guide - Tong Chung!

I fractured my hand the day before I joined the tour. Thinking that it was just a sprain, I did not see a doctor immediately and endured the pain throughout the day. Tong saw my swollen hand and asked me what happened. He constantly asked about my well-being throughout the trip and wanted to bring me to the hospital.

After the tour ended, he brought me to a very good hospital and waited over 2 hours just to make sure I am well-taken care of by the medical nurses! He even bought some crossiants for my dinner and sent me back to my apartment! He has shown me the goodness of his country as well as his people.

A very unforgettable experience for me and I will definitely recommend my friends to sign up for the tours with Urban Adventures! They are affordable, have reliable and professional tour guides that ensures safety and comfort at all times, good command of english and gave useful information throughout the trip. What more can you ask for?

Thank you Tong Chung!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This tour is well worth the visit especially if your have already visited other parts of the "Mighty" Mekong River, as I had in Laos and Cambodia. Our guide for the day, Gem, was fantastic. She gave us lots of useful information and interesting facts. She spoke very good english and was very helpful particularly for one of the members of our group who needed extra assistance. We toured around many of the islands in this delta region. We stopped for lunch in a small village, and this lunch was superb. More than we could eat. After lunch we visited a coconut candy factory, to watch and learn about the production of these delicious treats. A very labour intensive industry. It was nice to get back out into the quiet country areas again after the hustle and bustle of busy Saigon.