“Location location location”

Tan Hoang Long Hotel
Ranked #63 of 472 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Couldn't really fault the hotel. We stayed in a beautful suite and it was spotless. As a honeymoon couple they left us a congrats card and bottle of Aussie wine which was a nice touch.

There was an issue when the hot water came on but it was sorted that day.

Yes the breakfast was limited but it was adequate.

The only other gripe would be my wife and I are tea / coffee drinkers and we had to ask for milk every day to put in them. Surely sachets of "cream" / long life milk could have been left which would of sufficed.

However this was a great location and friendly staff and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Get the room in the main photo - exquisite.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank conradmtd

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We are family with three kids. This was our last stop in Vietnam. The hotel was very clean, the service was very friendly and very helpful and the location is great. The reason we didn't rate it as "excellent" was that the rooms were a bit small and because breakfast was very limited. I don't know what other hotels with similar cost in Saigon give for breakfast so difficult to compare but if we compare to other hotels on Vietnam then it was a bit disappointing.
Other than that the service was great, we booked trips to co chi tunnels and to mekong delta with them and the trips were fantastic. Especially recommended is the shorter day trip to Mekong delta.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 6, 2013

room was clean, bathroom was nice, and staff were friendly and prompt both on email responds and face to face. requested for a late checkout due to our flight time and they obliged immediately. breakfast was good. my partner and i enjoyed the beef fried rice and beef stew. despite being on a busy street, our room was quiet (6th floor). one bad thing was there was a slight gap btw our door and the doorway. unsettling as we weren't sure if people could look in? we could look out so probably. location was great- could walk to ben thanh market, war remnants museums etc (about fifteen mins) and didn't need to cab at all to the sights. costs about 150,000 -200,000 vnd from railway station to cab here (if i rmb right), and about the same amount to cab to airport. recommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hellosailorgirl
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This small hotel is right in the centre of HCM, so it's a good spot to base yourself. The price was excellent value, and I'd recommend this place for a short stay. It was an easy walk to the night markets, to the river, and was right in the middle of the shopping district.

My room was comfortable, with a well fitted bathroom and the mod cons one expects in a business-style hotel. It had air con, free wifi and a comfy bed, also a good tv and an in-room safe. The view from the window was onto other buildings; not very pretty, but it was interesting in a way. My room was at the back and, despite HCM being a very noisy city with all the motor scooters whizzing about and tooting, the room was relatively quiet.

Breakfast was included and was good (you're given a menu and they cook it specially for you).

I booked my transfers through the hotel. This worked well going from the airport, as my driver was waiting when I arrived. Heading back, I'd been out for a walk and arrived back at the hotel about 5mins before I was due to be picked up (having got a bit lost walking back). By then -- even though it was early and I'd already paid for my transfer -- the driver had gone off in a huff, leaving me stranded. The hotel sorted it out by hailing a cab and paying it in advance, but it meant I paid for a limo transfer and got a dirty taxi instead. That was my only gripe -- and quite insignificant.

I'd recommend this hotel as a good quality, good value, place to stay in HCM/Saigon.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Atheoretical
Reviewed January 2, 2013

After sorting through many hotels on TripAdvisor in Ho Chi Minh City we settled on this one and it was a gem. The price was very reasonable and the location couldn't have been much better. The staff was very friendly and our room was exceptionally clean and quite nice. The hotel is small and we thought the smallish dining area might mean a poor breakfast, but were surprised to see that we could order from a menu, a really pleasant surprise. The central location couldn't have been better

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Boulder-USA
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located on Mac thi Buoi street which is near to HBT Street on one side and also very close to Le Loi Street on the other side. Also just next to Sheraton Saigon. Very convenient to get a taxi and also a 7 am to 10 pm money exchange outlet next door.

It's the standard four rooms to a floor mid priced hotel. The rooms are fairly compact with a queen size bed, a table, a single seat cushion chair, and a cupboard. I found the suitcase rack fairly small, which was a tad inconvenient, which the hotel staff replaced with a larger one the next day. I also needed an extra quilt which the hotel again provided, which was good.

I found the complimentary water provided a bit inconvenient. The bottles offered are 300 ml, which is just about a large glass. A suggestion to the hotel -  If you are offering this, then you should also offer a clear pricing system for additional bottles which is at market rate, and not at the mini bar rate. It is inconvenient to go to the supermarket for your daily stock of water.

Bath - The bath area is fairly large with a lot of space. The hot water tends to stop after 10 am, so have it early.
The wifi signal was quite powerful through out and also in the bath area .
The breakfast is menu driven where you order for a specific course - English breakfast or a host of fried rice/ chops type. The English breakfast seemed the best of the lot especially if you are used to loading up in the morning. The fruits and sponge cake are on the buffet. If you are used to trying a variety on the breakfast platter, you may find the system here a bit restrictive.

The lobby area is nice and cosy with comfortable seating. It also has 2 computer terminals for surfing.
The elevators tended to be quite slow.
A tip for the hotel - for guests arriving late at night, have the bell boy to deliver food or have a stock of ready to eat noodles available. Restaurants tend to stop serving post 10:30 pm in HCMC

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Rajiv_Gopinath
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was such a great hotel. Centrally located in District 1, exceptionally helpful staff and very clean. We splurged and booked the luxury master suite which was huge. I would have no hesitation in booking this hotel next time I visit HCM.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple