Ngoc Thao Guesthouse
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
La Felix Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
View Hotel
Elios Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Spring House Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Room Service
Dragon Palace II Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Saigon Smile Hostel(Ho Chi Minh City)
View Hotel
Vien Dong Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel 211(Ho Chi Minh City)
View Hotel
Ocean Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
View Hotel
Ngoc Minh Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbed dorma private double roomfree breakfastair conmeet other travellersnight buscu chi tunnels and mekong deltasmall alleyrooms are cleanstayed here for nightsbanana pancakescommon roombackpacker areacheap pricephnom penhpolice stationquiet at night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We arrived 12th Oct and stayed for a couple of nights. From day one we were greeted by friendly staff who sat us down, provided us with a map and pointed out the local sights. They also gave us a heads up of the standard taxi rates so we didn't get ripped off. Very helpful! We stayed in a clean double room with a private bathroom on the 5th floor which had aircon, a comfortable bed with fluffy pillows. Staff assisted with obtaining a sim card, taxi to the airport and allowed us to keep our bags at reception after we checked out. Sim card and taxi at cheaper rates (higher rates on the street). If you need to get a guide book we suggest that you get it from the guest house...we got ours on the street at a higher price as we did not realise they were selling them there. Wifi cut out a couple of times however this was not a problem as we used the local sim as a back up. We also made use of their laundry service for a small fee which was very good. Had to take off our shoes when entering however didn't find this to be a problems as the premises were clean. I carried my shoes to the room while my partner was happy to leave them at the door.
Thanks Ngoc Thao Guesthouse

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 14, 2012

- good location in main backpaker area
- must pay for breakfast - 1 USD
- tiny room
- tiny bathroom
- good Internet access
Its a good place if you really are just spending the night there. One of us was sick and must had to stay 2 entire days in the room and... spending 2 days sick with no window isnt fun. You need some daylight. But at Ngoc Thao you will not have it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Everything is at your fingertips here. Right in the middle of district 1 amongst all the night life and parks. A little hard to find at first but everyone knows it so don't worry. Next to the places to eat and a great Indian place, be sure to try it out.

Friendly staff always smiling knowledgeable and fun. My fav is Han always there to talk even though she's always busy ;)

Perfect for the travelor who likes to meet interesting or good people, not overrun with drunk kids ;)

You can book tours here organise trips ask questions! They are always there to help. Computers normally free and working.

I'll only stay here in HCM since I can always get a good spot if i book in time, and changing rooms is always easy.

Room Tip: Just try to get one on a lower floor unless you want some exercise :)
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I love stay in here..the host mrs ngoc very helpfull. She give a map that help me to around hcmn city and help me to choose Mekong river tour + bus to go to SR. I'm stay in double room with good price + facility. Wifi good working and have good breakfast.. Very recommended, if I'm back at hcmn I'll stay in here again..

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed September 19, 2012

As it is located in a narrow road its not as noisy as the hotels and hostals on the main road.
The owner and his family are very friendly and helpful if you ask for bus connections, planning some tours and general information about HCMC. The breakfast is good - do not expect too much varity and the rooms are clean, but some without windows.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends