While, individually, these points are not major, in total they represented for us, an attitude where service was second rate:
1. We were given two bottles of fresh water on the first day of our 5 day stay. Buy your own thereafter. All hotels, with this one exception, on our 7 week, 9 city trip, provided fresh water daily.
2. I brought home a bottle of cold beer one evening - the brand and price in the room's mini bar were not to my liking. No bottle opener in the room. Room service were not able to locate a bottle opener in the entire hotel.
3. Operation of the room safe was a mystery - no written instructions were provided, and the very friendly security guy who demonstrated its operation spoke no English whatsoever - so questioning him about aspects of the safe was challenging.
4. The toilet seat was not properly attached - so kept sliding off
5. There were two drinking glasses provided in the room - for the duration of our stay they were neither replaced nor washed. This also is out of kilter with every other hotel.
6. No hand towels provided. Again this is not normal hotel practice.
7. A bathmat was provided - for the first day. We never saw it again after that.
8. Boiled eggs for breakfast arealways hard-boiled. Despite requests for soft boiled eggs, this appeared to be beyond their culinary capacity. In addition both coffee and orange juice are available on the breakfast menu but, if you want both, you have to pay extra.
9. I'm obviously not alone in being uncomfortable at my passport being held. I can certainly sympathise with the need to sight, and take details of the passport, but to use it as security for possible non-payment tells more about the hotel's attitude towards its guests than anything else.
10. Due to an early flight we needed to leave the hotel at 6.15am. The previous night we arranged with the two receptionists at the front desk that they would provide a packaged breakfast for us. Breakfast was an included part of our accommodation. In the morning 'Sorry, the restaurant does not open until 6.30am'. The promises and assurancesof the previous night were empty.
11. The final straw - we enquired at the desk about a taxi to the airport. $15US. Further investigation revealed that the two major taxi companies in HCMC, Mai Linh and Vinson, do the same trip for between $6 and $8. We encountered some language difficulties in explaining the date/time etc of pickup to one of these companies, so requested assistance from the desk in terms of interpretation. They flatly refused as they "did not have a deal with those companies".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Green Suites hotel! We understand that there's an increasing need for tourists and business travelers alike to stay where the community is. All in all, it's about comfort. It's about convenience. It's about privacy and personal preferences. However, it's NOT about high cost. With that as our mission, Green Suites Hotel, as a newly built hotel, located in the bustling centre of backpacker community (Cong Quynh, Bui Vien, De Tham), was born to serve the lodging needs for YOU, demanding a convenient access to the central district's facilities, tour operators, restaurants, bars and shopping centers with bustling activities all day and night long as well as a peaceful and comfortable accommodation. Furthermore, the hotel is within a walking distance to the Ben Thanh market, the Saigon river, as well as many other tourist attractions such as the War museum, the Notre Dame cathedral, and the Reunification palace. Green Suites Hotel offers 18 cozy rooms with modern facilities and nice decorations, which we're committed to give you an enjoyable stay during your visit to Ho Chi Minh City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, HostelWorld and TripOnline SA so you can book your Green Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Hotel Ho Chi Minh City