Alagon Western Hotel
Harmony Saigon Hotel & Spa(Ho Chi Minh City)
$75
$63
  • Breakfast included
Alagon Saigon Hotel & Spa(Ho Chi Minh City)
$103
$78
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$143
$96
  • Breakfast included
Windsor Plaza Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$98
$85
Agoda.com
New World Saigon Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$136
$120
  • Pool
Hotel Majestic Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$237
$196
Travelocity
$97
$85
Agoda.com
Silverland Yen Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$113
$100
Hotels.com
$195
$115
Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$141
$138
  • Restaurant
All reviewshalal foodnight marketben thanh marketmuslim travellersnon halalsaigon squareexcellent locationwalking distanceeasy accessjunior suitethe hotel staffpleasant stayhotel restaurantchoose this hotelstaying at this hotelrooms are cleanperfect hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The bell boys were very helpful and a sweet gentle lady served us at the reception. We stayed there altogether 3 nights on 3 separate occasions using HCM as a hub to other destination in Vietnam & Cambodia. When we were first shown our room, the door opened with strong smell of cigarette smoke that blew us away. The bell boy straight away apologised and asked the reception to change our room. The air-conditioned rooms were relatively quiet, considering it was facing the front along a busy street to Ben Thanh market, we could not hear the street noise in front of us. The bed was comfortable and rooms were clean. Breakfast is good for a 3 star hotel offering combination of local dishes and western breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
fom_hhl02, Front Office Manager at Alagon Western Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear SusanKublick,

Warmest greetings from Hoang Hai Long 2 Hotel & Spa - Dragon 2 Hotel & Spa!

I would like to have a chance via TripAdvisor to say thank you very much for your positive review about our hotel. Certainly, I am going to share your compliments to our bell-men, receptionists, room attendants and F&B staffs. As you mentioned, you spent 3 nights on 3 separate occasions at our hotel and hopefully, we would love to welcome you back in 4 and 5th time in nearest future.

Hoping you could enjoy your trip and have safe flight to back home!

Best regards,

Tel: +84 83823 2999

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Clean hotel, friendly and helpful staff. Rooms small as tobe expected in this class of city center hotel. Bathroom needs updating. Just round the corner from the market and Pho 24 restaurant. Can recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Laforja,

Greetings from Hoang Hai Long 2 Hotel & Spa!

On behalf of the management, thank you very much for your nice review about our hotel and your thoughts about our property. We have renovated our properties step by step and hopefully, we can have a chance to welcome you back in near future!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I found this little hotel very good for the price. The early morning noise took time to get used to but overall the staff very helpful. The room I stayed in had no windows, but the large bed, sparkling clean bathroom and my own safe made up for it. I would happily recommend this small hotel to all ho were looking for an economical place to stay in Ho Chi Minh City. It is very close to the market as well as plenty of other shops and eateries

Room Tip: Ask for room with windows
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
fom_hhl02, Front Office Manager at Alagon Western Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Mr. Anthony B,

Greetings from Hoang Hai Long 2 Hotel & Spa - Dragon 2 Hotel & Spa!

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel as your favor accommodation in Ho Chi Minh City as well as spend your valuable time to write a great review for us.

Hopefully, we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us in the nearest future.

Best regards from Saigon,

Reviewed November 6, 2012

My friends and i all enjoyed our stay at Hoang Hai Long 2 Hotel in Ho Chi Minh greatly. The staff are so helpful and go out of there way to help you with everything, they even took me to the post office to send goods back! The rooms were quiet and very clean, and the food excellent. It is so central to the Ben Than market area and I felt very safe there. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel. The manager, Steven is especially wonderful, we think he is awesome. Thanks for a great time. And would only stay there when I get back to Ho Chi Minh
Louise R From Australia

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
fom_hhl02, Front Office Manager at Alagon Western Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Dear Ms Louise R,

Warmest greetings from Hoang Hai Long 2 Hotel & Spa - Dragon 2 Hotel & Spa!

Thank you very much for posting this very positive review on Trip Advisor after your stay with us at Hoang Hai Long 2 Hotel. We are delighted that you could enjoy your duration of stay here and share your thoughts about our hotel and hospitality services as well!

We hope that the 3 of you had a safe trip back home and that we may be able to welcoming you back one day in near future!

Regards from Steven Truong - Front Office Manager

28 - 30 Ngyen An Ninh Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Me and my husband have stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. As soon as we reached hotel frontdoor via a taxi, 2 bellboys came up and helped us with our backpacks althou we told them we can manage since not too heavy afterall. Front desk staff always serve with smiles on their face and communication wasn't a prob at all. English not too bad. I forgot the name of the young, handsome man wearing black jacket sitting at the side table. Hmm..should be from management team. He's worth to mention as he gives people a good impression with good spoken English and always guide other staff when they seem clueless of what other guests need. Two issues which I am not quite satisfied are:

a) The sound proof system in the room. I can hear people walking upstairs and even chit-chatting outside my room VERY CLEARLY.
b) I was running a fever and called restaurant requesting for a glass of milk to be sent over to my room. No one understands what I was talking and I waited for about 20 mins only to see a lady knocking on my door asking me what I need. I was running a fever and still need to explain for 5 mins to the lady on what exactly I need. I tried to explain in very simple English anyway. " I need a glass of hot milk. Can you send here later"? The answer i received from the lady standing innocently in front of me was just a "Yes, yes" while still standing there looking at me. I din noe if she really understands me. After another 2 mins explanation, only then she left and came with the correct order - A glass of hot milk.

Pros :
a) 2 mins walking distance to the famous Ben Thanh Market. However, they sell the same things in different stalls. If you need to compare price or bargain, well....be prepared to get a foot massage after that. Just a trick I learn from other travellers i see in Ben Thanh Market: Anthing you are interested to buy? Reduce the price up to 50% and you will get something worth to buy ! They will still earn even after deduct 50%. Imagine how cheap they get their stuff to sell.

b) Opposite the hotel, there is a Tokyo Spa. Worth to try! For a total of US$ 77, me and my husband got a full 90 mins Aroma body massage and my manicure+pedicure. Oh...And if you are having a gelish nails, please remove with your own nail polish remover as gelish type is not common in HCMC. I din noe they dun have such remover for gelish type until the staff tried for several times removing by normal nail polish remover. The supervisor then came up to me and asked where did i go for such nice "hard" nails. I said "I have done both in S'pore and Msia before" and they were shocked. Since unable to remove, I din get to try their nail painting, however, they still helped me to remove cuticles and trim my fingernails.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at 8th floor as the buffet is at 9th floor which all guests will have to take elevator to 8th floor and then take stairs up to the buffet restaurant. Will be noisier with everyone going to the same floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
fom_hhl02, Front Office Manager at Alagon Western Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Ms Cavyn09,

Warmest greetings from Hoang Hai Long 2 Hotel & Spa - Dragon 2 Hotel & Spa!

I would like to have a chance via Trip Advisor to say thank you very much for taking your valuable time to submit your comments here. It has been our pleasure when we receive your compliments to our Front Office Department. Certainly, I am going to share your great compliments to all my staffs - receptionists and bell men.

About the trouble from F&B staffs and the sound proof system in the room, I would like to deeply apologize for your experience and do hope that on your next visit to Ho Chi Minh City, I will be able to show you that we have corrected mentioned issues.

Hopefully, you reached home safe and your health has been fine!

Best regards from Viet Nam,