Tan Hoang Long Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Catina Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Huong Sen Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Palace Hotel Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Bong Sen Hotel Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Saigon River Boutique Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Thang Long Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
The Reverie Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
View Hotel
Oscar Saigon Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Dong Do Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
The Reverie Residence(Ho Chi Minh City)
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat locationwalking distancesmall hotelrooms are cleandong khoi streetbreakfast roomlarge bathroomnotre dame cathedralhot watermekong deltastar hotelstayed here for nightsopera housevietnamese foodben thanh marketwi fidefinitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Traveled all over central and southern Vietnam in April. During my stay in Ho Chi Minh (formerly known as Saigon), I was lucky to find this little gem in the middle of the city. I found the rooms to be very inexpensive for the location. The rooms offer plentiful storage space for your luggage as well as a safe for your valuables. Every room has a nice size bathroom with a great tub for soaking. The air conditioning works really well especially when you need a break from the extreme heat of the city. They also serve complimentary breakfast every morning, so make sure to get their early since seating is very limited.

Tips when staying there:
1. You are located around some really nice restaurants and shopping centers so it is easily to walk and explore. I walked almost everywhere.
2. If you do opt to take public transportation, look for cabs that are VINASUN. They are the most trusted taxi service in the area and very cheap too!
3. They do have dry cleaning service and that was also very inexpensive. It literally cost me under $10 for a huge bag of clothes.
4. I found myself hanging out a lot at the Grand Saigon hotel which is two blocks away. That hotel has a little casino, great roof top bar and restaurant and also a nice spa (which gives 40% off treatments before 3pm). So I got the perks of an expensive hotel without staying at one.
5. There is a restaurant around the corner called Pho 24 which is great for people on a budget. You can get their basic Pho for just 29,000 Viet dongs which equals to $1.37 USD! I ate there a couple of times during my stay.
6. When traveling through Vietnam you must leave your passport at the front desk at most hotels. I don't know about you, but I don't feel comfortable leaving that with some stranger. So it's important to make photo copies since most hotels including this one will accept them.

The two most important things for me when staying at any hotel: The cleanliness of the hotel and the comfort of the bed. Both were perfectly fine for me, but I do like my beds a little harder then plush. I grew very familiar with Ho Chi Minh city and would gladly stay here again!

Thanks for reading and make sure to follow me on twitter at @travelfooddude

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank Travelfooddude
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Fluent English support 24 hours a day, restaurant recommendations; what else could you ask for?
Our room had no windows so it was hard to tell when to wake up. But there was a sofa, tea cups and kettle, fantastic beds, TV, and large bathroom.

This place was well run and great to come back to after pounding the pavement all day.

Room Tip: If you want windows (but also potential noise), be sure to ask.
Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Warren M
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I like Tan Hoang Long Hotel because it's centrally located and very clean. Oh, and the shower --> good water pressure, good temperature control, good draining.

Breakfast is delicious. I like Pho and porridge very much.

I booked the room with window but I went out all day everyday and came back at night, also when I was in the room I always close the curtain for privacy reason. So I think the window is not necessary for me.

The only problem I had while stayed there was the air-conditioner. It's not efficient to keep the room cool.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank NSJThailand
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Although the decor is a bit dated this hotel was clean and had everything you need for a short stay in Ho Chi Minh City. Good location, near lots of nice restaurants as well as some of the main shopping centres and the river. To get to the back packer area (bit more night life going on there) we generally took a taxi as the walk was a bit much when its so hot! Overall we found it was a great place if you just want somewhere to touch base and sleep after a long day of exploring the city.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alex C
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Nice enough hotel although we preferred backpacker area. Rooms very nice minor issue with exploding air con resulting in relocating to upgraded room . What spoil your stay was because of a past midnight return flight we should have booked an extension to our stay but when we asked got very abrupt reply that the hotel was full. In all of our dealings with the people in Vietnam it was the only time we were ever met with smiles and a positive attitude. Maybe we were spoilt by this stage. Anyway wouldn't go back other people may have a better experience.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple