Don't ask why its known as the Green Suites as nothing in the property points to eco-friendliness, not even a short note to hang bath towels if you want to reuse or put them in the bathtub if you want them laundered. However, as far as service and room cleanliness goes, it is one of the best experience I ever had for the happily affordable rates. Here are some points for consideration:
(1) The location is at the edge of the backpackers area and about 150 meters to where the action is - pubs, western eateries, travel agents, more B&Bs. However, its about 1 km to 1.5 km to Ben Thanh Market, and further still if you are planning to walk to the War Museum, Post Office and the Notre Dame Cathedral. Hence, for the elderly or families with kids, do take note. Distance aside, there are a few roads to cross (horrendous traffic condition) and none or rarely do they have traffic lights.
(2) The property is located at the end of an alley, best described as a narrow road where no cars can enter but motorbikes whizzes through every so often. From the main road, its about 50 to 70 metres to the entrance of the hotel. Two local restaurants, a couple of B&Bs, a workshop, a photocopy center flanks the alley. At night, the alley is filled with patrons and food in the inner restaurant is reasonable. Fried rice with chicken cost VND41,000 while a Saigon beer cost VND10,000. Point to note here is the alley can put some people off due to personal security concerns but I would put it off as a non event.
(3) Taxis are easily available but do check their credibility even though they agree to use the meter. I understand from the locals that Vinasun (taxi company) is reliable. Normally, the sedan taxis are 20% cheaper than the Toyota Innovar MPVs that can sit more. On the same note, my ride on a sedan taxi from Green Suite to Airport was VND 130,0000 (flagged from the road) while the trip coming in cost us VND 180,000 (taxi coupon purchased at the airport counter). If you want to save some money, be mindful when hailing taxis from the roadside at the exit.
(4) We were fortunate to be checked in by Vincy (or Laang in Vietnamese), a petite young lady who speaks English fluently. Her attention to details were beyond expectations; a case in point was when I requested for the wifi password which was given to me almost immediately and then ending the conversation politely with her offer of assistance should I encounter any log-in problems. To me, these are small efforts that goes a long way.
(5) Lastly, the room, again, for that price, nothing bad to comment about except that the air-condition takes a while to cool the room and if the property owner is reading in, this would be a better review if there are door knob in the bathroom, the tissue holder is fixed and the shower head is properly fasten to the shower hose.
(6) Depending on where I want to go, I will make it a point to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Green Suites hotel! We understand that there's an increasing need for tourists and business travelers alike to stay where the community is. All in all, it's about comfort. It's about convenience. It's about privacy and personal preferences. However, it's NOT about high cost. With that as our mission, Green Suites Hotel, as a newly built hotel, located in the bustling centre of backpacker community (Cong Quynh, Bui Vien, De Tham), was born to serve the lodging needs for YOU, demanding a convenient access to the central district's facilities, tour operators, restaurants, bars and shopping centers with bustling activities all day and night long as well as a peaceful and comfortable accommodation. Furthermore, the hotel is within a walking distance to the Ben Thanh market, the Saigon river, as well as many other tourist attractions such as the War museum, the Notre Dame cathedral, and the Reunification palace. Green Suites Hotel offers 18 cozy rooms with modern facilities and nice decorations, which we're committed to give you an enjoyable stay during your visit to Ho Chi Minh City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Green Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Hotel Ho Chi Minh City