“Awful building work resulted in sleepless nights!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ho Chi Minh City
Beautiful Saigon Hotel 2
Ranked #31 of 1,001 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We had made a reservation for Beautiful Saigon, but this had been mysteriously lost so we were sent to its sister hotel Beautiful Saigon Hotel 2. The rooms were large and clean and breakfast was included. However at 5am we were woken up by the building work taking place opposite the hotel. It was clearly a large project which had been going on for some time, yet the hotel staff failed to warn us about it. A whole $2 was discounted from our bill to compensate for this.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed here on our first two nights (superior room) and last two nights (standard room) of our 9 days trip in South and Central Vietnam. All the staff was very polite and helpful and Miss Thao Le was exceptionally great. She assisted us with all our tour bookings and bus ticket. Loved the standard room as it was on the 4th floor and was quiet and clean. Great location and within walking distance to Ben Thanh Market. Definitely value for money! My sister recommended me this place and I would definitely recommend it to anyone as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed here in May 2012 for one night.

The hotel is quite pleasant and not bad value at all, but our stay was spoiled by being in a noisy room (room 102). Our room was on the stairs up to the first floor, and facing the back of the property. There was some kind of fan or other machinery (possibly something to do with the kitchen) which was terribly noisy and came on intermittently. There was a vent in our room which we couldn't close - had we been able to we could have cut some of the noise down, but that wasn't an option. In addition there was a bit of noise from the stairs and reception.

If we'd been here longer we would probably have asked to move rooms.

Breakfast was nice, location was very good, size of room and cleanliness of room was excellent. Our transfer to the airport was sorted out for us and was good value I thought at $10.

I would recommend staying here, but you should go for a different room!

(NB. We also stayed at Beautiful Saigon 3 earlier in our trip which was about 2 doors down on the same street - no noise troubles there).

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 102!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2012

the hotel was good. the only problem was there was no elevator - so u have to give ur bag to the bell boy (felt bad for him - cause he had to climb up 5 floors). hotel is at a good enough location. walking distance to a lot of places. and there is always taxi around the corner. the price was really good. i would recommend this place to a friend. Although, I could def do without the ants in the room but u can't help that I guess. Overall it's good (which is average in trip advisor's rating system)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2012

all the staff was very helpfull and friendly, nice tour arrangement with tnk tour. thank's to miss thao
we will be back soon

Room Tip: superior room in first floor are too noisy at night because they located above kitchen directly
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2012

It isn't exactly a budget room, but I'm not really on a budget, just want clean, quiet, and comfortable. Price range $25 to $37.
You get a bath with shower over, all new. The water heater isn't going to manage a bath full of piping hot, but it was nice to lay back in. Good Internet, good breakfast, the instant noodles come with real chunks of meat and fresh vegetables in. Will stay here again.

Also, in regard to to safety and security in the area, the staff informed without being asked. There is a safe in the room and also at reception. Off course as is always the case in hotels, some staff members are able to open safes (if you can't remember your number). There were also prominent signs in reception warning of the current scams in the area.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jetset_Triffid
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Overall the hotel was very good and I enjoyed my 5 day stay. The rooms are very clean, the staff is very helpful, the location is good (a little hard to find), and the price is very good. The breakfast is pretty good and the staff was always helpful with any questions. There are shops, restaurants, and bars close to the hotel. Overall it's a very good place to stay.

What you need to know:

When you arrive at Bui Vien St it is a small street in the middle of the backpacker district. I had a lady show up and take me to a different hotel. There are lots of hotels and guesthouses on this street and the Beautiful Siagon Hotel is easy to miss. Another hotel tried to check me in, but I left and walked back while the same lady tried to show me another place. She left when I finally found it after 5-8 minutes. The staff was very friendly and helpful when I arrived.

There are lots of restaurants, bars, travel agencies, and many shop very close. There is a great shop if you turn right leaving the hotel in about 30 feet (10 meters) on the left called Le Kie. I don't remember a sign, but the owner Loanle is very friendly and speaks very good English. It's a great place to buy something and ask her a question about anything. Also, if you turn left leaving the hotel at the end of the street on the right there is a nice shop for wood carvings. For reasonably price and good Vietnamese I went to Kim's which is pretty good and very close. To get to Kim's take a left out of the hotel, another left at the end of the street, and a left on the corner and it's a few shops down.

Motorcycle taxis are the easiest, quickest, and cheapest way around the city. It's an experience if you have not done it before, so hang on and wear a helmet.

There are a couple good coffee houses pretty close. Take a left out of the hotel and at the end of the street you can go left or right. There are coffee houses in both directions.

Overall it's a very good place to stay and in a good location. The only thing I found strange was that there were only complimentary water on the first day no matter how many days you stay. This was the only place I encountered that and found it a bit odd. But overall everything else was very good.

I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a deluxe.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo