“Quiet and comfortable”

Tan Hoang Long Hotel
Ranked #62 of 465 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed August 17, 2013

A first timer at this hotel and I am suitably impressed. The rooms are not overly large but are certainly very clean and comfortable. They are more than adequate for one person or even a couple.
The bathrooms are quite large for this style of hotel and come complete with a sizeable bath which is in the shape and style of a spa. For a change they are free of mould.
Overall the rooms are maintained in a very high standard. The furniture is good, clean and meet all ones needs. In general it is well serviced and breakfast is even included in the tariff.
It's location is great being in a quieter part of Ho Chi Minh City but very near to many entertainment attractions. They are all within walking distance.
Would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank terrybarter52

Reviewed August 16, 2013

The Tan Hoang Long Hotel is a delightful little place located right in the middle of the city of Ho Chi Minh. There are loads of shops and restaurants incredibly close to the hotel. The room was absolutely perfect, with lovely classic furniture and a bed that really makes you not want to get up the morning. You get a flat screen TV in the room and as well as free tea and coffee. The room is very clean and kept in order. The staff were incredibly receptive your questions and requests and were very friendly. The hotel is a bit small, but it’s nothing that really bothered me. Overall, a fantastic experience and I would definitely stay there again.

1  Thank NovaGrl
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, with friendly staff who are only to pleased to help you out if need be. The room was a decent size and was quiet during the night...although early in the morning some of the staff were not so good at whispering to one another. The breakfast selection was small but it had everything I needed from omelet to muesli, the rooms were clean and tidy and the wifi quality was excellent. I can highly recommend this hotel...without doubt!

Room Tip: Location...5 star! Great little hotel.
2  Thank CookieBean7678
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Our first night was in a Deluxe room 201 which was huge, sparkly and had great windows overlooking the street. Mind you they are double glazed so if you want to shut out the beeping traffic you can certainly do that. The next night we stayed in a twin on a higher floor and whilst the room was a little smaller it was still as spacious as most hotel rooms and it came complete with bath tub.

We enjoyed the breakfast in the morning you were able to choose between standard western fare and also traditional vietnamese food. I had the beef congee one morning which was delicious.

Also, if you don't like lifts there was a nice clean stairwell to use. It's good to have the option.

The staff were friendly and helpful I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Some rooms have minimal daylight so check the room first if that would bother you.
2  Thank seaswim
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Can't beat the location and price for this hotel. It's right in the center of the city, close to shops and restaurants. My room was a little cramped but since I was a solo traveler, I didn't mind in addition to the fact that I was out most of the day so it didn't matter that much. The room and bathroom was clean and smelled fresh which is more important than the size. The hotel staff were helpful in giving me tips about places to eat etc....I'd recommend it for solo travelers or couples who don't mind sharing a tight space.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is close to everything in HCMC. All the sites in HCMC was within 10-15 min walk from the hotel. I like that it is in a small lane with all the quaint shops in the stretch.
I requested for a room with a window on a high floor and was given one. As a solo traveller, the room was a good size for me and there was even a bath tub in the toilet. From my window, I can even see the Bitexco Fiancial Tower. There are small cafes in the area and also a money changer next door, in case you're out of Dong.
The staff is always friendly and ready to answer all your queries. I even booked 2 tours to Mekong Delta and the Chu Chi tunnels through the hotel, and they were relatively cheaper than the ones offered in some tour websites.
On my last day, my tour of the Chu Chi tunnels ended late and I wanted a shower before my flight. The manager offered to allow me to use the staff bathroom for me to shower and change. The manager and the staff really go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.
While there was enough choices for breakfast, I did find the food a little oily. Despite that, I would definitely choose this hotel again when I return to HCMC.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor with a window for a great view. Room 702 is good!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I love being in the thick of it so this hotel was perfect. Walked everywhere, to sites, shops and restaurants. The room was perfect, staff friendly and helpful. It's all relative really. I'm a solo traveller (don't need a big room), am half deaf ( so noise doesn't bother me) and am always happy for a simple breakfast. Therefore I'm not fussy and easily pleased. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo