“Great value”

Ranked #288 of 850 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Oslo, Norway
“Great value”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here twice during our trip to Vietnam. The first time from 22-30 january and second time from 18-21.february, in room 101 + 102.

We had a great time during our stay, our rooms were nice and clean. The staff were very nice and polite. The Manager was awesome. They were very helpful in everyway. The doorman even drove me on his motorcycle to the market to change money. He helped us to purchase Vietnamese simcard to our phones and etc. The receptionist helped us to find places were we could play tennis and badminton and recommended where we should eat and drink.

Nearby facilities:
- walking distance to the best bar in Saigon: Chill skybar (price: high, upper class)
- walking distance to Din ky (open 24/7) :) Fresh seafood. (price: high, upper class)
- walking distance to Zen plaza (shopping mall, recommend to eat on the 5th floor or maybe it was 3rd floor :P, buffe for 200k)
- Banks, coffee shops, billiard, pho. ect.

All in all very satisfied with this Hotel, and would recommend it to any of our friends anytime. Definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Vietnamese first
Aurora, Colorado, United States
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights, first night I stayed at 20-dollar room which is so small, noisy, dirty and my husband and I coudn't sleep whole night because of mosquitoes. they were everywhere. Second day, we changed to better room which was $5 more. This room is a bit bigger, less noisier but still a lot of mosquitoes. We had about over 20 red spot on our backs overall

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 683Helen

Travelers are raving about these Ho Chi Minh City hotels

British Columbia
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I thought I would write a review, since we almost did not stay here because of the low reviews on here. We stayed here for three nights, for $22 a night with two beds. After popping into 3 hotels that were $50++, we thought we would look at this one. The beds were very comfortable, the bathroom has a separate shower with a door (unlike most bathrooms in vietnam where it;s all over the floor, or where water leaks everywhere...!) Even though we are directly facing the busy street, this has been our quietest hotel in vietnam, even quieter than the small towns we stayed at (we're on the third floor), and the only place where i didn't need ear plugs! The staff are fine, though not entirely confident in their english, they still seem totally fine to us.
This is the end of our trip all over vietnam, it's nice to finish with a good hotel :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I stayed 21 nights at this hotel and found it ok. Staff were friendly and helpful to me, especially Trong. The most upsetting thing to me was there is only one desk top computer near to the reception counter. I did not have any problem with noise so I slept very well.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank OzzieSydney6996
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed May 13, 2011

Just a short review on hotel named My Anh Hotel Saigon,this hotel is akin to emergency accommadation and if you are unlucky enough to abode there you will get my drift.
Firstly im sure they actually know that you are unlikely to start more than one night because they refuse to give you the cheapest room available ,insisting those rooms are full even though they are advertised online as available,a ploy to extract more money off you.
The staff are totaly focused on themselves ,unfriendly,sometimes rude,facilities that are available to guests such as free internet the check in desk area ,these facilities are taken over by boyfriends and girlfriend of staff members.
The rooms really ragged looking not too clean,and noisey .
Expect to stay one night dont book more than this online as you will be disappointed,i only stayed there because my flight came in late and i was tired,as soon as i took my shower i was off out looking for a better place to stay,there are many if you take the time to look.

Hope you find this review useful.

KInd Regards

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sherp8
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Hotel room price on De Tham St. and Bui Vien St. and Pham Ngu Lao is much more expensive (up to 200%) than Le Lai st. and still easy distance to everywhere.
And Room number finished with 1 (201, 301, 401, 501) is superior room facing road and small park in front of building.
They are bigger than other room and also has big window.
I didn't notice that much noisy from street (maybe my room was 501, so it's higher ground from all the noise from street.
But room window can open it, but bathroom window can't not open so it's quite humid and hot, especially after luke warm shower.
Other than that reception peeson is quite helpful, except bellboy at night shift.

Would i recommended to other friends? maybe..

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maldivespark
Canada
Reviewed January 26, 2011

The room was very clean - a bit small. The free breakfast was nice. Staff were generally not too friendly and there seemed to be way more workers than need be- sitting idly around, using the one computer for guests. ugh. Apart from that though, it was an alright place.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo