Sen Viet Hotel
$145
InterContinental
Villa Song Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$148
New World Saigon Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$154
$109
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

Hotel Majestic Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$118
$93
Trip.com
  • Pool
Rex Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$154
$123
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Nikko Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$122
Sanouva Saigon Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$47
$37
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $41/night.

Caravelle Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$145
$107
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $147/night.

Windsor Plaza Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$89
$65
  • Pool
The Reverie Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$339
$222
Priceline
All reviewsstayed here for nightsshower doorrecommend this hotelbusy roadclean hotelenjoyed our staybreakfast was includedstar hotelphoair connoodlesvietnamcitytaxistreetreceptionistwesterners
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Sen Viet is a very modern hotel. The rooms are very clean, well appointed and quiet. Bathroom was clean and there were windows. The staff are friendly and the concierge and reception staff speak English very well. The food is good, and breakfast in particular was lovely. The only problem we encountered is that it is right next to a school, which holds a parade via loud speaker every weekday morning at 7am. Overall it's good. If you want to feel like you are in Vietnam stay here, I highly recommend the hotel and will definately stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Faizal T
Reviewed July 30, 2011

My partner and I were rebooked into the Sen Viet Hotel after our original hotel was suffering from broken air conditioning. We stayed two night in a standard room, tried the breakfast, did not have massage or any other services.

Sen Viet has possibly the worst set of staff I have come across in Vietnam (I have lived here 9 months and was amazed how unfriendly and unhelpful they were). When we arrived there was not even an acknowledgement of us as the receptionist was busy on their personal phone. Over 5 minutes of waiting later we were checked in with no 'please', 'thanks', or even smile from the receptionist. Even using the lift we had to wait for 2 lifts to go past as the hotel maintenance workers and cleaners decided to jump ahead of us and fill up the lift with their supplies, laughing and again on personal phones, not even caring that paying hotel guests had been waiting. I walked in one day and saw house keeping sitting on my bed watching tv and having a bottle of water. I really struggled to see what I was paying for staying here.

We also asked if we could have a late checkout at 5pm as we had a late flight. First time I asked and the receptionist laughed (yep, really) and said 'only if you pay'. Is it really a funny request? I then asked my Vietnamese friend to phone and help me, but while they were on the phone with the reception my friend could hear the receptionist complaining and joking with one of their colleagues about the request. Desperately unprofessional and gives bad impression of the country to visitors.

The hotel is not convenient compared to district 1 hotels. You have a long walk to get to district 1 and most of the sights and attractions (>30 min walk). We had a motorbike with us, which was fortunate otherwise we would have needed a taxi to go anywhere. In the local area is a busy traffic street with a few small shops and karaokes. Right opposite the hotel is a clothes shop which has electronic music playing at full volume from 8am to 11pm each day. I am not a light sleeper but was woken up by the music both days.

You can spot the hotel from the street only from the sleazy-looking 'Massage' signs that they hotel puts up, as they advertise their massage more than their hotel services. The actual room is normal for what you pay. Would never recommend until they sort themselves out.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank JS_HCMC
Senviethotel, General Manager at Sen Viet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear our valued guest

Warmest greetings from Sen Viet Hotel

Thank you very much for your great review , our new management is well noted for your best contribution. We will take seriously action for the mentioned point and hope that we can well come you again with excellently service in the near future.

Best regards
Nguyen Vu

Reviewed June 28, 2011

I loved to try local hotels when I'm traveling in order to support the local chains while also still booking the ordinary hotel chains to pertain my membership levels. I booked the Executive Room (triple) Sen Viet Hotel using hotelclub because it has jacuzzi and the room is spacious, 35 sq meters. When I arrived and check-into the room, I was surprised that the room is very small. I noticed it because I have been aware with the usual 30-32 sq meters in four or five stars hotel and I think it would be no more than 25-28 sq meters. When I checked the bathroom, I was surprised that there's no jacuzzi inside the bathroom as promised. I asked to the reception and she told me that the executive room is full because they only have two rooms on the executive and they downgraded us to Premium Deluxe WITHOUT INFORMING US when we check-in. The reception said that they would inform the hotelclub about the modification of the booking. The floor in the room is slippery and not good as the website.

Another disappointment that I experienced is I've already e-mailed the hotel manager about the open bus ticket to Phan Thiet and the manager replied in e-mail that would costs 8-10 USD. I got 7.21 USD from online booking but I prefer to use hotel's service in favor of my goodwill to support the hotel that I stayed. Unfortunately, when I asked to the reception, she said that the open bus ticket is 14 USD/person. I showed to her the e-mail from her manager that mentioned 8-10 USD and she said you cannot. Finally, I ended up looking around to the whole HCMC city in the midnight for open bus ticket to Phan Thiet the next morning !!! After two hours I got 110,000 VND/person to Phan Thiet.

When I was checked out, I chose another girl to the reception since I didn't want to remind myself for the whole unpleasant things on the previous night. But the another reception staff told me that I used the extra bed so I would be charged of it. WHAT??? Well, after they dishonored my booking and now they are trying to charge me for what I've already paid for. I told to her that my booking is for three person and actually my original booking is Executive and Premium Deluxe. She said that she's sorry and would like to negotiate to the hotelclub and refund the differences. Well, I think that's not the case. Even if they would refund all the money that I've paid, it won't give our unpleasant night back.

The only good thing in this hotel is the staff at the restaurant. We didn't eat pork, and she inform us which items that contain pork. When my father wrongly taken the food which contain pork, she said that she would cook fish for him. In 10 minutes, she comes again with the mackerel fish for my father. What a pleasant service, extremely different with the staffs in the receptions.

My tips would be: don't book executive room since there's a possibility and don't book any tickets or tour from the hotel since the price would be unreasonable.

Room Tip: Don't book the executive nor the suite !
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank virtualaris
Reviewed May 23, 2011

This hotel is a great value and has a great location. Not only this, but also the breakfast was good, the staff was nice, and the services were fantatic. Very nice computers in the lobby, comfortable beds. The first morning, we woke to a loud voice on an intercom but then found out it is played every morning throughout the whole city. A very special experience.

Room Tip: I would recomend getting the room at asiarooms.com
  • Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2011

The frontdesk staff were very helpful. My wife and I stayed for 3 days in this hotel. I lost my sunglasses, my bag of foreign coins and my wife's bangle and bracelet! This hotel i would never recommend not unless they get rid of that/those housekeeping staff with sticky fingers! We are VERY DISGUSTED coz we tipped them as well!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple