All reviewsben thanh marketbackpacker areapham ngu laotour groupdouble roomother hotelsstayed nightsstreet foodhcmctoursbathtub
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Asian Ruby 3 Hotel has a great location with bargaining price.

Location:
Walkable distance to all attractions. (15 mins to city centre)
A couple of blocks away from the Ben Thanh market.
5 mins to Sinh Tourism, great for staying if you join day-tour there.

Room:
Clean, fair tiny room.
Great wifi connection.
the only pitfall is the shower is not strong enough

Breakfast:
Taste OK, many choices.

Service:
Nice staff who really willing to giving a hand on your travel.

Room Tip: Rooms with City view
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank WinterWong
Reviewed April 16, 2013

If you are looking for a cheap, clean, comfortable place to stay in Ho Chi Minh City, Asian Ruby 3 Hotel is the place for you! I paid $30/night for my room with good air con, great buffet style continental breakfast, free wi-fi (two computers available for use in the lobby, and I could usually access it on my phone in my room as well), helpful staff, good shower with a curtain (so the entire bathroom doesn't get drenched when you shower), safe with electronic lock in bedroom. There is also an elevator, so you don't have to walk up 6 flights of stairs with your luggage like I did at our hotel in Hanoi.

You can pay for a shuttle to pick you up from the airport and take you right to the hotel. My friend and I booked the Cu Chi Tunnel tour and the Mekong Delta tour through the hotel (there are several other tours to choose from as well), and the tour bus picked us up right at the hotel for both. This was very convenient, and they just added the cost of the tours to our final hotel bill that we paid when checking out.

The only downside is that there was a lot of construction going on nearby and the mornings were very noisy - nothing some earplugs couldn't fix.

My friend and I liked this hotel so much that after we returned to HCMC from a quick trip to Hanoi and Halong Bay, we booked the same place until we left Vietnam.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2013

You are right in the middle of things, across from a city park where residents begin their exercises at 5:30 a.m., and just three of four blocks from the big night market. It's an easy walk to many restaurants and attractions. Just be really, really careful crowding the streets - the Saigon traffic is notorious. The rooms are indeed just large enough for a single person; they must be super-cramped for a couple. But I did like the towels and plumbing in the bathroom. There is barely enough elevator capacity; the hotel is tall, without lots of rooms on each floor. I did climb the eight flights to stairs to my room a couple of times because I hate waiting. A very noisy family occupied one room on my floor, cooking in their room and kind of inhabiting the hall. Their cooking smells,especially at breakfast time, were a bit tough to handle.
The official breakfast focused on Asian foods, without a lot to appeal to Westerners, but no one in my group starved. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel has a good location. Just a couple of blocks away from the Ben Thanh market.

Breakfast is just okay. I'd stick to bacon, toast and eggs, and maybe some cereal.

Staff are friendly. Prior to our booked stay here, we asked them if we could stay in their lobby as we waited for our ride to Cambodia. They lock up the hotel at night but they have people on standby so they could let you in when you knock. They agreed to let us in and stay in the lobby, even offered us some food and drinks.

There were 3 of us and we were given a room on the top floor with an awesome view of the city at night. Perfect room for 3 girls who shopped like crazy in Ben Thanh.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night. Great location near the Rex hotel and covered marketplace... right across from a huge park where they provided entertainment the night we were there. Clean, smallish, though comfortable room. Our bed was firm and the linens fresh and crisp

Room Tip: Ask for a lower room if you want to use the stairs and avoid a small, slow elevator
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends