“an affordable and clean place”
Review of Blue Diamond Hotel

Blue Diamond Hotel
Ranked #89 of 476 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed February 13, 2014

we just stayed 5 nights at this place. Booking thru Expedia, we got a very good price for a superior room, but found out once we arrived that there was no window despite some pictures might show otherwise. Paying an upgrade of 10USD landed us in a deluxe room with window at the back of the building. The room is quite large with a very spacious and clean bathroom.AC is very quiet. the mattress is a little bit soft. Wifi signal is very strong. Lighting is not as bright as we wish. Breakfast buffet is served in a nice room with mostly asian and some standard north american stuff ( donut, sandwiches,pancakes,sausage..). One drawback: there is almost no change during our stay.
Safetywise,this small hotel has water sprinkler only in common places (floor hallway, lobby...), two escape stairs on each side but they are not in closed shaft.
Location is perfect, very central, walking distance to everything.
Staff very polite and helpful.
we will be back to this place.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is our second time with Blue Diamond. We stayed 6 nights (Jan 20-26) in their luxury room on the 6th floor. I believe this is the second largest room that they have in the building.It's very roomy with a large window. The bathroom is functional but the shampoo/bath products are not good quality. Luckily, we always brought our own bath products. The breakfast is okay to average and nothing special. We skipped 2 days of breakfast and opted to go out for breakfast on our own. The hotel itself seems a little run down compared to 2011.The management should considered to spend some money to updated the facility.
All-in-All, the Blue Diamond is very central located and easy access to the city for first timers and good price for 3 star hotel. Should I stay with them again in the future? Maybe but they are not on my first list. There are many hotels build up in HCM City and I'd like to experience and try the new and difference one.

Stay tune for our next hotel review in HCM City:
- Hotel Majestic Saigon (4 star) Jan 26-28
- Lotte Legend Saigon (5 star) Jan 28 - Feb 1

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Boeing747-8
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Before I start the official review, I got to say the person who took the professional photos did a remarkable job on making the rooms nicer than they really are.

I needed to stay in Ho Chi Minh City for three nights before I catch my international flight back home and searched and found that Blue Diamond Hotel fitted the budget, location, and the online photos were unbelievable. It is around 20 minutes from the Airport and is, as claims located minutes from Ben Thanh Ward. My previous trip I stayed at First Hotel but they wanted to charge me almost DOUBLE in price of what I payed for it last trip. The room I got from Blue Diamond Hotel was average, there were some paint chippings on the wall and dirty marks but that didn't really bother me much. Their fitness place is the size of a cubical. One treadmill, one old elliptical, and one fake bow-flex. MAX of 2 people only. And its located on the 1st floor where its next to 4 other bedrooms and one would feel really awkward and selfish for all the noise generated. They had a foot spa thing but wasn't really down for that. The only great thing about this hotel was their exceptional customer service. And I mean exceptional. They accommodated to me for my every needs even though the hotel rooms were slightly below average. They have a free morning buffet which can get crowded so I would be there extremely early. The food is pretty much average which is really leaned towards Asian Food. Oh, the food is extremely cold and left out to sit with the exception of two or three entrees that are left heated. Their "Business" computer thing you see in the picture if bogus. Its located INSIDE the buffet, in the corner, with people eating behind you. Their wifi is strong which is a plus. To be honest, I will never go back and rent this hotel again even though I love their service, they just need to upgrade their food, clean their rooms, and upgrade that gym and business area. The lobby looks ridiculously nice but not so much the rooms. The location is great, you can go from high class cuisine, to low class in a matter of minutes of walking. There is enough American food around like Hard Rock to many street venders. All in all, I payed roughly 40 dollars for a night here which is too overprice for the room quality. If they drop it down to maybe 25 dollars a night this review would of been better because you pay for what you get for.

Room Tip: If you must stay at this specific hotel even though there are better hotels near by, get the most ex...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We stayed 1 night at this hotel arriving mid afternoon & departing the next morning after breakfast.After looking at the menu we decided to eat at their restaurant & found both the food & price to be good. Staff at the front desk & restaurant were both friendly & helpful, particularly our waiter Mr Wang

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

The staff were super friendly, the room was as expected for a mid-range hotel, the location was great for accessibility to local markets, shopping and attractions, and because we were lazy/short of time, the tours organised through the hotel were both easy and good fun*. *Mekong tour was not into what I would consider the 'true' Mekong with floating markets etc, but this is no reflection on the hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I chose this hotel as it has a high rating through trip advisor, which is thoroughly deserved.
It offered a Great location near the market and war remnants museum. It's large variety of breakfast options in the buffet definitely filled us up for the day and the staff were very friendly and informative.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights during my vacation to Vietnam. Everything is up to my expectation as a 3-star hotel.

Strategically located near to the market where you can shop and hunt for food easily. Staff are friendly, smiled and greeted you everytime walk pass the lobby.

Breakfast was OK, quite a lot varieties and taste good. However tea was always not replenished, there were only coffee available for most of the time I sit there.

In-room amenities was complete. All facilities are functioning. Except for the bathtub was a bit dirty when I check in back on the 3rd night whereby my room was different from the 1st night.

Everything else are good, will definitely come back in the future!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family