“Best Location, Great Service, Good Value!”

Bong Sen Hotel Saigon
Ranked #121 of 457 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Sydney, Australia
“Best Location, Great Service, Good Value!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We were staying at this hotel in Aug 13 for 5 days and really enjoyed our stay there. This is a good value hotel and everything is fantastic: best location in district 1, prompt & reliable services provided by friendly staff, restaurants with a wide variety of foods.
A bunch of thanks to the guy who efficiently helped me with the paper work regarding the loss of my passport. We will definitely return there again.
Kim

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank KimAnh2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I booked from agoda – so of course – they usually give you the worst possible room with no window – and located next to housekeeping – how perfect? But that said – it was totally okay with me because I was hardly in my room most of the time – interior of the room was clean and nice but a little small.
Day 1- arrived at 9. 30 am; requested if I could check in early – guess what-they said okay and allowed me to check in early which was wonderful because I was really tired and needed a shower and some sleep. Usual Check in time is at 2pm
Day 1 requested for adapters – received it in less than 5 minutes (housekeeping was next door )
Day 4 –I was in a hurry to attend my conference and left my room without locking my safebox – I had lotsa US dollars, Malaysian ringgit, credit cards, my ipad and laptop in there – not a single cent was missing! So grateful!
Day 6 – My flight was later, so I requested to checkout 2 hours later; – of course, they very kindly and politely said yes. Check out time is at 12 pm, I checked out at 2 pm.
Buffet breakfast spread was great.
Location of the hotel is superb –walking distance to lotsa attractions like benh thanh market, the cathedral, opera house, post office, Saigon centre, parkson shopping mall etc.

Room Tip: Choose Vinasun Taxi - they use meter and is cheap compared to other taxis.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank drseethaking
KL
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is one of the pleasant hotels that meet pretty much meets everything that a tourist looks for. It is located in the right in the heart of city.

The hotel staffs were friendly and accommodative. The lobby and reception area is small but, neat and clean. The rooms too are clean and comfortable with reasonable amenities (like tea/coffee making, slippers, safe locker, toiletries…). Some rooms have a small bathroom but, nothing to complain on the cleanliness. The wifi (free) speed was acceptable in the rooms. Only issue on the rooms (lower level room w/balcony facing the street) could be the noise level coming from the street. The elevated noise level, especially during weekends, could bring you sleepless night.

The complimentary breakfast was above average with good ambience. There is a small gym which I thought wasn’t well ventilated.

There are plenty of options for food around the hotel. There is a popular Vietnamese coffee shop right in front of the hotel. Many of the tourist attractions are within couple of kilometers range from the hotel. So, if you like walking then you can see pretty much everything by walk.

Overall, I found this hotel to be pretty much perfect and would love to stay again in future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Most of the scope of Vietnamese cuisine is there with a pretty good representation.
the service is excellent. location in the shopping area.
a very good stop for lunch at 10 USD / pax.
I recommend this restaurant called Buffet Ganh. Same name by the way than the one at Saigon Palace. Both offers more or less the same buffet
But I prefer the one of Bong Seng Hotel.
Sorry I was there for Lunch so I won't comment on the room.
I could not find the restaurant as a separate entity.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank djchrisblue
Canada
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is a nice clean hotel located on a good street full of restaurants and shopping malls that are in walking distance. Since it's a tourist area, it's very safe to walk around and discover for yourself. The staff is very nice and helpful. Do tip!

The rooms were nice and each one had a doorbell so when someone comes to your door they don't need to knock. We ordered room service one night which was affordable and came quickly. There is a mini bar and safe there. The bathtub was a bit high though, I tripped a couple of times going in and out. The amenities include a comb, toothbrush with toothpaste, shampoo, condition, lotion, cotton tips and shower cap. The hairdryer was a bit unusual but it did the job.

Everyone helped us with any questions and transportation. The morning breakfast buffet could use a little more variety. It had a good selection for Vietnamese and Asian taste but not much for western other than a ton of different kinds of bread.

Overall a fine hotel at a great price/location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KatoKathy
UK
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Had a day room here, so was only in the room for a few hours while waiting for my flight. The room I had was on 2nd floor, room was clean, but when I went to shower, noticed there were no towels, called down to front desk, and my towels were deliverd in about 10 mins, robes and slippers are provided.
This must be one of their lower grade rooms it has little or no natural light, did not bother me, as all I wanted was a place to clean up and chill till I got picked up for my flight. It had a fridge/mini bar with 2 x free bottles of water, all the other items were priced fairly, not the usual rip off prices that we are so used to these days.
The hotel is well situated with lots of bars restaurants shops etc within easy walking distance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel Bong Seng most of the time for my business trip. I don't care too much of service but at least a clean neat room is good.

But the true nightmare came from 24-27 July 2013. They offer my company benefit such as free laundry x2. Thus I decided to let them do the laundry. On 24th and 25th when I did not see my laundry return, I went to the reception and after checking with housekeeping, she said already delivered to my room.
And god damn, they will so sure it were delivered. Anyway I said I did not received so she said she will check again and let me know on 26th.
On the 26th evening, I saw my laundry for 24-25. So what's the problem.
And I asked how about my laundry for 26? He said it was not ready and will be delivery tomorrow. Well I was really concerned so I asked that my laundry to be kept in the reception so I will pick up. Guess what on 27th, I send in my laundry again. And in the evening I pick up my laundry and it's missing on the 26th, Again they said they had delivered on the 26th to my room.
So what went wrong !!! I talk to 3 person on 3 separate days and all seems so sure they delivered. So where the hell my laundry go?
Btw they lost my colleague socks and compensated him. But they delivery other laundry to his room.
What kinda of Hotel is this when the staff is not honest.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business