“Standard Li Bai”

Li Bai Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #466 of 3,241 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Explore an authentic Dim Sum Buffet, a la carte menu or set menus specially recommended by expert chefs of Li Bai. Enjoy a meal with your family, friends or business partners in a cozy and private ambiance with contemporary decoration infused by Chinese elements.
Singapore, Singapore
“Standard Li Bai”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Its the same as the Li Bai Restaurant in Sheraton Singapore. It serves northern chinese cuisine. Good ambience & service.

Visited September 2012

• Vietnamese first
Santa Clarita, California
“Great Sunday Buffet Dinner”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We were lucky enough to be there on a Sunday evening when Li Bai offers a seafood buffet dinner. I have enjoyed a lot of seafood buffets in different cities, but Li Bai is definitely the best!

The sheer number and variety of food is astounding and everything was delicious. Of course, I took advantage of the fact that they were also serving seafood - from cold (oysters, shrimp, clams, sushi, sashimi) to hot (fish, lobster, shrimp, etc).

And, don't forget to leave room for dessert! Again, the variety of dessert items were amazing.

I highly recommend Li Bai for dinner!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank SgtBuffy
Singapore, Singapore
“Might be the best Dim Sum in HCMC but nothing special compared to elsewhere”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Okay I went there on the rave reviews that I've read here and went with the Dim Sum Buffet so that I could get broad selection. Firstly keep in mind as I was only in HCMC for 2 weeks my Dim Sum cravings were not at the point where I'd eat anything remotely Dim Sum and think it was the food of the gods.

So saying all that I can only say that the Dim Sum here was average and with non-alcoholic drinks floating around the 120,000 dong mark and the buffet itself going for 580,000 dong and adding on service charge and tax I was paying something like 850,000 dong for a pretty average meal. You know one of those Dim Sum buffets where everything ends up tasting kind of the same? That's how it was for me. I was still hungry at the end but couldn't face stomaching more of the same - not that it was bad - I just needed something different.

All up I wouldn't go here again. I'd just wait until I was in Singapore, Hong Kong or even Bangkok or Australia to get my Dim Sum.

If you're a long term expat in need of Dim Sum then by all means try it out but if you're just passing through don't bother.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank travellerjack_10
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Dim Sum”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Best dim sum restaurant in HCMC. Wonderful service, decor and atmostphere. What do you expect from a 5 stars hotel like the Sheraton? We splurge and happy that we did.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank San G
Sydney, Australia
“Luxury Yum Cha”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

This second floor restaurant was a cool haven on a hot day. Having immersed ourselves in the street food of Vietnam, we took a time-out for a little luxury, and something semi-familiar for the kids. They thought they knew yum cha from home, but this place opened their eyes and palates to yum cha on a whole new level. No cheerful waiters pushing steam carts, this was a la carte and presented by the most beautiful staff clad in chic silk cheongsams. We ate steamed dumplings, vegetables, and the inevitable pork bun, but the hero of our table was a dish of fat noodles and beef that had us in a chopstick frenzy as we scooped up the marvelously rich and smoky morsels. This dish is Highly Recommended.

The service was perfect. The decor is very lush in the expected East meets West luxury hotel mould. The menu is expansive, the food superior, and the styling and presentation of dishes was immaculate. Yet, amazingly, four of us ate very very well for under AU$50 !

• Visited April 2012