“Disappointing return to Beautiful Saigon”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ho Chi Minh City
Beautiful Saigon Hotel 2
Ranked #23 of 891 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Auckland, New Zealand
“Disappointing return to Beautiful Saigon”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at the Beautiful Saigon 3 when we first went to Saigon. When we returned several weeks later after our travels we booked in to the Beautiful Saigon 3 again. We were moved to the Beautiful Saigon 2 as there was a 'quieter' room available. We were advised that this was the 'newer block' and only a few doors down. This hotel is no where near as good as it's namesake. The room seemed smaller and not as nicely equipped with a bed that creaked so badly that we couldn't sleep. Most importantly the staff were no where near as good. They were tired and disinterested. Service at breakfast was particularly poor (in comparison). We really missed the staff from the Beautiful Saigon 3. Stay at the Beautiful Saigon 3 or stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay at the Beautiful Saigon 3
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Oponz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I love this hotel!!! This is the second time my family and I have stayed here. It really is like catching up with some old friends!! The Rooms are large and very, very clean! We stayed in a triple room with a balcony. Because we are a family of 4, the hotel provided us with a fold out bed. Even then, the room was still very spacious. The breakfast is a choice off the menu, and although not large, it has a good selection!! The hotel is wonderfully located. It is down a nice little alley always busy with daily activity. The hotel is also walking distance to the Market and there are many eateries in the surrounding alleys and streets. This is a very small hotel (only 8 rooms) so you get to know the staff very well. They are ALL very friendly and very helpful. Like I said, I love this hotel and highly recommend it!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Barcelona
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a nice simple, and importantly, quiet hotel in a quiet alley. I think the hotels in this alley are the best to stay in in this area as this is the only alley that doesn’t have loud bars. The bar scene gets started around 11pm and continues until very late, like 3am or so. We made the mistake of pre-booking a hotel around the corner that was near a very noisy bar and even though we had a room on the 5th floor, at the back without a window, we could still hear the music very clearly in our room. So was great to stay at this hotel for a good nights sleep and yet still be near the life. We had a big room with a balcony – we paid $42 / night for a double. Really nice and helpful staff. Their hotel next door, Beautiful Saigon 3, is also nice and quiet. However the first Beautiful Saigon hotel is on a noisy street.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 24, 2013

initially i booked my hotel stay with Saigon 3, however I requested earlier check in so I was put in the Saigon 3 with an upgrade to triple room (i paid for standard double room). The hotel is pretty decent and so is the room. Anything common you would expect from a hotel room, it is there.

But there was this unpleasant experience. Since I got a triple room, i had a third person my friend who I promised he could stay with me overnight so he made a trip down to meet me. The moment when he entered the hotel, the reception stopped him. I have tried anyway possible even top up the cash to let my friend stay overnight, they didn't make it easier for me. Really got no idea what their hotel policy is.

Otherwise, this hotel is still recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Virginia
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed the night prior to this one at "Hello Hotel" and was so glad I moved here. For only a couple $ more I got a lot more value. Large room, windows, clean bathroom, kind and attentive staff and a good restaurant. This is owned an operated by a company and they definitely know what they are doing compared what seemed like a disorganized privately run hotel that I stayed at the night before.

The room design and layout is nice and so is the bathroom. They have a in-room safe and the storage is plenty. There is no lift but the staff will help you to carry your luggage up and down for you. The good thing is that the staircase is not crammed and is clean and lit.

Check in and check out were a breeze and everything was in close proximity to the hotel. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed September 8, 2013

It is a simple yet cool hotel. The staff are friendly. The hotel manager did her very best to ensure our stay was good. They do have a lovely affordable restaurant at the hotel. The hotel is in a "alley". This "alley" has only motorcycle and people passing thro. In this "alley" you will find a new of eateries and other hotels as well. It has no noisy bar so your sleep will be pleasant. I found the hotel to be clean and even offered a desktop with free internet connection. Well..what more can you ask for? :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Alice Springs, Australia
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed here at the beginning of our Vietnam trip early august and it was a great place. Good location, friendly staff and clean premises. We then stayed again at the end of our trip and were extremely disappointed with the service we received. There was a discrepancy in what room we had booked and how many people could stay, as there was only 2 of us and apparentLy we had mistakenly booked a 1person room although it still had 3 beds. We were asked to pay almost double the difference between a 1person room and a 2 person room. I tried to explain to reception that I was not paying what they had asked, but I would pay the difference between the two room rates (as I looked up the rates for that day on agoda). We agreed on a rate in AUD, and were the prreceded to be charged in USD the next morning. After trying to explain we had agreed in AUD, we gave up, walked away very unhappy and would not recommend this motel to anyone. All places we stayed in Vietnam were very accommodating, and went out of their way to ensure customer satisfaction, and we just didn't get that here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple